Bulldog Montez Robinson arrested for second time in a week

Statick

Bulldog Montez Robinson arrested for second time in a week

By Mike Morris

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

UGA freshman defensive end Montez Robinson, who was arrested early Monday on alcohol charges, was arrested again on Thursday, apparently in connection with an alleged fight with with another student in October.

Robinson is being held without bond at the Athens-Clarke Count Jail, charged with misdemeanor simple battery and felony criminal damage/2nd degree, according to online jail records.

Robinson was arrested for underage possession of alcohol early Monday after police responded to a call about glass breaking in the East Village parking deck. The taillights of student Armita Didehvar's car were smashed.

The Red and Black newspaper reported that the most recent arrest was in connection to that incident and an earlier incident on Oct. 20.

The newspaper, citing a University Police report, reported that Robinson was involved in a fight with Didehvar, and witnesses told police that he threw her up against a trash can.

Didehvar told the Red and Black on Thursday that those accounts of the incident were not true and that she and Robinson "just had an argument."

She also told the newspaper that in last weekend's incident, Robinson broke her car's taillights when she didn't respond to multiple calls and text messages.

The newspaper reported that University Police Chief Jimmy Williamson said that investigators were unable to arrest Robinson following the October incident because Didehvar refused to press charges and the case didn't meet the criteria to be pursued under family violence laws.

"Since that time, while investigating the damage to the car, they were able to establish all the parameters for family violence," Williamson told the Red and Black.

Robinson, who was named the SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week after the Tennessee Tech game, is the fourth Georgia player arrested in the past two months.

The others -- backup offensive lineman Jonathan Owens, offensive tackle Vince Vance and reserve cornerback Vance Cuff -- were arrested for traffic-related offenses.

This kid is NOT going to make it as a Dawg.

Agree. If this sticks, he's done. Even if it doesn't, he may be gone.

However, unlike what the article title suggests though, he didn't go out and do something stupid again after being arrested the 1st time. This arrest was from something that happened a few months earlier that the police were finally able to tie it all together. Not that it makes anything better, but it's yet another example of yellow journalism by the AJC, and that's rather annoying.

However, unlike what the article title suggests though, he didn't go out and do something stupid again after being arrested the 1st time. This arrest was from something that happened a few months earlier that the police were finally able to tie it all together. Not that it makes anything better, but it's yet another example of yellow journalism by the AJC, and that's rather annoying.

Colleges are not playing around with domestic violence allegations these days, as I think they should. Anyone who works on a college campus can tell you that they are taking these things more and more seriously, no matter what the alleged victim wants. This kind of thing is really, really troubling.

very true.. it's one incident and they just gave him a 2nd charge..

When I first read this thread I was mostly indifferent to this situation. But when I opened your link I suddenly remembered reading about this kid last year and the difficulties he's been through. I was (and still am, I guess) pulling hard for him to make it bigtime over in Athens. Such a terrible childhood that I just felt compelled to wish the best for him. Now it's not looking so good. I hope this doesn't cause him to spiral downward and give up on life.

SMH... bad childhood or not, it's unacceptable behavior.

I wish the kid a good life and for him to overcome the difficulties life has put in his way. But acting like this cannot be accepted. These kids KNOW they can't do stuff like this when they are on freakin scholarship to play football.

Sometimes kids have to waste away what they've worked hard to earn to learn the importance of self-accountability. It's a tough story to swallow sometimes, but some folks never learn any way besides hitting rock bottom.