Ok... Lets talk PLAYOFFS

FireDawg85

So right now, its a race for the wild card spot. Teams included are....

PHI: 8-4

GB: 7-4

NYG: 7-5

ATL: 6-6

First, we NEED the Ravens to win tomorrow night. That will put them even with NY. GB after that has 3 out of 4 games on the road @ CHI, PIT, and ARZ. I see them being out of the Playoffs. I see PHI making the playoffs, but I see either DAL or NY bombing. Dal has SD, NO, and PHI. I could see them losing those games which would put them at 9-7. NY plays PHI and MIN which I could see them losing which would put them at 9-7. We aint out of this people. Lets just hope Turner and Ryan get back soon.

So right now, its a race for the wild card spot. Teams included are....

PHI: 8-4

GB: 7-4

NYG: 7-5

ATL: 6-6

First, we NEED the Ravens to win tomorrow night. That will put them even with NY. GB after that has 3 out of 4 games on the road @ CHI, PIT, and ARZ. I see them being out of the Playoffs. I see PHI making the playoffs, but I see either DAL or NY bombing. Dal has SD, NO, and PHI. I could see them losing those games which would put them at 9-7. NY plays PHI and MIN which I could see them losing which would put them at 9-7. We aint out of this people. Lets just hope Turner and Ryan get back soon.

man sadly after today i just have lost faith and their is not chance, you forget we lost tie breakers too philly giants, and cowboys. That means those teams would have to completely fall off. and considering those nfc east teams somewhat still play each other. Their is honestly no shot we make it in. after this blowout today we be doing good to break this curse.

We are done. Its over. Depth is just terrible all the way around. Even when guys come back, the O has not been as good as expected and the D even worse. We lost all three games against the NFC East, I told a co-worker that we would be sitting home if that happened.

GB will probably beat Chi and Pitt and lose to Ari.

As you said, we have a chance if DAL and NYG self distruct, BUT we cannot defend 3rd downs, so it's probably not going to do us any good if we get to the playoffs! It's the same old thing, we can't get the other team off the field on third down because we have no pass rush and our corner backs suck! I really hope that one of these days we can get a defense that actually does what they are supposed to do! It's so frigging frustrating.

We are done. Its over. Depth is just terrible all the way around. Even when guys come back, the O has not been as good as expected and the D even worse. We lost all three games against the NFC East, I told a co-worker that we would be sitting home if that happened.

Not sure if I belive in "the curse" or not. I had so much hope that we would break that b2b winning seasons streak this year. Now, I'm not so sure but even that would make me happy at this point.

That part in bold above is THE TRUTH!!! THAT has been true for years and years, and I really thought we were beginning to get a handle on it. But look at some of the other teams around the NFL, and how they've managed starter injuries - and you realize it still just isn't there for Atlanta.

Dennis Dixon coming in for Ben Rothlisberger comes to mind. Yeah, they lost that game, but that dude played lights out in the most important position on the team.

Much as it pains me to say it, Philly did what was necessary to deal w/that too, in case McNabb goes down.

Saints have so much depth, you can't even tell their starters from their backups!

What happened in Miami this year? Yeah, starter goes down, and their backup beats the PATS!!! WHAT?!!??!

Anyway.... you get my point. Just ain't happenin' this year for this team.

Edited by kibitzer

We got this.

Saints get their first loss of the season next week.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Thats a good one. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Do you even watch the games? There were more people cheering for the Eagles than the Falcons Sunday because they are so bad, plus all the cheering must have made the home team feel so good and made them want to play their hearts out. To see how real fans act you should have been at the New Orleans airport when the NFC South Champions came home last night, 10,00 fans lineing the street to great them. Next Sunday it will be real ugly for the plucked birds the Saints arent the Bucs. Its over for Atlanta this year once again no back to back winning season HA HA HA HA

Edited by jdl1201

If we win out then there are several scenarios where we can make the playoffs at 10-6.

I'm pretty sure that if we do win out we will make it.

However, if we lose to the Saints, our max record would be 9-7. We would also be tie-breakers down against the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys. Also our NFC record would be 6-6. Therefore if Green Bay wins any one of its three remaining games in the NFC (Bears, Seahawks, Cards on the last day) then they will have a superior NFC record and hence hold the tie-breaker.

Therefore we would need TWO of Green Bay, Dallas, NY Giants and Philadephia to finish 8-8 or worse.

Dallas and Philly play each other so one has to finish with 9+ wins. Therefore we basically need two teams to lose out. Can't see it happening.

We need to win out to make it. With Ryan, Turner and Baker all doubtful for next week against an undefeated team I can't say anything but my heart believes we can do it.

However if we can get 9 wins at least we will break the b2b curse. I don't think we should focus on that now - but at least it gives legitimate meaning to the last three games even if we are out of the playoff picture.

Defense will hold us back. I am sorry, but this is not the year with all the injuries and stuff.

Our offense will hold us back too, going into this season most people knew our offense would have to carry this team for the most part, and it's been a failure as well. As far as the playoffs are concerned, man please.