We got what we deserved.....

RealBird!

Blank tried to get rid of a golden goose, change the regime and put on a new face, clean house of old players, and things fell apart. We got what we deserved today....not because we got rid of a Black QB (in a city where black fans boosted the bottom line by 75%) nor because we drafted a white QB nor because we have a fairly new coach and GM.

We got our ***** handed to us (which we deserved, by the way) because: a.) we tried to fill a 53-man roster with young guys and b.) we drafted too many injury-prone kids.

a.) There is NO tough-guy, veteran leadership on this team. Brooking, for all his faults, would have ripped Lofton a new one for missing his tackle or assignment. Milloy, even though he's lost a step, would've got in Grimes' *** for letting a WR punk him. Our vets are quiet guys...they'll look at you wrong but they aren't gonna whup your *** when you make a mistake. That is what we are missing. We need that for our young guys to grow up. Also, we can't expect 1st results from that talent pool. Grimes...good in coverage but short and undersized. Lofton...tough, hard hitter but a liability in coverage. Houston...can run and cover any receiver like a blanket but refuses to play the ball. Biermann...great motor but light in the *** without elite power.

b.) I really wanted Talib and Flacco vs Ryan and Baker in last year's draft. Not because the other two guys are better talents... but they are tougher, IMO, than what we have now. How many of our 1st and 2nd rounders are out there now? 2...White and Anderson? We cannot get by with 5-7 rounders or UFA's unless we have 1st and 2nd round talent around them. We need to avoid injury-prone guys like Jerry and Baker. They get hurt, the season is done. Just saying....

And to the fans who cheered for Vick or rooted against him beacuse he's black or a convicted felon...YOU ARE NOT FALCON FANS!!! You could care less if we won or lost...you just wanted to be part of the show. I am so emabarassed to be the ONLY true fan in my section!!!

Guest The Masked Falcon

Hey what happened today is strictly due to injuries, and the pain you endure when you decide to rebuild a team from the ground up.

It is just part of the process of rebuilding: nothing more, nothing less.

I like the way you think brother.

Hey what happened today is strictly due to injuries, and the pain you endure when you decide to rebuild a team from the ground up.

It is just part of the process of rebuilding: nothing more, nothing less.

Bull...shyt. We coulda grabbed McAlister before the Saints...or traded for Jason Taylor...or Kris jenkins. We really put ourselves in a corner by going young.

Intresting post wasnt sure about it at the start but you make a point. We have no veteran leadership and that can be a real problem. Like you say there is no one to snatch the other up by the facemask and get in their face to tell them to get the job done...gutcheck time...tighten your *** up and play ball. Maybe that is why we play so flat there is no team captain to motivate the team give em a kick in the *** when needed. Funny how everyone we let go has come back to enjoy defeating us but it doesnt help when the home fans are cheering for the opposing QB that was a real disgrace

And to the fans who cheered for Vick or rooted against him beacuse he's black or a convicted felon...YOU ARE NOT FALCON FANS!!! You could care less if we won or lost...you just wanted to be part of the show. I am so emabarassed to be the ONLY true fan in my section!!!

If im not mistaken the people who where booing Vick, and rooting against him probably did so because he was an eagle not a falcon.

I mean their both birds, so maybe you were just confused?

Intresting post wasnt sure about it at the start but you make a point. We have no veteran leadership and that can be a real problem. Like you say there is no one to snatch the other up by the facemask and get in their face to tell them to get the job done...gutcheck time...tighten your *** up and play ball. Maybe that is why we play so flat there is no team captain to motivate the team give em a kick in the *** when needed. Funny how everyone we let go has come back to enjoy defeating us but it doesnt help when the home fans are cheering for the opposing QB that was a real disgrace

Amen...

There were white fans that supported Vick. I even saw a guy in a turban with a Vick jersey. Don't make it about race.

If im not mistaken the people who where booing Vick, and rooting against him probably did so because he was an eagle not a falcon.

I mean their both birds, so maybe you were just confused?

I was there...it was either a dog lover vs dog hater issue or a black vs white issue today. Not much Eagle vs Falcon today

Blank tried to get rid of a golden goose, change the regime and put on a new face, clean house of old players, and things fell apart. We got what we deserved today....not because we got rid of a Black QB (in a city where black fans boosted the bottom line by 75%) nor because we drafted a white QB nor because we have a fairly new coach and GM.

