Fired UGA coaches will not coach in bowl game

Cable Guy

The three Georgia assistant football coaches who were let go by head coach Mark Richt earlier this week have decided not to coach in the Bulldogs' bowl game, according to a statement released by the university.

The Bulldogs's likely bowl destinations are the Chick-fil-A Bowl in Atlanta and the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La.

Defensive coordinator Willie Martinez, defensive ends coach Jon Fabris, and defensive co-coordinator coach John Jancek were offered the opportunity to coach through the bowl game, but have declined, according to Richt.

Richt said in a statement that he will work along with defensive line coach Rodney Garner, and graduate assistants Todd Hartley and Mitch Doolittle in preparing the defense for the bowl game.

Wow... well that's kinda giving the team a middle finger isn't it? I guess it's well within their rights though, they have already been fired.

I think we'll be fine.

well cmr wanted to be nice, but frankly he shouldn't have. he wanted to give them a chance coach one more game and be there for their players they have coached for years.

I thought it was kind of stupid to ask them to coach the bowl game after they got fired anyway.

We'll it kind of is in bad form, we just fired you, can you work and coach us again even though we just fired you. :P Thats like you getting fired and your boss asking you to stay late and work on a busy night. They shoud have waited till after the bowl game to fire him, I've heard good things about Gartner though. ;)