MARTINEZ - FABRIS AND JANSEK OUT AT UGA!

NOSTRADAMUS

Wonder if Sac will have any recruiting updates from this news...

Pretty much expecting Robey to go elsewhere with Martinez getting the axe, but who knows.

If Robey isn't smart enough to realize CMR is doing him a favor by getting him a better coach, then we don't want him anyway.

From Mark Schlabach on ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4707194

Georgia fires three defensive coaches

By Mark Schlabach

ESPN.com

ATHENS, Ga. -- Following a 7-5 season, Georgia coach Mark Richt on Wednesday fired three members of his defensive coaching staff, including embattled coordinator Willie Martinez.

ESPN's Joe Schad earlier reported that Georgia wouldn't retain Martinez, who spent the past five seasons as coordinator of the Bulldogs' defense. Richt also fired defensive ends coach Jon Fabris and linebackers/defensive co-coordinator John Janceck.

Richt says the three have been asked to remain through the team's bowl game.

The Bulldogs ranked No. 71 nationally in scoring defense (26.4 points per game) and 90th in pass-efficiency defense (137.14 rating). Georgia allowed 30 points or more in five games this season.

Mark Schlabach covers college football for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Wonder if Sac will have any recruiting updates from this news...

Pretty much expecting Robey to go elsewhere with Martinez getting the axe, but who knows.

I expect robey to go to ut. Not many db coaches like his size and frankly I hope he isn't a dawg. We need guys a bit taller as cbs. This is a great move IMO. Most of the guys are all uga due to CMR, but robey is afraid primarily due to his height. If CMR makes the right hires we will not only keep the guys we have, but surprise in a few we bring in. This is a great thing that happened today.

Let me be clear...while I am happy this move finally came, I'm not celebrating that they got fired b/c we have to remember these are guys who have lives and families, etc. I do hope they land on their feet.

agreed.. you can be happy about their dismissals IMO in what it means to our defense, but we do have 3 guys with famlies looking for work.

I love this comment when asked if the firings will affect him:

Garrison Smith: “Yeah it affected me, it means I’m back to the Ivey league schools now. I’m just playing, I’m still committed to Georgia. Coach Richt has been at UGA for a long time, and he’s going to make the best decision for the team."