1st time in 39ys I'm embarrassed to be a Falcon's fan

Ranger 69

Today, I'm embarrassed to be a Falcon's fan. It's not because the Falcons had a horrible game against a quality opponent. That's happened before and it will happen again, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL. That's football! No, I'm embarrassed because of the actions of some of the so called Falcon's fans at the game yesterday.

There is nothing wrong with showing respect to a former Falcon player before or after a game. But to show open support and cheer for a former Falcon player during a game where he is playing against us is just plain WRONG..!

As a real Falcon's fan, it embarrasses me to be associated with those Vick loving A-holes that cheered for him during yesterdays game.

If you're a Eagle's fan and you cheered for Vick then good for you. That's what you're suppose to do. However, if you're a Falcon's fan and you cheered for Vick, you should be ashamed of yourself..!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the people cheering for Vick during the game yesterday can't classify themselves as falcon fans, just Vick fans. its ok for them to cheer too, i just don't believe they should classify themselves as Falcon fans. Its just not true. Not saying there is something wrong with being a Vick fan. I would never do it personally i would rather be a falcon fan. Fortunatly the Vick fans will be off the board in a couple of days, well most of them at least. Then there will be the random individuals on this board who will still be here talking about Vick and that my friends is truly sad. All you can do is ignore or make fun of them, one or the other.

No offense.. But if you're not embarrassed by the performance that this team put on yesterday I have to question if you're really a fan.. What's more important? The teams actual performance or the reaction of the guy sitting next to you?

Our entire team is hurt!!! How is no one even mentioning that? Chris redman couldn't hit the broad side of a barn yesterday, ok that sucks, but at least he isn't our starting QB. That goes for backups at any position, they are a backup for a reason. The game was brutal but there is no need to criticize backup players for not looking like a playoff team.... thats why they are backups. I think the REAL issue here is the fans as stated and i agree with this post 100%. I've never been so ashamed to be a falcons fan. As i was cowering in my seat i was getting sympathy from the eagles fans behind me because they couldn't beleive people in falcons gear were cheering for the eagles. ASHAMED.

Our entire team is hurt!!! How is no one even mentioning that? Chris redman couldn't hit the broad side of a barn yesterday, ok that sucks, but at least he isn't our starting QB. That goes for backups at any position, they are a backup for a reason. The game was brutal but there is no need to criticize backup players for not looking like a playoff team.... thats why they are backups. I think the REAL issue here is the fans as stated and i agree with this post 100%. I've never been so ashamed to be a falcons fan. As i was cowering in my seat i was getting sympathy from the eagles fans behind me because they couldn't beleive people in falcons gear were cheering for the eagles. ASHAMED.

Because it's the NFL and that's never a valid excuse..

Philly was missing their starting running, best receiver, half of their o-line and their #1 and #2 MLB's on the depth chart.. You play with who you have...

I completely agree with the first post. The crowd cheered louder when Vick ran in for the TD than they did for the Falcons at any point before or during the game. It made me sick. As for the Falcons performance yesterday, there were very few if any bright spots. The D tried there best to keep us in the game when they had their backs against the wall, but the O did nothing to help. The brilliant play calling of 4 straight dive plays at the goalline was inexcusable. Only an idiot does the same thing over and over again with negative results. Also, why in the world did we make a big deal of cutting Jason Elam and the long snapper if we weren't going to try 1 field goal? That was just rough to watch yesterday, but the Vick Love was awful. I hate to say it, but Atlanta has some of the most fickle fans in any city. Braves "fans" only go to games when they make the playoffs, nobody goes to Hawks games unless we are playing the Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, etc. and we are in the top 10 in the league, and of course the Falcons "fans" cheer for Vick!! Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off of my chest.

I was there and did my share of booing. I didn't boo the team although the defense might have deserved it. And many folks did boo the team at the half way mark. I booed ookie. If Blank didn't feel like he got ***** slapped y.day, then something is wrong with him. Ookie leads the team out? Ookie is a captain? This thing stinks of pro-wrestling !! What a script. LOL And I'm serious about this. The NFL acted like pro-wrestling. But then, they knew they could get away with it since it is the ATL.

The egirls go 98 yards and give a dog a bone. That's what that deal was and boos over-rode the cheers. Boos over-rode the idiots till the fourth qt. Their wasn't enough fans left to over-ride then. That's when I left too.

It's not surprising. It's the Atl. Only a city like it would do something like this. It's not surprising in the least.

