Matt Ryan Plans to be Back Sooner Than Doctors Think!

RI Falcon

Doctors have told Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan he's going to be out for a while after the injury he suffered in last week's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Ryan disagrees.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that doctors told Ryan he is expected to miss multiple games with his turf-toe injury. But, according to Schefter, Ryan himself is determined to return sooner than the doctors think.

Ryan has already been ruled out for today's game against the Eagles, in what will be the first missed start of his two-year career. But he expects to surprise people with how quickly he recovers.

------------------------------------------------

I think if we lose today.. our playoff hopes are definitely done, and he should take the time to fully heal, and be ready to run on all cylinders next season. However, if we win.. I may not be opposed to a quicker return by Ryan.

Doctors have told Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan he's going to be out for a while after the injury he suffered in last week's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Ryan disagrees.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that doctors told Ryan he is expected to miss multiple games with his turf-toe injury. But, according to Schefter, Ryan himself is determined to return sooner than the doctors think.

Ryan has already been ruled out for today's game against the Eagles, in what will be the first missed start of his two-year career. But he expects to surprise people with how quickly he recovers.

------------------------------------------------

I think if we lose today.. our playoff hopes are definitely done, and he should take the time to fully heal, and be ready to run on all cylinders next season. However, if we win.. I may not be opposed to a quicker return by Ryan.

"Ryan disagrees." LOL, there's the "My foot's broken? Well, I'm still playing" Matt I remember from BC. I just hope he's smart about this. From everything I've read, rushing back too soon with this injury can aggravate it and screw with entire careers. I agree with you that so much depends on whether today is a win or loss.

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

"Ryan disagrees." LOL, there's the "Oh my foot's broken? I'm still playing" Matt I remember from BC. I just hope he's smart about this. From everything I've read, rushing back too soon with this injury can aggravate it and screw with entire careers. I agree with you that so much depends on whether today is a win or loss.

I hope Redman pleasantly surprises me, but I got a back up plan. I'm going to not be surprised and lose it when we go 8-8 or worse. That's my plan. I'm going to try to stick to it.

I hope Redman pleasantly surprises me, but I got a back up plan. I'm going to not be surprised and lose it when we go 8-8 or worse. That's my plan. I'm going to try to stick to it.

i think even if ryan goes out all year, we can still finish 9-7. we WILL break this winning season curse..

we can win with chris...i still say he could start for alot of teams in this league...and by alot, i mean about half :D

i agree, the contract we gave him after the 2007 season was not a backup's contract. we paid him for him to be the starter the next two years (before we knew we were drafting ryan of course) and i think he can get the job done. he's not afraid to lay it all on the line and i could tell by the passes he threw against tampa. expect one DEEP ball to white at some point today. and it will be a completion too.

This is going to be a massacre why the **** do we have so many key injuries right now?

It's almost like they did it on purpose. Just look at the situation and the storylines involved with this game.

Let Mike Vick come back and steal the show, earn lots of kudos and then earn lots of money. The NFL loves a good story!

Makes you think, huh? <_<