Brian Kelly to Notre Dame?

SacFalcFan

Notre Dame may have use to be a dream job, but if Kelly can win a BCS bowl game this year Im not so sure he should leave. Not sure how well Cinncy recruits, but he could always stay in a bad conference and have a shot at BCS games every year. But then again there are tremendous perks if he can turn around Notre Dame. Does Cinncy have any shot at giving him relatively similar money as Notre Dame?

Notre Dame may have use to be a dream job, but if Kelly can win a BCS bowl game this year Im not so sure he should leave. Not sure how well Cinncy recruits, but he could always stay in a bad conference and have a shot at BCS games every year. But then again there are tremendous perks if he can turn around Notre Dame. Does Cinncy have any shot at giving him relatively similar money as Notre Dame?

No. I think the only teams that can compete with Notre Dame money are SEC schools.

And coaching at Notre Dame is not a bad gig at all. It's extremely high profile, high prestige, big on tradition. Brian Kelly has done an amazingly tremendous job at Cincy. If he can recruit at Cincy, he can recruit at Notre Dame blindfolded... and we know he can coach up a good football team.

The shine on the ND job has kinda been tarnished for a while with coaches turning out mediocre results. Brian Kelly fits the bill of what Notre Dame is looking for right now though and Kelly is definitely hyped up for a big move like this with the success he has built up at Cincy.

At least it's not a head scratcher like Michigan hiring Rich Rodriguez.

No. I think the only teams that can compete with Notre Dame money are SEC schools.

And coaching at Notre Dame is not a bad gig at all. It's extremely high profile, high prestige, big on tradition. Brian Kelly has done an amazingly tremendous job at Cincy. If he can recruit at Cincy, he can recruit at Notre Dame blindfolded... and we know he can coach up a good football team.

The shine on the ND job has kinda been tarnished for a while with coaches turning out mediocre results. Brian Kelly fits the bill of what Notre Dame is looking for right now though and Kelly is definitely hyped up for a big move like this with the success he has built up at Cincy.

great post. The ND gig is not bad at all. They just had a string of bad luck in the coaching department since Lou Holtz left. I hope Notre Dame get it right this time. I kind of miss them being one of the elite programs out there. I remember the watching those awesome battles between Michigan and ND or Miami and ND.

ND's a great gig while you're new and/or winning, but put up a few subpar seasons & watch the fanbase turn on you and then almost nobody wants you anymore after you're fired.