Turner does not regret trying to play

Ice1974

FLOWERY BRANCH – Running back Michael Turner doesn't regret coming back and trying to play on a high right ankle sprain against Tampa Bay.

"I'll do it every time," Turner said on Wednesday. "The team needs me out there. We need everybody out there. If I can go and give some type of effort, I'll suit up and go each time. I don't have any regrets about that."

Turner re-injured the ankle and is "day-to-day" for Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles. He doesn't think he came back too soon, just 14 days after the initial injury.

"It was just the way that I got tackled," Turner said. "I guess the guy fell on my ankle. It was a big pile up and I got bent back a little bit and I was out for the rest of the game."

FLOWERY BRANCH – Running back Michael Turner doesn't regret coming back and trying to play on a high right ankle sprain against Tampa Bay.

"I'll do it every time," Turner said on Wednesday. "The team needs me out there. We need everybody out there. If I can go and give some type of effort, I'll suit up and go each time. I don't have any regrets about that."

Turner re-injured the ankle and is "day-to-day" for Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles. He doesn't think he came back too soon, just 14 days after the initial injury.

"It was just the way that I got tackled," Turner said. "I guess the guy fell on my ankle. It was a big pile up and I got bent back a little bit and I was out for the rest of the game."

Gave you a plus one to make up for the jackazz that negged you for posting this. Didn't everyone see the play that reinjured Turner? That twisted mess of a gang tackle would've injured him even if he was 100%. HE LOOKED GREAT RUNNING THE BALL. Obviously he was ready to return.

I remember countless complaints about players with injuries sitting out- Laurent Robinson anyone? I guess no matter what decision is made, there will always be someone complaining about it.

he is probably the only one who doesn t regret it. what was the coaching staff thinking? i mean your most important rb against a 1-8 team? what is the point of hurrying him back against one of the worst teams in the league this year? now we mite not have him for the 2 most important games of the season.

Edited by birdz4i

he is probably the only one who doesn t regret it. what was the coaching staff thinking? i mean your most important rb against a 1-8 team? what is the point of hurrying him back against one of the worst teams in the league this year? now we mite not have him for the 2 most important games of the season.

Yeah, I hate to question the team, but that's almost verbatim what I was thinking. Before Ryan went down I felt like we had MORE than enough fire power for the Bucs, now I gotta say I'm worried about Sun, where-as a week ago I felt really good about it. I still think we can win, but it's gonna be a tough game.

Yeah, a "gamer" like "The Burner" just wants to play...but it's up to the doctors, and coaches to make the final decision. Sometimes, you're "damned if you do, and damned if you don't", in this kind of situation.

I think since we almost beat N. Y. without Turner, we should have sat him for the Tampa game, and he would have been ready to put some hurt on the Iggles this Sunday. But hey, that's just me, and for some reason they don't ask me what I would have done. :rolleyes:

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

Edited by FalconJim

He's a football player a darn good one and a tough one to boot. He doesn't want to not be out there. If he feels he can play then put him in. If it isn't working put the ball in Norwood's or Snelling's hands. Norwood had a good number of touches Sunday before Turner went down.