Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigL77

!st Team, 2nd team or 3rd team? Does it matter?

15 posts in this topic

I hate hearing about how "all of our starters are hurt"!! So what!!! We have other players on our team that are paid very well, SO STEP UP & PLAY LIKE IT!!! At a regular job, if a co-worker is out we have to pick up their slack... SO DO THAT ON THE FIELD!!! Players want bonuses when they play well, do they wanna pay fans back with those bonuses when their play stinks & theyre ding nothing to improve it (Chris Houston!!)

slamee101 and Yep like this

This is where good GM and coaching staff come into play.. NFL football is too violent to not have depth.. Everyone on the active roster needs to be ready and prepared every Sunday..To use injuries as an excuse in the NFL is unacceptable to me as a fan..

Yep and slamee101 like this

Back-ups aren't starters because they aren't as good as starters. You're in denial if you don't believe if Peyton Manning goes down in Indy, their offense doesn't suffer. If Adrian Peterson goes down for the Vikings, their offense shuts down. The Bears defense has suffered greatly without Brian Urlacher.

When 3 of your offensive linemen, your franchise QB, your Pro Bowl RB, and one of your starting WRs goes down; your offense is going to suffer greatly. This whole, "injuries aren't an excuse, that's why you pay for back-ups" is garbage. You're clueless if you don't think for a second the offense of a team isn't going to suffer grossly if that many starters are out. No team in the NFL can lose that many starters on that side of the ball and they're offense not collapse.

Combine that with the fact that TD hasn't been around long enough to establish depth on this team, something that takes years to do, and it makes it all that much worse.

Jesus likes this

Back-ups aren't starters because they aren't as good as starters. You're in denial if you don't believe if Peyton Manning goes down in Indy, their offense doesn't suffer. If Adrian Peterson goes down for the Vikings, their offense shuts down. The Bears defense has suffered greatly without Brian Urlacher.

When 3 of your offensive linemen, your franchise QB, your Pro Bowl RB, and one of your starting WRs goes down; your offense is going to suffer greatly. This whole, "injuries aren't an excuse, that's why you pay for back-ups" is garbage. You're clueless if you don't think for a second the offense of a team isn't going to suffer grossly if that many starters are out. No team in the NFL can lose that many starters on that side of the ball and they're offense not collapse.

Combine that with the fact that TD hasn't been around long enough to establish depth on this team, something that takes years to do, and it makes it all that much worse.

[/quote

Slow down.. yes... SHUT DOWN??? No!! No one expects the Offense to be the same without that many starters, but to "perform" the way they did yesterday was just palin ugly!! Its ok to stumble, but you cant even call yesterday "falling down",,,,, they LAID DOWN!!! And as a "PRO", hearing your stadium cheering for someone other than a Falcon shouldve done something to wake trhem up a little bit more than it did. Have some pride!!

Yep and slamee101 like this

We don't have good depth and that's something that we're working on. We all watched the Eagles 2nd stringers beat us in the final game of 2006 and even yesterday they sat their starters with about 10 minutes left to play..

We just don't have good depth.

I didn't realize you could reach a quota for positive quotes. :lol:

Plenty of teams have had key guys injured...the Cards had Warner sit last week. Steelers had Roethlisberger out. Eagles have had McNabb and Westbrook and Jackson miss time. They might not have won, but they gave a much better effort than we did. We rolled over yesterday and I don't care if it's your backups or not...that's inexcusable!

Yep likes this

I didn't realize you could reach a quota for positive quotes. :lol:

Plenty of teams have had key guys injured...the Cards had Warner sit last week. Steelers had Roethlisberger out. Eagles have had McNabb and Westbrook and Jackson miss time. They might not have won, but they gave a much better effort than we did. We rolled over yesterday and I don't care if it's your backups or not...that's inexcusable!

All i have to say to you (slamee) is that i LOVE both of your video clips!!!

It matters and it matters even more when your plan is to have one side of the football carry the other. Since our offense carries our defense every offensive injury hurts us worse.

i guess if a sprinter on the relay team hurts the guy who replaces him is suppose to run a time just as fast.. wait they dont run the same speed which is why one was the reserve in the first place? say it aint so!

i guess if a sprinter on the relay team hurts the guy who replaces him is suppose to run a time just as fast.. wait they dont run the same speed which is why one was the reserve in the first place? say it aint so!

The to sports dont compare.... bad example

Sure if Manning goes down Indy will suffer but they may still win. Take away his LT, RG, #2WR and starting RB and there is an issue with the Offense.

There is quality depth but there is also raiding the practice squad for depth. We got hit hard last week. I challenge any team to step up after that and win a game. Sure the 2nd string could have played better, but if we had a decent kicker before we would have won more games and the team wouldn't have been in this situation all along.

There are too many if's and buts.

Oh well we will be better next year.

Sure if Manning goes down Indy will suffer but they may still win. Take away his LT, RG, #2WR and starting RB and there is an issue with the Offense.

There is quality depth but there is also raiding the practice squad for depth. We got hit hard last week. I challenge any team to step up after that and win a game. Sure the 2nd string could have played better, but if we had a decent kicker before we would have won more games and the team wouldn't have been in this situation all along.

There are too many if's and buts.

Oh well we will be better next year.

Arent we all tired of saying that!!!

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

We don't have good depth and that's something that we're working on. We all watched the Eagles 2nd stringers beat us in the final game of 2006 and even yesterday they sat their starters with about 10 minutes left to play..

We just don't have good depth.

Bingo. That's the last piece in rebuilding a team. You build the starters and then you build depth.

We haven't even finished with the starters yet. We're in our second year. Last year, we were fortunate not to have the injuries. Not so much this year and the youth of the team shows up with lack of depth.

Arent we all tired of saying that!!!

Yes, but we're still rebuilding. Despite the pre-season hype, we're still rebuilding.

I hope you didn't really believe the hype that this was a SB team? I think we're a middle of the pack to above average team at this point in time as long as we have all our

starters.