This Could Be the Most Important Final 2 Months for us in 11 years.

AF89

Novemeber 2009 hasn't been easy for most Falcons fans. Not only have we dropped back to back games twice but we had to sit and watch as our much hated rival out west, got off to an 11-0 start and is easily everyone and thier brothers' favorite to win it all (those jerkholes :angry: )

More and more it becomes apparent that those Superbowl expectations of 4 months ago, were probally nothing more than a fans dream. Its not even clear if we're going to make the playoffs. (I think we can but thats for anonther topic)

But there is one thing we CAN do, In fact its something we MUST do, and its get that 9 wins mark and finally end that horried 43 year streak. I of course speak of our back-to-back winning seasons drought.

How important is it? Well thier aren't alot of teams who can make the claim. They're certainly aren't any who've been in the league as long as we have. [citation needed on this one ;)]. And its certainly not claim we want.

5 games. 5 games lay between us and a guaranteed playoff spot. But (and this is just my opinion sorry :) ) more importanly if we can just win 3 we can finally put an end to that durned streak, and that'll last a heck of alot longer than any playoff run we might make.

It don't think this will stop the annoucers from talking about it and it certainly won't stop rival fans from slapping our faces with it, but maybe they'll start taking us more seroiusly. Maybe now we won't have to open the papers in June and see how are Falcons are going to finish 3rd in thier division. You can only say "I like being under the radar" for so long that that maybe you actually deserve to be.

Maybe this isn't as important as 2002 or 2004 seasons but the effects of it could resonate a heck of alot longer.

Edited by atl falcon 89

I agree I really want this streak to end, its looming over the Falcons.

But alas the goal is still to make the playoffs, which will end the streak ;)

Oh I agree. To make the playsoffs this year will probally require at least 10 wins, which would be more than enough for a winning season.

I'm not sure we do it. Beating the Eagles is a must (duh) and we have to take at least 4 out of the 5 to get there.

Getting 3 out of 5 won't be easy either (we probally have to win in New York.) but I think its definalty dobable.

Don't get me wrong Eagles and Saints are two teams we definatly have a chance to beat (thank god we're at home) but I see us dropping at least one maybe both of those games.

I want to win out - but even more - I want those 3 wins.

I know the purpose of the team each year is to win the Superbowl - but I really, really, really want the back to back curse broken this year.

So, let's win the next 3 - then we can all start screaming about Playoffs again!

"You have "to learn to crawl before you can learn to walk"

Before we can start picturing the Matt Ryan led Dynasties (or for some of you I guess someone else :P ) of the 2010's we have to first get this monkey of thier back.

Not only do the fans deserve it but I think past Falcon's teams deserve it too. Thanks to this streak the Falcons have been stuck with the stigma, that before Vick, the Falcons were never really a legitamit team. And while that may be true of sustanied success we've certainly had some pretty good teams. 1977 Defense, the Run and Shoot of the 90's, The SuperBowl run of 98', I think getting back to back winning seasons could lift thier image almost as much as I think it could the Blank Era's image.

Edited by atl falcon 89

It's so much more than just the streak, it's the fact that as Falcons fans we have never been able to build off of something. It's like every winning season has been a fluke, because inevitably we collapse the next year. If we go 9-7, or 10-6, we can guarantee we will be worse the next year. The Front Office need to understand that. It's easy for them to think that it's not their burden because they weren't here, but it is. We need to see that they understand that. They need to do the things now to make this team better now, even if it's just a stop gap for the future. I'm a big TD supporter, and believer, but I do believe that his pride and determination to build through the draft and ignore potential FA players that could come in and contribute right away has hurt the chances of this team. I feel like TD and Smith's pride were the reasons we didn't address the secondary concerns, and why we waited 2-3 games too late to resolve the kicking situation. It was like a slap in the face to see how Mike McKenzie and Chris McCalister played for the Ain'ts Monday night, knowing that a 11-0 team will make any move necessary to keep winning, and our 6-5 team won't. We dodged a bullet Sunday, we need to take that gift and do whatever necessary to not find ourselves in that position again.

I want the curse broken because in order to be considered a winner, you have to win consistently. Until we break it, we will always be looked at as a franchise that can not compete long-term. The thought of having to wait two more years for consistency is hard to stomach. I want these next three bad (and the playoffs to boot while I'm at it) so that we can start seeing ourselves as perpetual challengers year to year, and come out next year swinging and taking no prisoners.

Novemeber 2009 hasn't been easy for most Falcons fans. Not only have we dropped back to back games twice but we had to sit and watch as our much hated rival out west, got off to an 11-0 start and is easily everyone and thier brothers' favorite to win it all (those jerkholes :angry: )

More and more it becomes apparent that those Superbowl expectations of 4 months ago, were probally nothing more than a fans dream. Its not even clear if we're going to make the playoffs. (I think we can but thats for anonther topic)

But there is one thing we CAN do, In fact its something we MUST do, and its get that 9 wins mark and finally end that horried 43 year streak. I of course speak of our back-to-back winning seasons drought.

How important is it? Well thier aren't alot of teams who can make the claim. They're certainly aren't any who've been in the league as long as we have. [citation needed on this one ;)]. And its certainly not claim we want.tRUE DAT

5 games. 5 games lay between us and a guaranteed playoff spot. But (and this is just my opinion sorry :) ) more importanly if we can just win 3 we can finally put an end to that durned streak, and that'll last a heck of alot longer than any playoff run we might make.

It don't think this will stop the annoucers from talking about it and it certainly won't stop rival fans from slapping our faces with it, but maybe they'll start taking us more seroiusly. Maybe now we won't have to open the papers in June and see how are Falcons are going to finish 3rd in thier division. You can only say "I like being under the radar" for so long that that maybe you actually deserve to be.

Maybe this isn't as important as 2002 or 2004 seasons but the effects of it could resonate a heck of alot longer.

It's a huge month, I'm thankful we have Redman leading us at this critical time instead of a strugging weak arm QB.

And once again, we get one of these morons that has to make a Ryan bashing post in the middle of a pretty decent thread.

I've been a fan of this team for 41 years and I've seen it all, the good and bad, mostly bad. I want this back to back streak ended more than anyone. Unfortunately, while I support Redman during the time he will be starting for us and hope he does well, there is no doubt that Ryan was our best chance of breaking this curse.

I agree I really want this streak to end, its looming over the Falcons.

But alas the goal is still to make the playoffs, which will end the streak ;)

yea it is horrible but we have been getting monkeys off our back in the past two years. i mean come on remember when jamal anderson finally got a sack lol