DJ Shockley can help Mularkey and the offense

Bulldog1950

Look ever since the Vick fallout, the team has wanted to get away from the image of Vick. That has been a big problem for Shockley because he looks like and plays like Vick. Shockley is the second best qb and should be the back. Physically Shockley has the best arm and legs on the team. I truely believe if Shockley was white and fit the image of the stand in the pocket type he would be the backup.

Look ever since the Vick fallout, the team has wanted to get away from the image of Vick. That has been a big problem for Shockley because he looks like and plays like Vick. Shockley is the second best qb and should be the back. Physically Shockley has the best arm and legs on the team. I truely believe if Shockley was white and fit the image of the stand in the pocket type he would be the backup.

I went to UGA, and think Shockley was great for us and was extremely excited when he drafted him.

But he has been garbage in pre-season games every season, and hasnt established himself as an NFL caliber QB.

I never thought Douschey McGee from Bama would make the team over Shockley, but he showed his abilities better in his limited pre-season play...so he deserved the backup spot.

I went to UGA, and think Shockley was great for us and was extremely excited when he drafted him.

But he has been garbage in pre-season games every season, and hasnt established himself as an NFL caliber QB.

I never thought Douschey McGee from Bama would make the team over Shockley, but he showed his abilities better in his limited pre-season play...so he deserved the backup spot.

Shockley was setup to fail. Redman looked good in the final preseason game and he looked like he should be selling insurance against the eagles. Maybe he hasn't performed great in preseason with odd situations that you play during the preseason but physically he is the best qb/athelete with his strength and speed. He is a qb and does know how to play the position.

Edited by Smooches

redman is just over the hill we should put up atleast 21 points per game with matt we put up near 30. with redman we are only getting 14-17. just not good enough with the sub par defense we got. i'd put jpw out there before redman again. lets face it if matty can't play this week this season is over.

oh lord not this again.

LMAO.

I am all for shockley playing if he can help us at this time, but don't you think if there was an inkling that he would bring something positive on the field he would be out there at least on some kind of mobile wildcat type of play that would utilze his running ability. The sad part is he just can't get on the field. I would like to see him actually out there for a game during the regualar season just to see if he is worth keeping or not. BTW I am definitly not a DJ homer, i just think it would be interesting.

This board has really turned into one of the worst places on the internet.

I wish the Falcons would shut this terrible place down.

DJ is crap. We need an experienced veteran QB that has started in this league to back up Matt. DJ does not fit tht bill. He is not good for this offense, and we would stall as an offense EVEN WORSE than we did yesterday.