Herm Edwards

AF20

Do you guys think that he can be a viable defensive coordinator candidate, if we part ways with BVG? He's a passionate coach with great defensive mind. He's a no-nonsense, fiery kind of guy, which I feel can really light a fire under this defense and instill in them the confidence that they can be the great! Arthur blank please shell out some money and pry him away from ESPN, I'm sure he's yearning to come back, let's bring him home. After his average coaching career, I don't think he'll have many head coach opportunities especially with the likes of Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Marty Schottenheimer and Brian Billick floating around. So he'll have to start over as a defensive coordinator and work back up, which means he'll be hungry. Look at this clip. He makes me want to go out there and knock some heads off!

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?herm-edwards-saying-what-football-is-all-about-speech=&i=RzJESWRocWuRpTC1LNVk

Do you guys think that he can be a viable defensive coordinator candidate, if we part ways with BVG? He's a passionate coach with great defensive mind. He's a no-nonsense, fiery kind of guy, which I feel can really light a fire under this defense and instill in them the confidence that they can be the great! Arthur blank please shell out some money and pry him away from ESPN, I'm sure he's yearning to come back, let's bring him home. After his average coaching career, I don't think he'll have many head coach opportunities especially with the likes of Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Marty Schottenheimer and Brian Billick floating around. So he'll have to start over as a defensive coordinator and work back up, which means he'll be hungry. Look at this clip. He makes me want to go out there and knock some heads off!

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?herm-edwards-saying-what-football-is-all-about-speech=&i=RzJESWRocWuRpTC1LNVk

Herm did ok with the Jets and I think he's a viable NFL HC again. He really only had 1 bad year in NY & then he got the KC job which nobody could have won at.

I was listening to a show the other day, I think it was ESPN Radio, where a couple of analyst were discussing possible NFL HC openings. They think there could be 8 or more openings this year, and that the majority of those will probably hire retreads. I agree with that (maybe not the number of openings, but at least most being filled by former HS's rather than coordinators).

I don't think Dungy jumps back in to the HC arena. I kinda expect him to take a full-time gig with the NFL offices and become an executive, which would be a very good move for him IMO. The rest of the guys you mentioned though could all be back. Also, I think Mike Shannahan will be rehired this year by the Deadskins.

BVG is not going anywhere, therefore its a moot point to discuss Herm, Romeo, or anyone else for that matter as DC. Our defense is NOT talented right now. Its still a work in progress.

I already dread Black Monday because these boards will be blowing up asking if we should bring in X coach that just got fired to be our offensive or defensive coordinator....which are still employed by us.

If the Birds dont have at least a .500 season and give up more points than they put up, then you will see BVG on the block. Smith can't afford to have a Mora kind of career in the ATL. Not that he and Mora are even remotely the same person. But, if it looks like the D can't improve over 16 games regardless of who they put on the field, then BVG is a goner IMO. In Smith's own words, the process will have failed, miserably. The Defense NEEDS to shine against the Iggles today in order to save BVG's long term employment with Atlanta.