I sent Pat Yaskinskas (ESPN writer for NFC South) an e-mail

g-dawg

<begin e-mail>

Dear Pat,

Could you send your followers who are fans of the Falcons, Panthers and Bucs an e-mail to let us know when you start covering teams again that are not named the New Orleans Saints? Apparently we did not get the memo that you are now just covering the Saints. <end e-mail>

If you go to the NFC South Blog on ESPN right now there is about 25 stories on the Saints with almost nothing on the other three teams. I know the Saints are a BIG story in the NFL right now but Pat is totally blowing off the other three teams.....I hope he gets the message - let him know.

proof I'm not exaggerating: Pat Yasinkas Blog 12/02

Right now as of 12/02 at 4:03pm - 25 out of the last 29 blogs from Pat Yasinkas were about the Saints. Amazing!!! 86% coverage goes to one team.

Edited by g-dawg

<begin e-mail>

Dear Pat,

Could you send your followers who are fans of the Falcons, Panthers and Bucs an e-mail to let us know when you start covering teams again that are not named the New Orleans Saints? Apparently we did not get the memo that you are now just covering the Saints. <end e-mail>

If you go to the NFC South Blog on ESPN right now there is about 15 stories on the Saints with almost nothing on the other three teams. I know the Saints are a BIG story in the NFL right now but Pat is totally blowing off the other three teams.....I hope he gets the message - let him know.

**holding breath for a response** :D

Call him a frontrunner, but the reality is...

we're coming to the end of the season. The Bucs are officially eliminated from playoff contention, the Panthers are all but dead, and we're hanging on by a thread. Falcons fans might not like it, but it's going to take a lot more than 1 game over .500 and a win over the Bucs to make us relevant again.

we're coming to the end of the season. The Bucs are officially eliminated from playoff contention, the Panthers are all but dead, and we're hanging on by a thread. Falcons fans might not like it, but it's going to take a lot more than 1 game over .500 and a win over the Bucs to make us relevant again.

True but he is the beat writer for the NFC South and not just the New Orleans Saints. He should be doing his job no matter how bad the other teams are doing.

agreed and I hear ya.....no doubt that Saints deserve the most coverage now but still - Pat Yaz's job is to cover ALL of the NFC South - good or bad....... I think Yas is a good writer and I don't think he dislikes the Falcons - on the contrary he has been complimentary - especially of Matt Ryan and Falcons coaching staff.

Having said that, Do your freaking job Pat!!!

I guess that's what happens when you accomplish 11-0.

Everyone else in your Div. is just background noise.

True.

It just amazes me that this happens every year (the media falling all over the top teams: Saints, Colts, Vikings) only to have someone come out of nowhere and win it all.

;)

I guess that's what happens when you accomplish 11-0.

Everyone else in your Div. is just background noise.

apparently so......just think what "could have been"

revisionist(hindsight 20/20) history:

Falcons could have drafted LaDanian Tomlinson in 1st round and grab Drew Brees in 2nd round (assumes San Diego drafts MV7)

Edited by g-dawg

Last year, most of the articles covered the Panthers and Falcons who were winning. This year, the Saints are undefeated :D so there is no way he would not cover them.

When you are supporting the team being covered because you're winning, you do not think about the lack of articles directed at the other teams who are not successful. I think last year, most of you loved Pat. Heck, this preseason when the majority of his articles were about Matt Ryan and the Falcons. But the Saints are hot, and that's what Pat's attention is going to be on.

<begin e-mail>Dear Pat,Could you send your followers who are fans of the Falcons, Panthers and Bucs an e-mail to let us know when you start covering teams again that are not named the New Orleans Saints? Apparently we did not get the memo that you are now just covering the Saints. <end e-mail>If you go to the NFC South Blog on ESPN right now there is about 25 stories on the Saints with almost nothing on the other three teams. I know the Saints are a BIG story in the NFL right now but Pat is totally blowing off the other three teams.....I hope he gets the message - let him know.proof I'm not exaggerating: Pat Yasinkas Blog 12/02Right now as of 12/02 at 4:03pm - 25 out of the last 29 blogs from Pat Yasinkas were about the Saints. Amazing!!! 86% coverage goes to one team.

Let me respond for Pat:

Sorry guys. That's what you get when you win. Any questions?

<begin e-mail>

Dear Pat,

If you go to the NFC South Blog on ESPN right now there is about 25 stories on the Saints with almost nothing on the other three teams. I know the Saints are a BIG story in the NFL right now but Pat is totally blowing off the other three teams.....I hope he gets the message - let him know.

proof I'm not exaggerating: Pat Yasinkas Blog 12/02

Right now as of 12/02 at 4:03pm - 25 out of the last 29 blogs from Pat Yasinkas were about the Saints. Amazing!!! 86% coverage goes to one team.

Ummm, they are 11-0 and just beat the living shat out of the best team of the decade and Tom Brady. For the most part Pat does talk about everyone else but this week the Saints are a huge topic and rightfully so.

Last year, most of the articles covered the Panthers and Falcons who were winning. This year, the Saints are undefeated :D so there is no way he would not cover them.

When you are supporting the team being covered because you're winning, you do not think about the lack of articles directed at the other teams who are not successful. I think last year, most of you loved Pat. Heck, this preseason when the majority of his articles were about Matt Ryan and the Falcons. But the Saints are hot, and that's what Pat's attention is going to be on.

Nah, he covered the whole division, especially keeping track of the best home record in a division.