Report: Ryan (toe) could miss rest of season

Fox Sports' John Czarnecki writes that Matt Ryan could miss the rest of the season due to ligament damage in his big toe.

The Falcons have Philadelphia in town on Sunday and a loss would drop them to two games back of the Eagles in the wild card chase. In Week 14 the Saints visit Atlanta with Ryan being a long shot to play in this one too. If Chris Redman can't pull out a victory in one of these games, the Falcons would fall to 6-7 and would have little reason to bring their franchise QB back from injury. Dec. 6 - 9:39 am et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=161949&id=4637

A small part of me thinks that he is preparing to make his return next week for the Saints game....

But the part of me that is a Falcons Fan that has suffered through years and years of futility and frustration in dealing with the horrid 'Falcons Curse' knows that Matt will not be back this year. :(

**** you, Falcons Curse!!! :angry:

Quick!!! Everyone burn your old Vick jerseys, maybe we can end this curse now!!! ;)

Sorry to hear that Boss. I admit I didn't want Ryan to become Peyton Manning overnight, but never meant it to turn out like this with the injury. Ryan does have the potential to be great cuz he's already that good. He can now put this dreaded sophomore season behind him. Look forward to the many battles to come between the teams.

Why does this organization continue to lie about injuries? They first report no ligament damage now its coming out he has.

Im afraid it has to do with the ugly side of sports. Money, and selling tickets.

If they had come right out and said Matt was done for the year, it would have cost the Falcons a hefty amount in sudden loss of interest in the season. With 3 home games remaining, that's a lot of money in ticket sales.

PLEASE READ THE SOURCES!

If you follow the trail of this rumor, all you get to is a simple preview where this NFL know-it-all says is "It doesn't look good for Atlanta's Matt Ryan, who could miss the rest of the season with a turf-toe injury."

This is purely speculation and opinion on his part with zero source. He is simply guessing on Ryan and has absolutely nothing to back it up. This is the same as some political commentator writing an opinion column on a piece of legislation.

If you agree with opinion, I favor other commentators who pointed out that the Falcons did not sign a backup (and don't say Shockley is a real backup) nor did they put Ryan on I/R to create a needed roster spot. If the Falcons really thought Ryan was completely out, they would have wasted no time doing this especially since they had already revealed on Monday he would be out for today's game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10480426/Countdown:-Previewing-Week-14-games

Edited by jlrfalcon

PLEASE READ THE SOURCES!

If you follow the trail of this rumor, all you get to is a simple preview where this NFL know-it-all says is "It doesn't look good for Atlanta's Matt Ryan, who could miss the rest of the season with a turf-toe injury."

This is purely speculation and opinion on his part with zero source. He is simply guessing on Ryan and has absolutely nothing to back it up. This is the same as some political commentator writing an opinion column on a piece of legislation.

If you agree with opinion, I favor other commentators who pointed out that the Falcons did not sign a backup (and don't say Shockley is a real backup) nor did they put Ryan on I/R. If the Falcons really thought Ryan was completely out, they would have wasted no time doing this especially since they had already revealed on Monday he would be out for today's game.

http://msn.foxsports...g-Week-14-games

Profootballtalk and Fox sports are pretty reliable sources if you ask me.

Like the poster pointed out above if the Falcons would have put Ryan on IR they can see a drop of ticket sales in a tough economic time . I just wish the Falcons are more staright foward with there fan base then they have been. If he has a GRADE 3 tear on his ligament he is going to need surgery Im not sure why they would pro long that.

Come on Falcons organazation SMARTEN THE **** UP ..

If i were the powers that be inside the falcon franchise i would intentionally leak false information. Lets say Matty's injury isnt season ending. At first you play it off as a minor injury. Then after some thought an idea hits you. Why not say his injury is a little more serious and that it is possible he may be out the rest of the season. Now the saints get wind of this and decide to concentrate more on Redman and then they can put Ryan on the possibilty he will have limited play. Come game day put Redman in for a couple drives and then put your rested and refreshed starter in the game. To me it sounds like a solid plan. Maybe it is a ploy by Smith to give them a slight edge over the Saints???

GO FALCONS!

Ryan needs to take some time off from commercials and magazine covers. This is a blessing in disguise, Redman is the better QB and will prove that over the next few games.

GOOD! He needs to sit, he has lost a lot of games for us and Redman is the better QB anyway

Sorry to hear that Boss. I admit I didn't want Ryan to become Peyton Manning overnight, but never meant it to turn out like this with the injury. Ryan does have the potential to be great cuz he's already that good. He can now put this dreaded sophomore season behind him. Look forward to the many battles to come between the teams.

Hmmm .... I vote for Opinion #3. It's laughable that division rival fans have a much clearer picture than the trash we have to deal with on these boards for most of the week.

Hmmm .... I vote for Opinion #3. It's laughable that division rival fans have a much clearer picture than the trash we have to deal with on these boards for most of the week.

i'd rather have saint anger post on this board before the vick nut huggers anyday. at least they're pulling for a team and not one man.

i'd rather have saint anger post on this board before the vick nut huggers anyday. at least they're pulling for a team and not one man.

No kidding their talking about football then a guy thats barely playing and playing BAD at that. I hope Matty is not out for the year. But it that happens, I would rather that for next year then him hurt.

We don't want to say the jinx or curse but Gawd Atlanta has some great luck. :(

Another reason why the Georgia Dome is ******* terribl and we need a new stadium

This surface has caused more injuries then I remember playing in Fulton County ..We will never have a top tier defense playing in a dome.

Big time the big green monster, I heard even Dan Reeves complaning about it, how he busted azz walking on it. I went there for some walk in event and almost fell, they need REAL GRASS. ;)

Matt Ryan could have won over all fans today if he went out there and played injured and won a important game for a playoff push....ehh I know Turf toe is a painful injury and it can effect his game but players play with far worse injuries and still compete. Just like I lost respect for Vick in 03' when he took his sweet time to get back and eventually didnt stick up for Reeves job I lost some respect here for Ryan. I know if he can go he probably would but I need to see that before I give him that . In first year he wasnt basically touched behind this oline and now come 2nd season he has a turf toe injury and is out for season when we truly need him

ehh

Saints fans are dealing with their own sobering reality of Reggie possibly not being here next season, so I know what it's like to not have a potentially great player live up to expectations....and it sux that much more when it's due mostly to injury and the massive amount of hype placed upon the player.