MICHAEL VICK... Time to say goodbye?

Rjd13

There are 5 stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance/hope. Having been a long time reader of these boards it has become glaringly clear that some fans are further along these stages than others when it comes to the loss of Michael Vick.

I was a HUGE Vick fan. I remember having the same conversations about him that Titans fans are now having in regards to Vince Young. I would defend him to the bitter death! When Vicks transgressions finally caught up with him I went through these stages of grief. Dramatic as it may sound we as sports fans invest so much of our emotions into supporting our team and it's players. I personally reached the acceptance/hope stage when Ryan won the starting job during last pre-season. Michael Vick put the Falcons on the Map... Matt Ryan will steer us to a superbowl win.

Sundays game will give some fans a chance to say goodbye to Vick. Here's a video I made during my depression stage lol. Watch, rate and comment please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ou6vj3aVXo

Edited by Rjd13

I honestly hope certain ones can have closure. Both for themselves, our team, and message board.

I liked that "Time To Say Good Bye " music a lot.

lol... there is alot of misplaced anger flying around... mainly directed at Matt Ryan.

i agree many just can not or will not let Vick go. He obviously meant more to this team & city than many are willing to admit. I guess it's like being done wrong by an ex-girlfriend. even if you move on & find a better woman, just seeing her again brings back memories,some good,some bad,especially if she's with a new man. Now i don't wish the man ill will or the same fate he delivered to "Lassie" but i want the Falcons to give him & his "new man/team" a beatdown that makes him never want to set foot in the Ga Dome ever again

There are 5 stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance/hope. Having been a long time reader of these boards it has become glaringly clear that some fans are further along these stages than others when it comes to the loss of Michael Vick.

I was a HUGE Vick fan. I remember having the same conversations about him that Titans fans are now having in regards to Vince Young. I would defend him to the bitter death! When Vicks transgressions finally caught up with him I went through these stages of grief. Dramatic as it may sound we as sports fans invest so much of our emotions into supporting our team and it's players. I personally reached the acceptance/hope stage when Ryan won the starting job during last pre-season. Michael Vick put the Falcons on the Map... Matt Ryan will steer us to a superbowl win.

Sundays game will give some fans a chance to say goodbye to Vick. Here's a video I made during my depression stage lol. Watch, rate and comment please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ou6vj3aVXo

The name will never die on this board its to many bitter fans on this site. The guys who clam to hate Vick bring the name up more often then supporters. Anytime a comment is made about Ryan short of he's the best quarterback in the NFL the name Vick lover is dropped.

Then the fake Vick trolls come out (Posters who really hate Vick but pretend to be a supporter) just to get people's panties in a bunch.

Didn't like Vick when he played with you guys, but when the railroading started as a Black man I felt his pain....They love you when times are good. But if there is a bump in the road all **** is going to break out...JMO

Right, because that is a black thing... (WRONG!)

It can't be because we as a people put athletes on pedestals and have been doing so since:

The Ancient Mayans kicked human heads through hoops and the winning teams were celebrated with gifts, women, and festivals. Losers were murdered.

The Ancient Greeks wrestled other countries/had foot races that started the Olympics and the winners were heralded by their towns. Losers were exiled from their villages/towns.

Over 3,000 BC when the Egyptians put hieroglyphics on walls to illustrate the strong and mighty boxer engaging in sports, they also showed beheading/murder the loser.

Those guys played for glory and if they lost, they paid with their lives. Today's athlete has an unimaginable cushion of forgiveness, and get PAID PAID PAID whether they win or not.

Vick was in the media circus for his talent, his contract, and his performance. He f'd up and lied to everyone, and what was his penance? Head on a stake? No. Never allowed to play the game again? No. Serve full suspension? No. Remain bankrupt? No.

He missed a few games of football. That is what he owed to the game. The legal ramifications are outside of the game.

Vick is a millionaire again and playing on a PROFESSIONAL football team. You don't know his pain, success, or anything. You have nothing more in common with him than I do.

He's black. You're black. The end. That's like me saying "I felt Roger Goodell's pain because he had to suspend Vick" because I'm white and I had to do that a few times.

I don't need closure, the Michael Vick era ended for me when he was no longer a FALCON.

Maybe I should have said "ERROR" instead.

Right. The time to say goodbye should have been 2 1/2 years ago.

Anyone still clinging to some kind of teary-eyed lack of acceptance to Vicks departure needs to grow up and move on. He's nothing but a man, and not some kind of messianic figure.

Right. The time to say goodbye should have been 2 1/2 years ago.

Anyone still clinging to some kind of teary-eyed lack of acceptance to Vicks departure needs to grow up and move on. He's nothing but a man, and not some kind of messianic figure.

In an ideal world, yes you're right... But judging by all the vick lovers and haters in equal measure they have

clearly not moved on... Thus the 'time to say goodbye'... and move on!!!

Edited by Rjd13