Going out on a slight limb...

McMVP

I think between McCoy, Weaver, Buckley, and Vick you will see close to 30 rushing attempts from the Eagles this week. Add in a possible scramble or two from McNabb.

McCoy is averaging 4.3 per carry

Weaver is averaging 5.8 per carry

Buckley is used as a short yardage back

They are starting to figure out just how effective Weaver can be as a ball carrier (Eagle fans already knew this, but Reid is slow to pick up on anything that has to do with the running game). Weaver had just 4 carries over the first 6 weeks of the season....he has 27 carries over the last 5 games. He's 250 pounds...and has excellent speed for his size...

I think you will also see us running more to the left side of our offensive line than we have so far. Jason Peters (LT) is an absolute beast in the running game...and Todd Herremans (LG) is finally finding his legs after missing most of the year with a foot injury. They are our two best run blockers - add Weaver to the mix and running left would created a very difficult match-up for defenses.

The Falcons rank 23rd vs the run...allowing 4.3 per carry and 10 TDs. I'm not saying the Eagles are going to be a run-first team this Sunday....that will never happen under Reid. But I do think the Falcons will see more rushing attempts than what can be considered normal from the Eagles.

Better that yall run than pass. I have very little confidence in our passing defense right now. But who knows, maybe this will be Abe's break out game. :unsure:

Oh we'll still pass more than we'll run - evn without DeSean (I doubt he plays).

McNabb has been very effective with play-action recently - and it's because we've actually ran enough the last couple games to sell it better.

The Eagles can run the ball. They rank 27th in attempts, but 7th in yard per carry....

I think with DeSean out, and Celek with an injued hand (but playing) - Reid will try to get the play-action game going.

But yeah, he'll still go downfield a few times to Maclin...and I think Avant will have another big game..

Reid and McNabb have to be licking thier chops looking at our pass defense this year. Run on us?? No way. Reid has never trusted his running game when Westbrook is on the sidelines. It doesnt matter if it's only 3rd string receivers out there they are going to test our secondary...bank on it.

59 of the Eagles 263 rush attempts this year were over the last two games...without Westbrook

Saying Reid will run more than most think is not saying he won't test your secondary....

hopefully that wont be enough for you to get out of the dome with a win,we play tough at home & the 12th man will be in full force

I know....the Falcons are one of just 5 teams that are undefeated at home...

But without Ryan and Turner this time...

I think between McCoy, Weaver, Buckley, and Vick you will see close to 30 rushing attempts from the Eagles this week. Add in a possible scramble or two from McNabb.

Sorry,I just don't see it. If I was a eagles fan, I'd hope that Reid would run the ball like that, but he just won't. It just ain't in him.

They are starting to figure out just how effective Weaver can be as a ball carrier (Eagle fans already knew this, but Reid is slow to pick up on anything that has to do with the running game). Weaver had just 4 carries over the first 6 weeks of the season....he has 27 carries over the last 5 games. He's 250 pounds...and has excellent speed for his size...

I think you will also see us running more to the left side of our offensive line than we have so far. Jason Peters (LT) is an absolute beast in the running game...and Todd Herremans (LG) is finally finding his legs after missing most of the year with a foot injury. They are our two best run blockers - add Weaver to the mix and running left would created a very difficult match-up for defenses.

The Falcons rank 23rd vs the run...allowing 4.3 per carry and 10 TDs. I'm not saying the Eagles are going to be a run-first team this Sunday....that will never happen under Reid. But I do think the Falcons will see more rushing attempts than what can be considered normal from the Eagles.

Was wondering when you'd show up again McMVP good to hear from you. Like always if the Eagles could find that balance they would be a better team. Like somebody else said against the Falcons I hope so,Eagles could light the Birds secondary up as they continue to huge plays especially on 3rd and long.With the Falcons injuries it will take an A game from the Falcons defense regardless. I really think this game is the Falcons season

Sorry,I just don't see it. If I was a eagles fan, I'd hope that Reid would run the ball like that, but he just won't. It just ain't in him.

