Good game Gators...

CrimsonKat

Just got back from Atlanta. Great win for the Tide -- could not be happier for the players and coaches. Just wanted to say good game to the Gators who showed up in full force. Tough loss for you guys but a heck of a run over the last two seasons. Tebow is as tough of a competitor as I have seen -- he just ran into a team last night that would not be denied.

Everybody knows about the highly recruited players like Mark Ingram, Rolando McClain, and Julio Jones, but there are so many unsung heroes on Alabama's team who do not get much credit but who are integral to the team's success -- guys like like Chris Rogers (a senior cornerback who covers kicks), Brian Selman (our senior walk-on longsnapper who I can never remember making a bad snap), Drew Davis (our senior right tackle who got a grayshirt offer to Alabama with nobody outside of that giving him a sniff), Tyrone King (a walk-on special teams stud), and Eryk Anders (a senior starting LB that played out of necessity as a D-Tackle at a small HS in Texas who nobody really wanted from a recruiting standpoint). To round off that group with guys like Greg McElroy (our Tebow back-up plan who started at QB for one season in HS), Javier Arenas (who we stole away from his only other offer, Florida Atlantic), and Terrance Cody (whose Junior College coach had to beg college coaches, like Nick Saban, to just take a chance on this kid) makes it that much sweeter.

Great to win the SEC and cannot wait to make the trip to Pasadena. Roll Tide.

Hey Crimson, I remember back in the day you asked me about Lorenzo Washington (He graduated from my highschool). It was good to see him out there laying some licks on Tebow. Hadn't heard about him much the past 5 years.

Yep that is right -- Grayson High School in Georgia if I remember correctly. Lorenzo has been a solid player for us as an upperclassmen. The hire of Nick Saban resurrected Lorenzo's career -- he started at Alabama as a D-Tackle but was a little undersized. After Saban got here with his 3 man front, Lorenzo fit in perfectly as a Defensive End in that alignment. Zo had a good game last night and he is the guy who was all over Tebow on the sack/forced fumble that was reversed to an incomplete pass in the 4th quarter.

I just wish our boys would have put forth a better effort than they did. That sure didn't look like the Florida team I watched all season...

Not trying to rub it in because you guys whipped our butts earlier this season but when you play a better team, whether it be better coached, better talent, or both they have a tendancy to get you our of your comfort zone and make you do things you don't normally do and thats what Bama did to UF. Seems to happen to often lately for us, I guess we recognize it a little better because of our experience lately... -_-

Edited by SandDrew

Not trying to rub it in because you guys whipped our butts earlier this season but when you play a better team, whether it be better coached, better talent, or both they have a tendancy to get you our of your comfort zone and make you do things you don't normally do and thats what Bama did to UF. Seems to happen to often lately for us, I guess we recognize it a little better because of our experience lately... -_-

I don't know, I have a feeling a certain birthday party had more to do with it than anything as well as the fact that I think Bama just wanted it a bit more than our guys did. Bad fundamentals are just bad fundamentals and that's not something I've come to expect from our guys...