Desean Jackson OUT

sporkdevil

@caplannfl

"for #eagles, out-curtis, jackson, jordan, westbrook."

I asked him if it meant practice, or the game, but roto picked it up:

"DeSean Jackson-WR- Eagles Dec. 4 - 1:17 pm et

DeSean Jackson (concussion) has been formally ruled out for Week 13.

Jackson didn't practice at all this week and will target Week 14 to return. It's worth noting that Jason Avant (not Reggie Brown) is listed directly behind D-Jax on the Eagles' depth chart at flanker. If Avant starts, he will be an every-down receiver, kicking into the slot in three-wideout sets. Jeremy Maclin is likely to see most of the deep ball targets Jackson would normally get."

This is great news. Jackson is a homerun threat, and our secondary is hot garbage. Might really balance out the game considering the injuries on our side.

DeSean Jackson out for Sunday

Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2009 1:41 PM ET

Earlier this week, Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson expressed doubt regarding his ability to play on Sunday against the Falcons.

And it's now official: He won't be.

Glad it's official! No need to rush a guy with a concussion back in, especially after what happened to Westbrook.

Avant and Maclin will be the main WRs...I predict a big game from Avant...

We'll probably even see Reggie Brown a little...

The theory is Brown and Maclin with Avant in the slot. Avant had such a nice game after Jackson went down, I picked him up in FF.

But Jackson is a heck of a threat. Some games he has been half your friggin offense. Very glad they aren't rushing him back into action.

The theory is Brown and Maclin with Avant in the slot. Avant had such a nice game after Jackson went down, I picked him up in FF.

But Jackson is a heck of a threat. Some games he has been half your friggin offense. Very glad they aren't rushing him back into action.

Me too - to replace Jackson.

He's our 2nd best WR...whether it's the slot or not. Maclin will become that in the future, but Avant is very underrated...