Again - 59 rushes in the last two games...

I think it was a big reason why we won those close games. Those were the exact kind of games we'd lose in the past when throwing the ball 45+ times while rushing just 12...it's hard to mount a comeback when you've been in pass-happy mode all game...the D is already adjusted to it....

another key to this game is our "backup"qb...it seems that the eagles think they will just blitz 30 times & win the game...let you in on a little secret, he would be our starter if ryan wasnt making all that money and was who we are counting on being here a long time.not saying hes better, but he could be a starter on about 10-15 other teams

Why would they worry about rushing the ball when you can pass on us all day?????

I really dont think we are that bad against the run... Please run it is what I say...I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see a QB drop back these days.... after they adjust their pads, tie their shoes, and wave to some fans they know I always feel like they have an automatic completion..

i do see us being a bit better against the pass this week though...

I think between McCoy, Weaver, Buckley, and Vick you will see close to 30 rushing attempts from the Eagles this week. Add in a possible scramble or two from McNabb.McCoy is averaging 4.3 per carryWeaver is averaging 5.8 per carryBuckley is used as a short yardage back They are starting to figure out just how effective Weaver can be as a ball carrier (Eagle fans already knew this, but Reid is slow to pick up on anything that has to do with the running game). Weaver had just 4 carries over the first 6 weeks of the season....he has 27 carries over the last 5 games. He's 250 pounds...and has excellent speed for his size...I think you will also see us running more to the left side of our offensive line than we have so far. Jason Peters (LT) is an absolute beast in the running game...and Todd Herremans (LG) is finally finding his legs after missing most of the year with a foot injury. They are our two best run blockers - add Weaver to the mix and running left would created a very difficult match-up for defenses.The Falcons rank 23rd vs the run...allowing 4.3 per carry and 10 TDs. I'm not saying the Eagles are going to be a run-first team this Sunday....that will never happen under Reid. But I do think the Falcons will see more rushing attempts than what can be considered normal from the Eagles.

The funniest thing about this post is all that sht you gave us about Vick for six years bro. Now you are listing him as a PHI threat. I'm really just laughin my as off at that one.

By the way we held three of our last four opponents' RBs to 90, 88 and 59 yards. Run the ball. That is all of a sudden our only defensive strength. That would be STUPID!!!!

Edited by FalconFanSince1970

If Andy Reid didn't call a single run all game, I wouldn't be surprised.

Not because he is that crazy, but because our secondary has been playing that poorly.

Reid has to feel like a fat kid in a cupcake factory right now.

I hope to God BVG and Smitty have something figured out.

Maybe they have been starving Beerman all week and poking him with sticks.

another key to this game is our "backup"qb...it seems that the eagles think they will just blitz 30 times & win the game...let you in on a little secret, he would be our starter if ryan wasnt making all that money and was who we are counting on being here a long time.not saying hes better, but he could be a starter on about 10-15 other teams

If this was true, he probably would be already....

I think Redman is a solid backup to have, but don't get carried away....

The funniest thing about this post is all that sht you gave us about Vick for six years bro. Now you are listing him as a PHI threat. I'm really just laughin my as off at that one.

By the way we held three of our last four opponents' RBs to 90, 88 and 59 yards. Run the ball. That is all of a sudden our only defensive strength. That would be STUPID!!!!

No - I never called him a threat. He hasn't been all year.

I only listed him because I think he will get a carry or two...I just don't think they will amount to much.

If you think I am happy about him taking up a roster spot on the Eagles, then you are thinking wrong...

No - I never called him a threat. He hasn't been all year.I only listed him because I think he will get a carry or two...I just don't think they will amount to much. If you think I am happy about him taking up a roster spot on the Eagles, then you are thinking wrong...

Dude if we pop McNabb 2005 style and Vick comes in and wins the game you will be nutt huggin like a squirrel. Trust me.

If he was our third string QB right now that would be just about right on time. We are one play from John Parker Wilson.