We need a GREAT GAME from ABE..

I understand he has been double teamed alot but he has been man handled on numerous occasions this year and he is not playing with same intensity . He was all out week 1. I dont know if its a injury or not but he needs to step up this game and put it on his back. He is very capable of it with a 3 sack performance and a FF .

I understand he has been double teamed alot but he has been man handled on numerous occasions this year and he is not playing with same intensity . He was all out week 1. I dont know if its a injury or not but he needs to step up this game and put it on his back. He is very capable of it with a 3 sack performance and a FF .

You are wrong sir. He is 1.5 sacks away from the team lead and is flat out blowin away every other Falcon Dlineman in hits and pressures. Trust me.

You are wrong sir. He is 1.5 sacks away from the team lead and is flat out blowin away every other Falcon Dlineman in hits and pressures. Trust me.

Thats not saying much when our dline is pathetic and we cant get to the QB . Babs has been our most consistent dlineman in both the passing and running game. Abe is getting paid like a premier DE and he is playing like a avg one.. We need him to step up and get to McNabb this game or we will be in for a long day

I was wondering when someone was going to say something. I thought it was just me, I even made mention of it during preseason but wrote if off thinking it was just that ( preseason ), and he would turn the motor on our first game. Don't tell anyone, but I hardly notice him anymore. I hope he's alright, maybe it's just a hemroid or something.

i agree... We need a 2006 Carolina Panthers type performance... We need Abe to come up big these last 6 games.

Its not Abes fault that he gets doubled team and chipped.... We need him to make something happen tho.

Sidenote: Abe was super pissed that he missed that sack last week.

Thats not saying much when our dline is pathetic and we cant get to the QB . Babs has been our most consistent dlineman in both the passing and running game. Abe is getting paid like a premier DE and he is playing like a avg one.. We need him to step up and get to McNabb this game or we will be in for a long day

yea and i also want anderson to get a hit on mcnabb like he got last year on his second ever sack lol it was viscious

Abe is very close. He has put more hits and pressures on opposing QBs than anyone on this team. No one else is even close. Including Babineaux. Not bad considering he was hurt most of the year.

Well now he's healthy. Look for him to continue the hits and pressures then start racking up the sacks. You will be wrong again sir, just like you were about Vick in the early 2000s.

Abe is very close. He has put more hits and pressures on opposing QBs than anyone on this team. No one else is even close. Including Babineaux. Not bad considering he was hurt most of the year.

Well now he's healthy. Look for him to continue the hits and pressures then start racking up the sacks. You will be wrong again sir, just like you were about Vick in the early 2000s.

How was I wrong about Vick ?

i don't think his age is catching up. i think he's just having a down year. he's getting the pressure, he's just not getting the sacks.

pass rushers have up and down years though. look at justin tuck and mario williams. they were beasts last year, but they only have 1 or 2 more sacks than abe.

Boss i was saying the same thing..... Its not the guy age.... Its just a down statistical year... Mario Williams only has 5 sacks.... Justin Tuck has 4.5 sacks this year...Osi Umenyiora has 5 sacks... It happens sometimes.

Yeah, we DO need a great game from Abe. He's been gettin' a lot of hits and hurries, but nowhere near the sack total he had up to this point last year.

Like I said in another post, we've got to line up and tee-off on McNabb, or he'll CRUCIFY our under-achieving secondary. With the Pro that he is, we've GOT to make 'em beat us with the run...and lately, we've been pretty good against the run.

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

Yeah, we DO need a great game from Abe. He's been gettin' a lot of hits and hurries, but nowhere near the sack total he had up to this point last year.

Like I said in another post, we've got to line up and tee-off on McNabb, or he'll CRUCIFY our under-achieving secondary. With the Pro that he is, we've GOT to make 'em beat us with the run...and lately, we've been pretty good against the run.

