Watching the Eagles...

I'm re-watching some highlights of the Eagles/Redskins game and some things stuck out to me:

1) The Eagles were fooled on a roll out and run by Campbell. I'm not suggesting that we use Chris Redman as a runner but we've used a roll out pass play all year I think it would be effective to get Norwood out in space.

2) Campbell threw two INT's in the first half, both passes were intercepted by Samuel. Stay away from that guy. Sheldon Brown is good also but Samuel is more of a ballhawk. I'm thinking you'll see Samuel on Roddy, Brown on Jenkins therefore throw to Gonzalez. If they decide to bracket Gonzalez, then throw the checkdown to Snelling or Norwood. Jenkins has to catch the ball on Sunday when it comes his way, if he doesn't jump for the high throws and tips the ball in the air the Eagles are going to get an easy INT.

3) Run the ball. The Redskins only got 80 yards total on the ground. Snelling and Norwood have to be effective since it looks like Turner will be out with the ankle.

4) Beware the deep ball. Most of the deep passes went to Jackson who is hurt but hasn't been ruled out. I'm thinking with playoff position on the line if there's any chance he can go he will play. Somehow we have to generate enough of a pass rush to get McNabb off the spot and miss his target, our corners are vulnerable deep.

My suspicion is both teams will be more focused that last week. The Falcons were never awful, they just didn't seem to have any spark. The Eagles looked the same way. I think that is what happens when you play the Bucs and the Redskins.

I don't think eitehr team is going to base a lot of their game plan on last weeks tape. The Falcons will run the same 6 plays they have been running all season :)

I'm re-watching some highlights of the Eagles/Redskins game and some things stuck out to me:1) The Eagles were fooled on a roll out and run by Campbell. I'm not suggesting that we use Chris Redman as a runner but we've used a roll out pass play all year I think it would be effective to get Norwood out in space.2) Campbell threw two INT's in the first half, both passes were intercepted by Samuel. Stay away from that guy. Sheldon Brown is good also but Samuel is more of a ballhawk. I'm thinking you'll see Samuel on Roddy, Brown on Jenkins therefore throw to Gonzalez. If they decide to bracket Gonzalez, then throw the checkdown to Snelling or Norwood. Jenkins has to catch the ball on Sunday when it comes his way, if he doesn't jump for the high throws and tips the ball in the air the Eagles are going to get an easy INT.3) Run the ball. The Redskins only got 80 yards total on the ground. Snelling and Norwood have to be effective since it looks like Turner will be out with the ankle.4) Beware the deep ball. Most of the deep passes went to Jackson who is hurt but hasn't been ruled out. I'm thinking with playoff position on the line if there's any chance he can go he will play. Somehow we have to generate enough of a pass rush to get McNabb off the spot and miss his target, our corners are vulnerable deep.

I watched that NFL Replay BS. This is what I saw:

-The Deadskins gave Smitty plenty tape to watch

-This Eaglet team aint nothin like the other ones we faced

-The best way to play them is like we did in 2005. Physical. They can't handle it

I feel better about this game being at the Georgia Dome than at Lincoln Financial even without Matt Ryan and Michael Turner. Redman's a good backup, and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

McCoy is a decent runner for a rookie, he must be contained. We can't let the Eagles into a rhythm on offense. Our defense has been up and down, if we can generate some sacks and some turnovers we have a good chance. If McNabb has all day to throw deep we are in trouble.

The game-changer would be if we line up and go after McNabb...ALL_OUT!!! Otherwise, he's going to make a "mockery" out of our under-achieving secondary. He's a pro, and unless we can make him VERY uncomfortable in the pocket, we're sunk! :(

When you go all out and don't get there you leave our corners matched up one on one on their very good receivers. Coach Reid knows we're vulnerable to the deep ball, they are going to take shots. It would be so much better if we could get pressure with our front four or possibly a blitzing linebacker or safety.