FSU starts starts their hiring.

unconquered.

The first of what will likely be several new hires on Florida State's coaching staff took place on Sunday. Warchant.com confirmed through sources inside University of Tennessee that running backs and special teams coach Eddie Gran has been hired to become a new assistant coach on Florida State's staff.

A lot of talk last night at the SEC Championship Game that Florida State made a run at Kirby Smart for DC but actually may settle for another of our Defensive assistants, Sal Sunseri. He coaches linebackers and came to us from the NFL this past season.

the rumor on warchant was they were going to offer 800k to kirby smart. I highly doubt that, but you never know. I don't see kirby leaving bama for anything but a hc gig.

the rumor on warchant was they were going to offer 800k to kirby smart. I highly doubt that, but you never know. I don't see kirby leaving bama for anything but a hc gig.

I guess that includes Georgia? That's too bad, I was really hoping we could add him to the staff, but there are plenty more solid options out there.. I somewhat doubt we get a big name though..

I agree. Smart is not due for a lateral movement in the SEC or over to the ACC. He's perfectly fine where he's at and should eventually come up for a head coaching job.

I've never believed for a minute he was bound for Athens and I thought the FSU rumor was just ridiculous. UGA and FSU both will be hiring someone other than Kirby Smart.