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

I was wondering when someone was going to say something. I thought it was just me, I even made mention of it during preseason but wrote if off thinking it was just that ( preseason ), and he would turn the motor on our first game. Don't tell anyone, but I hardly notice him anymore. I hope he's alright, maybe it's just a hemroid or something.

Good point. I thought and hoped the same. But it shows again, that it is only preseason, but it is also football. So the secondary was a big problem in the preseason and it is a big problem in the regular season. So you should not make a conclusion about winning or losing. But in the preseason it is also football.

Abraham was usually a beast and you must love him. My biggest concern is, that he is a step late now. He is not far away from the QB. But he is just a step late. So is the question, if he lost this step.

Boss i was saying the same thing..... Its not the guy age.... Its just a down statistical year... Mario Williams only has 5 sacks.... Justin Tuck has 4.5 sacks this year...Osi Umenyiora has 5 sacks... It happens sometimes.

i think that if we got rid of abe this offseason (like i've seen a lot on this board) we'd really, really regret it. he'd go out and have a 12 sack season for someone else just like kerney did when he left.

i think that if we got rid of abe this offseason (like i've seen a lot on this board) we'd really, really regret it. he'd go out and have a 12 sack season for someone else just like kerney did when he left.

Abe is not going any where... Abe will be here next year...Cap charges: $7.083 million (2009), $8.583 million (2010).... I do feel like we need to draft another DE and start giving Sidbury more snaps.... Sidbury is ultra athletic... The Coaching Staff has to find away to take advantage of his talent (I know that we are easing him in similar to kroy beirmann last year but sidbury showed us something during the preseason)

Abe is not going any where... Abe will be here next year.... I do feel like we need to draft another DE and start giving Sidbury more snaps.... Sidbury is ultra athletic... The Coaching Staff has to find away to take advantage of his talent (I know that we are easing him in similar to kroy beirmann last year but sidbury showed us something during the preseason)

yeah i'd like to see us draft griffen, hardy or morgan in the first. we'd have a really good 4 DE rotation and i think any of those 3 guys i listed could come in game 1 and make an impact.

Don't hold your breath.

short term we will regret ...

Long term we wont.

He is going to come to a point next season where he wants a new deal I can almost guarantee it Now we will be stuck with a dilemma do we pay a aging DE top tier money and he has a injury prone past and is downside of his career .

short term we will regret ...

Long term we wont.

He is going to come to a point next season where he wants a new deal I can almost guarantee it Now we will be stuck with a dilemma do we pay a aging DE top tier money and he has a injury prone past and is downside of his career .

We would all around regret it..... The final answer is that we need John Abraham... We have him on contract for 2 more season....If Abe was having another 16 sack season then i think you would be right about the contract dilemma but his down season actually helps us...I don't see Abe making contract demands unless he have a 12+ sack season next year (he wont ask until after next season if that happens)... If we had another top notch DE then we could talk about moving him but right now we dont.... Abe is not going anywhere.

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

Agreed.

We would all around regret it..... The final answer is that we need John Abraham... We have him on contract for 2 more season....If Abe was having another 16 sack season then i think you would be right about the contract dilemma but his down season actually helps us...I don't see Abe making contract demands unless he have a 12+ sack season next year (he wont ask until after next season if that happens)... If we had another top notch DE then we could talk about moving him but right now we dont.... Abe is not going anywhere.

I don't think so. Abe is 31 now. How long can you realistically expect him to play at a high level?

I don't think he is "over the hill", but I definitely wouldn't rule out the possibility of moving him next year.

My scenario would be like this:

* We sign Aaron Kampman (at all costs) to add a proven player to our D-Line

* We put Abe on the block and see what gets offered to us.

* If we like what is being offered, we make the move. (imo 1st or 2nd round pick)

* If we do not like what is being offered, we hold onto him and let him play alongside Kampman..... creating what should be a very good pass rush.

The signing of Kampman and the development of Biermann gives us flexibility.

If we don't sign Kampman then all bets are off though.