Michael Vick On The Cover Of The New ESPN Magazine

I'm still not ready to buy in to his "I learned form my mistakes and I've matured" rhetoric. Reading that article, he still boasts about himself which indicates little humility. His actions and behavior are classic borderline personality disorder and or a sociopath. He says what others want or need to hear to get his way. I may be wrong, but up until now, I still sense deception. I hope I am wrong.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not ready to buy in to his "I learned form my mistakes and I've matured" rhetoric. Reading that article, he still boasts about himself which indicates little humility. His actions and behavior are classic borderline personality disorder and or a sociopath. He says what others want or need to hear to get his way. I may be wrong, but up until now, I still sense deception. I hope I am wrong.

Yeah the comment about having his accuracy after prison made me read it twice. :lol:

I'm with you, Shiney. Until Vick stops referring to what he did as a "mistake," I can't fully accept that he is truly remorseful for his intentional acts and active (bad) decision-making.

WHAT...Are you SERIOUS??? :huh:

If HE doesn't believe in and have confidence within HIMSELF, then who else will??? I think it's ABSURD to think just because the guy has confidence in his "football abilities" that he SOMEHOW "lacks humility"!?? WTH??? :lol:

Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised at some of the responses I read regarding Vick anymore. The guy can't win even after losing SO much with some of you! <_<

I'm with you, Shiney. Until Vick stops referring to what he did as a "mistake," I can't fully accept that he is truly remorseful for his intentional acts and active (bad) decision-making.

You're HILARIOUS!! :lol:

Well, since you are so "perfect", how would YOU prefer he discuss/address the matter???

Vick has ADMITTED HE WAS WRONG SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY and that's STILL not enough for some of you! I TRULY wonder why....Hhhmmmmmmmmmm??? <_<

Edited by BirdzEyeView

Just curious. What should he refer to it as? A felony?

Instead of, 'I made a mistake...,' (which infers that all those years was just one big "Oops!"), how about 'I made bad decisions...,' or 'I made the choice to act...,' or 'I actively concealed what I was doing because I knew it was wrong.'

Instead of, 'I made a mistake...,' (which infers that all those years was just one big "Oops!"), how about 'I made bad decisions...,' or 'I made the choice to act...,' or 'I actively concealed what I was doing because I knew it was wrong.'

I've heard him use these terms several times..

You seem to be knit picking..

http://showhype.com/video/michael_vick_i_made_bad_decisions_1/

Edited by sourdiesal

lol...i think you're reading too deep into it. do i really think Vick has changed? no...i'm not one in believing in the judicial and criminal system truly reorganizing people's lives more than it contributes to the destruction of it. but it's not because Vick says he made a mistake rather than a bad decision. a bad decision is a mistake. i touched the hot stove. bad decision, my mistake. i ran a red light and got a ticket. bad decision, my mistake. i broke my leg walking down some stairs blind-folded. bad decision, my mistake. it's like direct correlation guy...

lol...i think you're reading too deep into it. do i really think Vick has changed? no...i'm not one in believing in the judicial and criminal system truly reorganizing people's lives more than it contributes to the destruction of it. but it's not because Vick says he made a mistake rather than a bad decision. a bad decision is a mistake. i touched the hot stove. bad decision, my mistake. i ran a red light and got a ticket. bad decision, my mistake. i broke my leg walking down some stairs blind-folded. bad decision, my mistake. it's like direct correlation guy...

In the instances you refer to, I don't have a problem with the idea of a mistake. However, the instances you cite are a far cry from what Vick did and, when he uses the term "mistake," it strikes me as being an effort to minimalize.

ON EDIT: Unless, like Shiney, that beer went down real good and touching the hot stove seemed like a good idea at the time! :lol:

In the instances you refer to, I don't have a problem with the idea of a mistake. However, the instances you cite are a far cry from what Vick did and, when he uses the term "mistake," it strikes me as being an effort to minimalize.

ON EDIT: Unless, like Shiney, that beer went down real good and touching the hot stove seemed like a good idea at the time! :lol:

so you have no problem with someone running a red light, although they are in the process of putting HUMAN lives in danger, not an animal's, while they break the LAW, and saying they made a mistake? see how fuzzy that line can get, almost like it isn't there

so you have no problem with someone running a red light, although they are in the process of putting HUMAN lives in danger, not an animal's, while they break the LAW, and saying they made a mistake? see how fuzzy that line can get, almost like it isn't there

For me, the issue is intent. If you run a red light intentionally, that is one thing. If you run a red light because of sun glare and you couldn't see it (that really does happen in Oregon once in awhile!), that is something else. The former I find objectionable and not anything close to a mistake...the other wasn't done intentionally. In both instances, the red light was run...but in once instance the light was run as a result of hubris, ego, a sense that rules don't apply, whatever else might be going through someone's mind under that circumstance - and is certainly not a mistake, but an intentional act.

For me, the issue is intent. If you run a red light intentionally, that is one thing. If you run a red light because of sun glare and you couldn't see it (that really does happen in Oregon once in awhile!), that is something else. The former I find objectionable and not anything close to a mistake...the other wasn't done intentionally. In both instances, the red light was run...but in once instance the light was run as a result of hubris, ego, a sense that rules don't apply, whatever else might be going through someone's mind under that circumstance - and is certainly not a mistake, but an intentional act.

finally, a vick conversation that doesn't turn into racism or politics ^_^ red lights are just as big an issue

good points though, i don't have anything :ph34r:

No..

/me thinks Mike doesn't really know what the wildcat is..

The majority of his long runs were on busted plays.. He's actually not very good at all on designed runs..

He also didn't have the protection that you have in the wildcat. Actually, what he did was better. You know what's going to happen in the wildcat. That's why I hate the formation. When Vick drops back, and you blitz, you best make a sack. Otherwise, you will give up a big play.

designed runs mean the offensive line has to actually block, therefore meaning those runs that you say he werent good at was not 100% his fault. and no, those long runs were not on busted plays. either the lineman didnt block and the protection broke down, or no one was open and he got into his run first mentality mind. dont sit there and act like vick is to blame for every thing because as we can see when vick left, everything that vick covered up from him running came out of the woodworks.

Ha... you said it was not a busted play and then described a busted play. Brilliant!

I agree with this completely. Something still just does not seem right....

And the thing about still being accurate cracked me up!

I agree with this completely. Something still just does not seem right....

And the thing about still being accurate cracked me up!

I think the "Vick is just saying what people want to hear" bit is off.

Maybe the guy worked on the act while he was in prison but I remember it being pretty obvious when he was being insincere in press conferences and the like and it was to a point where it was laughably obvious that he didn't really believe what was coming out of his mouth...or at least didn't take it seriously.

I don't really get that feeling anymore.

If anything will teach someone a lesson it's losing everything, including your freedom.

I think the fundamental flaw in some people's reasoning on the board is that when they hear or see the word mistake, they assume, and rightfully so, that the action committed was an unintentional act that was not deliberate. On the contrary, a mistake can be a deliberate act or an intentional act caused by lack of judgment, carelessness and so forth. When Vick says 'I made a mistake', he doesn't necessarily means I made an unintentional act and was caught doing so; which in our society we usually associate the word mistake with non deliberate actions, however the word mistake actually can mean both.