Got tickets to the game Sun- major dilemma

I own two falcons jerseys: 1 ryan and 1 vick jersey.

First, I want to state that I am going to the game because of my brother who is an iggles fan-not because it is like vick's homecoming or whatever people are tryin to make it out to be.

I would normally wear ryan...but he is hurt and I feel like you cant wear an injured player to a game. So my question is: do I wear vick?

I liked vick when he played for us but I could care less what he does now. I am not a vick lover by any means but he was the most electric player to ever put on a falcons uniform. I will not cheer him on the field or off. He is an iggle to me. I hate iggles.

I dont want to get painted as a vick-lover and get riddicule by the vick haters but i kinda wanna sport the jersey.

What should I do?

Sport the vick or the hurt matt ryan?

(other optons include wearing a generic falcons tshirt but i dont really wanna do that)

Thanks and GO FALCONS!

--For the record, I am calling a falcons win. Falcons are down late in the fourth and McChoke 5 throws a pick 6 to decoud for the win.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wear whichever jersey you wish. As long as it is a Falcons jersey, it doesn't matter.

You shouldn't care what other people think about it. If you are there in a Falcons jersey, rooting for the Falcons - then it doesn't matter what number is on the jersey.

At least, it shouldn't.

Wear whichever jersey you wish. As long as it is a Falcons jersey, it doesn't matter.

You shouldn't care what other people think about it. If you are there in a Falcons jersey, rooting for the Falcons - then it doesn't matter what number is on the jersey.

At least, it shouldn't.

dude if you want to wear the vick, wear it man, who gives a F... its a free mutha fn country... im tired of people bashing people for their opinions/rights.

LOL can't wear the jersey of an injured player. Good one.

I was serious. I always felt there was a kinda of bandwagon-ish or uninformed fan stigma attached to people who wear injured players in a game where you know they are out. Well at least that is how I view them.

maybe i am wrong? Is that not the case for most fans.

If so, I will most def wear the ryan.

I was serious. I always felt there was a kinda of bandwagon-ish or uninformed fan stigma attached to people who wear injured players in a game where you know they are out. Well at least that is how I view them.

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard, if I am being honest.

Wear whichever one you want. If you wear the Ryan, you will be with 20,000 wearing Ryan. If you wear the Vick, you might also be with 20,000 others. It really doesn't matter.

It's not like 20,000 Falcon "fans" showing up in Vick jerseys is going to be a relevation to anyone, everybody knows the Falcons have the weakest fans in the league.

so you will wear a jersey of guy who hasnt been in our team for a few years and is playing for the other team this week, dont get me wrong i agree wit Tandy it doesnt matter what jersey aslong as you cheer.

so you will wear a jersey of guy who hasnt been in our team for a few years and is playing for the other team this week, dont get me wrong i agree wit Tandy it doesnt matter what jersey aslong as you cheer.

yeah, i see what you are saying but i view vick more of like a maddox, smoltz, or glavine (if compared with the bravos). When they come back for braves games I wear their jerseys.

Obviously vick wasnt as great as those 3 but he was still a big part of our franchise.

I agree with you tho, i guess either way i do get kinda painted as a bandwager haha...maybe i should just sell em both like he said and get a lofton. That dude is a monster. But that isnt an option for tmmrw.

Oh well...like yall said, and i agree, it doesnt really matter. I was just trying to get a consensus of what falcons fans think so i could know what to expect.

Regardless of what i wear...I will be loud and telling the fans from philly to go phuck themselves. We gots to defend the dome baby.

yeah, i see what you are saying but i view vick more of like a maddox, smoltz, or glavine (if compared with the bravos). When they come back for braves games I wear their jerseys.

Obviously vick wasnt as great as those 3 but he was still a big part of our franchise.

I agree with you tho, i guess either way i do get kinda painted as a bandwager haha...maybe i should just sell em both like he said and get a lofton. That dude is a monster. But that isnt an option for tmmrw.

Oh well...like yall said, and i agree, it doesnt really matter. I was just trying to get a consensus of what falcons fans think so i could know what to expect.

Regardless of what i wear...I will be loud and telling the fans from philly to go phuck themselves. We gots to defend the dome baby.

OMG you did not just compare MV to Glavine, Maddux, and Smoltz. C'mon dude.

Edited by Peyton

OMG you did not just compare MV to Glavine, Maddux, and Smoltz. C'mon dude.

I qualified the statement by saying he wasnt as great as them. Come on dude...Reading comprehension.

Alright, so compare him to julio franco. Franco was the man when he played for the braves. If i had a Franco jersey, id wear it if he managed to come out of retirement and played against us.

Its not that I am a bandwagon fan at all. Franco was a fan favorite (well at least to me) and wearing his jersey is appreciating his time here.