We got our ***** handed to us (which we deserved, by the way) because: a.) we tried to fill a 53-man roster with young guys and b.) we drafted too many injury-prone kids.

a.) There is NO tough-guy, veteran leadership on this team. Brooking, for all his faults, would have ripped Lofton a new one for missing his tackle or assignment. Milloy, even though he's lost a step, would've got in Grimes' *** for letting a WR punk him. Our vets are quiet guys...they'll look at you wrong but they aren't gonna whup your *** when you make a mistake. That is what we are missing. We need that for our young guys to grow up. Also, we can't expect 1st results from that talent pool. Grimes...good in coverage but short and undersized. Lofton...tough, hard hitter but a liability in coverage. Houston...can run and cover any receiver like a blanket but refuses to play the ball. Biermann...great motor but light in the *** without elite power.

b.) I really wanted Talib and Flacco vs Ryan and Baker in last year's draft. Not because the other two guys are better talents... but they are tougher, IMO, than what we have now. How many of our 1st and 2nd rounders are out there now? 2...White and Anderson? We cannot get by with 5-7 rounders or UFA's unless we have 1st and 2nd round talent around them. We need to avoid injury-prone guys like Jerry and Baker. They get hurt, the season is done. Just saying....

Really ??? Why does race have to be brought into this. I stopped reading after the first couple of sentences. There is no color in wins and loses. No one cares about color if we were 8-4 or better

Really ??? Why does race have to be brought into this. I stopped reading after the first couple of sentences. There is no color in wins and loses. No one cares about color if we were 8-4 or better

You missed my point....today was about youth and rebuilding too fast. NOT RACE...re-read it please!

wow, just wow. You sir, are a complete freakin idiot! I'd hate to see what the reality of your pathetic life really is! People like you are turning this message board into pure shi!!

wow, just wow. You sir, are a complete freakin idiot! I'd hate to see what the reality of your pathetic life really is! People like you are turning this message board into pure shi!!

Go to bed, Junior! And let the grown folks talk. If you read the post, you'd agree with me.

You missed my point....today was about youth and rebuilding too fast. NOT RACE...re-read it please!

Okay re-read it and gave you the beifit of the doubt.

I see some of your point but really I think TD tried to do that. Peterson was suppose to be that Guy that got in your face. It's turning out that he's not.

as for the Ryan-Flacco debate...I see them both as being good and that they have a chance to be great. We as a fan base have to remember that a QB can only put up the numbers if the playcalling, offensive line, and recievers are working well. We're a run first team with predictable playcalling that gives the QB 1.9 seconds to throw the ball. ( and those throws are either roll outs or play action half the time.) and Baker at the time was the best rookie OT left by the time we got him.

TD is doing the best he can. But he will not go against what his philosphy is. Build the team through the draft. One FA or trade for a good player every year

Okay re-read it and gave you the beifit of the doubt.

I see some of your point but really I think TD tried to do that. Peterson was suppose to be that Guy that got in your face. It's turning out that he's not.

as for the Ryan-Flacco debate...I see them both as being good and that they have a chance to be great. We as a fan base have to remember that a QB can only put up the numbers if the playcalling, offensive line, and recievers are working well. We're a run first team with predictable playcalling that gives the QB 1.9 seconds to throw the ball. ( and those throws are either roll outs or play action half the time.) and Baker at the time was the best rookie OT left by the time we got him.

TD is doing the best he can. But he will not go against what his philosphy is. Build the team through the draft. One FA or trade for a good player every year

lol @ the sig...I needed a laugh.

I believe we are headed to bigger better seasons just not this year. The Falcons time is coming like the Atlanta Braves they showed a few sputters of hope then took off and gave 14 great seasons. We have a good wont go as far to say great but a good QB he has just lost his confidence. Our defense just needs a real leader and better coaching we have the talent just gotta teach them to use it and find a few leaders to push them to use it.

I believe we are headed to bigger better seasons just not this year. The Falcons time is coming like the Atlanta Braves they showed a few sputters of hope then took off and gave 14 great seasons. We have a good wont go as far to say great but a good QB he has just lost his confidence. Our defense just needs a real leader and better coaching we have the talent just gotta teach them to use it and find a few leaders to push them to use it.

Not sure about this season but agree on the rest.