No offense.. But if you're not embarrassed by the performance that this team put on yesterday I have to question if you're really a fan.. What's more important? The teams actual performance or the reaction of the guy sitting next to you?

I was disappointed by the performance of the team but not embarrassed. There isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't stink it up once in a while. And being a true Falcon's fan for 39 years, I've learned to be pretty thick skined when it comes to the Falcons having a really bad game once in a while.

What I am not used to, and never will be, is Falcon's fans cheering and chanting for an opposing player. That is unacceptable..!

Today, I'm embarrassed to be a Falcon's fan. It's not because the Falcons had a horrible game against a quality opponent. That's happened before and it will happen again, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL. That's football! No, I'm embarrassed because of the actions of some of the so called Falcon's fans at the game yesterday.

There is nothing wrong with showing respect to a former Falcon player before or after a game. But to show open support and cheer for a former Falcon player during a game where he is playing against us is just plain WRONG..!

As a real Falcon's fan, it embarrasses me to be associated with those Vick loving A-holes that cheered for him during yesterdays game.

If you're a Eagle's fan and you cheered for Vick then good for you. That's what you're suppose to do. However, if you're a Falcon's fan and you cheered for Vick, you should be ashamed of yourself..!

haha cry me a river and get over it. If this is your first time being ashamed to be a fan of this team over some people cheering for a former falcon then it is ridiculous. Yall act like this is some moral code. I don't care what the fans did. I care that the team got blown out at HOME. I know I will get negatives for this, but there are bigger things to worry about with this team then who cheered for Vick and all that nonsense.

I was disappointed by the performance of the team but not embarrassed. There isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't stink it up once in a while. And being a true Falcon's fan for 39 years, I've learned to be pretty thick skined when it comes to the Falcons having a really bad game once in a while.

What I am not used to, and never will be, is Falcon's fans cheering and chanting for an opposing player. That is unacceptable..!

They weren't Falcon fans.. They were Vick fans..I don't know why this concept is so hard for people to understand. The Falcons are the L.A. Clippers of the NFL.. Their fanbase is probably about 35-40 thousand deep at the most.. Everyone else in the dome is just an NFL fan or a fan of a particular player..That's what you witnessed.. You want more "real" fans?? Then have back to back winning seasons...

I don't know how any Falcons fan that was at that game yesterday isn't embarrassed! I have never witnessed anything like this and I never hope to again! To hear people cheer someone who caused us so much Football pain hurt me! I cant imagine what it did to our players. Someone who took us to the playoffs, but never to the big game. Someone who flicked his own fans off b/c he was booed! Someone that didn't bring us our first back to back winning seasons, but this man was considered our savior! Someone that when you think about really did nothing but divide fans of this team! Yesterday I heard a life long Falcons fan and avid user of this board say she wasn't going back to another home game! Today I am embarrassed for my team and my city!

Even for me ( born German, living in German ) who watched the game through a bad PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL it was tough to see people in old school falcons jerseys cheering for Vick when he scored against us.

How can you even think about wearing a Falcons jersey and at the same time cheer for the once who nearly destroyed the team and threw it back at least 5 years ?

From my work at 1st level support of a software company I learned not to expect anything from people and to be prepared for everything but THIS is beyond anything i would have ever imagined.

Seriously here in germany ( if all this would have happened at one of our soccer teams ) the bus of the eagles wouldnt even made it to the stadium without police guard. Vick would have been really lucky if people didnt jump of the fences trying to get him ...

Just ask the former head coach of VfB Stuttgart - at his last games Stuttgarts own fans we´re tearing the teams bus apart because of the downfall of the team ( selling the best scorer and going from top 3 to bottowm 3 in 1 season ).

Those guys who cheered for Vick deserved to be banned from the whole city ...

Wait, you're not embarrassed that your team didn't show up at all in their own house?

Christ.

Two possible answers:

Do you really expect any team to play for that crowd ?

Would you tear yourself apart for guys in your colors wanting the opponent to win ? :huh:

That crowd got what they wanted ... :blink:

I´m just happy that I didnt pay for a seat in the dome that game ( I couldnt forgive myself spending 3000 EUR ( hotels, flights, etc. ) like 2007 for a game like this ).

The thing to be embarrassed about is not that so many Vick fans showed up at the game yesterday. The thing to be upset about is that all of those Vick fans were able to actually get tickets to the game. It's a sign of how extremeley small the Falcons real fan base is. That is the sad thing.