So, the point was not that vick was as great as the Big 3, it was that he is an important figure in our franchise so wearing his jersey imho would not be seen as bandwagonish. See the difference?

I qualified the statement by saying he wasnt as great as them. Come on dude...Reading comprehension.

See the difference?

Dude, do whatever you feel like doing. For me, Michael Vick is person of poor character. I really don't care that he can run fast and throw a ball far. I wouldn't spend effort booing him, but honoring him in any way is the last thing I'd do.

I have a Vick jersey, I was once a big fan. I wear it sometimes when I am doing housework and I am worried about ruining my clothes.

Dude, do whatever you feel like doing. For me, Michael Vick is person of poor character. I really don't care that he can run fast and throw a ball far. I wouldn't spend effort booing him, but honoring him in any way is the last thing I'd do.

I have a Vick jersey, I was once a big fan. I wear it sometimes when I am doing housework and I am worried about ruining my clothes.

See...this is what i dont like about that arguement. Obviously vick has poor character. I dont think anyone can disagree with that. I would argue that MOST athletes in general have poor character. Just because vicks was public doesnt mean anything...

Rooting for players in sports is about what they do on the field. Off the field is irrelevent.

Do you have a Brett Romberg jersey? He blows but i bet his has great character.

The truth is we honestly CANNOT judge the character of athletes because we dont know them.

So for me it is strictly about on the field. If i want to root for guys with good character i will go watch church softball...

With that said, personally, vick is probabaly a worthless sob-but so are half the guys we root for.

See...this is what i dont like about that arguement. Obviously vick has poor character. I dont think anyone can disagree with that. I would argue that MOST athletes in general have poor character. Just because vicks was public doesnt mean anything...

Rooting for players in sports is about what they do on the field. Off the field is irrelevent.

Do you have a Brett Romberg jersey? He blows but i bet his has great character.

The truth is we honestly CANNOT judge the character of athletes because we dont know them.

So for me it is strictly about on the field. If i want to root for guys with good character i will go watch church softball...

With that said, personally, vick is probabaly a worthless sob-but so are half the guys we root for.

Here is where I disagree with you. Obviously, we can't know the character of the players for sure. But, once they have proven to me that they have very poor character, I am done with them.

And I am certainly done with them if their poor character devastates the team that I root for.

Edited by Peyton

Here is where I disagree with you. Obviously, we can't know the character of the players for sure. But, once they have proven to me that they have very poor character, I am done with them.

And I am certainly done with them if their poor character devastates the team that I root for.

I agree with the last statement. For example, TO in philly...but i dont equate vick to TO. Or even hall for us (his stupid as penalty on the field).

I guess i see were you are coming from though.

Here is what you fail to remember...HE devastated the team HE essentially built. Like i said, he is prob a ****, but on the field he was the man. Period. And that is what i am honoring.

Also, i doubt you are consistent with your first statement...but that is a whole different issue.

I agree with the last statement. For example, TO in philly...but i dont equate vick to TO. Or even hall for us (his stupid as penalty on the field).

I guess i see were you are coming from though.

Here is what you fail to remember...HE devastated the team HE essentially built. Like i said, he is prob a ****, but on the field he was the man. Period. And that is what i am honoring.

Also, i doubt you are consistent with your first statement...but that is a whole different issue.

Dude, was exciting to watch, but the end result on the offense wasn't great by any means. In his last season, the Falcons didn't even manage 300 points. The Falcons have already scored more TDs this season than they did in Vick's entire last season. We didn't lose Joe Montana or Steve Young.

Dude, was exciting to watch, but the end result on the offense wasn't great by any means. In his last season, the Falcons didn't even manage 300 points. The Falcons have already scored more TDs this season than they did in Vick's entire last season. We didn't lose Joe Montana or Steve Young.

haha i am not going to try to debated how "great" vick was.

Point is he was a winner and was clutch. Our offense with ryan is obviously better but you are undervaluing what vick did.

Denying vick's impact on this team and trying to limit him as strickly exciting is humorous.

I love ryan and think he is ten times better than vick but even he has not beat bret favre in lambo in the playoffs or taken us to the nfc championship.

Like I said vick was the man.

haha i am not going to try to debated how "great" vick was.

Point is he was a winner and was clutch. Our offense with ryan is obviously better but you are undervaluing what vick did.

Denying vick's impact on this team and trying to limit him as strickly exciting is humorous.

I love ryan and think he is ten times better than vick but even he has not beat bret favre in lambo in the playoffs or taken us to the nfc championship.

Like I said vick was the man.

Well if he as so clutch I wish he would have made a play when we lost to the Cleveland Browns at home. Or when we lost to the Panthers 10-3. C'mon dude. Vick's last season with Atlanta, the Falcons had one of the worst scoring offenses in the league. That's not clutch.