If you cheered for Vick you are not a Falcons fan

I could not believe how many Ookie fans showed up and bleated for their dog killing hero today. I was astounded that people who claim to be Falcons fans were literally cheering for the other team the entire game. Said fans left the game laughing and taunting real fans about how Vick "got his revenge" on the Falcons.

The terms of service keep me from using what language I feel is appropriate for this. It is one thing to give a cheer to a former player who plays for the other team. If Keith Brooking came to Atlanta with Dallas I would give him a polite clap for his years here. After that, I hope he plays like crap and the Falcons win.

What I saw today in the Dome was far from that. People were not just giving a nice cheer to Ookie for his days as a former Falcon. They were flat out cheering the entire game for the other team just because of Ookie. I don't know how anyone that did that can call themselves a Falcons fan after today. In my eyes and I'm sure many other REAL fans you just forever handed in your fan card.

Yeah It was very tough. I was in disbelief. Sad day in atlanta.

By all means go root for another team. Otherwise get the **** over it. Today was much bigger than football for Mike Vick. The dude cried on his way over to the dome. Why cant you let him have this? It's not his fault the Falcons played like garbage.

By all means go root for another team. Otherwise get the **** over it. Today was much bigger than football for Mike Vick. The dude cried on his way over to the dome. Why cant you let him have this? It's not his fault the Falcons played like garbage.

This has nothing to do with Michael Vick playing, this has to do with a lot of "our" fans supporting him today more then they supported their own team, and that's from the opening minutes.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

people like you make me want to, ******* joke you fake *** fans are. The problem I have is people cheering him wearing falcons gear, that is ****** up!

Why, does he deserve it? Also, the poster is not taking anything away from Ron Mexico, he's talking about the disgraceful nature in which classless fans like you were acting. A complete lack of integrity on the part of many fans, and it's even worse that you can't see that.

people like you make me want to, ******* joke you fake *** fans are. The problem I have is people cheering him wearing falcons gear, that is ****** up!

Because I like you has a poster, I will say that you should log off just to avoid getting banned. You are bashing people directly and that is not the poster I known you to be. If you do not like Vick, cool. If you do not feel that Vick should not have had the support he was shown at the Dome, fine. But do not maliciously attack others on this forum.

Repeat after me everyone: let it go.

Just let it go.

SERIOUSLY!

How many threads are people gonna make about this? So what if people don't share your hatred of the man...MOVE ON! Get over it...it's extremely juvenile to try and say someone is not a fan and make post after post about how you disapprove of the fact that they still root for the guy.

We got our *sses handed to us today...moan about that!

this. I'm embarrassed as a Falcons fan and an Atlanta sports fan. This city has one of the dumbest and worst fan bases in the US.

That night when Espn held that special open hall meeting about Vick several years ago. That really expose Atl so called sports fanbase to rest of America. I went around to gauge the reaction. The majority and by majority I mean 99.9% of the people that what you just said. I love Atlanta but dam I wish we were better at supporting our local teams especially when they are good.

SERIOUSLY!

How many threads are people gonna make about this? So what if people don't share your hatred of the man...MOVE ON! Get over it...it's extremely juvenile to try and say someone is not a fan and make post after post about how you disapprove of the fact that they still root for the guy.

Finally, somebody who realizes the real issue. I applaud you for saying that, because that is the only relevant issue that matters. Well put!

Edited by Electric Falcon

I could not believe how many Ookie fans showed up and bleated for their dog killing hero today. I was astounded that people who claim to be Falcons fans were literally cheering for the other team the entire game. Said fans left the game laughing and taunting real fans about how Vick "got his revenge" on the Falcons.

The terms of service keep me from using what language I feel is appropriate for this. It is one thing to give a cheer to a former player who plays for the other team. If Keith Brooking came to Atlanta with Dallas I would give him a polite clap for his years here. After that, I hope he plays like crap and the Falcons win.

What I saw today in the Dome was far from that. People were not just giving a nice cheer to Ookie for his days as a former Falcon. They were flat out cheering the entire game for the other team just because of Ookie. I don't know how anyone that did that can call themselves a Falcons fan after today. In my eyes and I'm sure many other REAL fans you just forever handed in your fan card.

I guess it depends where you were sitting. I heard a lot of boos when he came out on the field. The Eagles fans always represent well and are vocal throughout the game. Any idiot who wears a Falcons jersey and cheers when Vick scores is not a fan of the Falcons.

I guess it depends where you were sitting. I heard a lot of boos when he came out on the field. The Eagles fans always represent well and are vocal throughout the game. Any idiot who wears a Falcons jersey and cheers when Vick scores is not a fan of the Falcons.

I was sitting amidst a sea of fake Falcon fans wearing #7 jerseys of various colors including some weird Philly/Atlanta jerseys. Those people cheered openly for Philly and for Vick and were chanting "we want Vick". After the game they were openly taunting real Falcon fans about the game and how Vick "got his back" and other comments like that.

SERIOUSLY!

couldn't have said it better. that's about the first intelligent response i have seen made from the "pure football" crowd all day. all the rest have just spewed the same type of ignorant stuff they claim to hate.