DB - Patrick Petersen, LSU

DB - Dennis Rogan, Tennessee

S - Mark Barron, Alabama

Second Team Special Teams

P - Brett Upson, Vanderbilt

K - Leigh Tiffin, Alabama

PR - Trindon Holliday, LSU

KR - Warren Norman, Vanderbilt

I'm not so sure about Mallett being the offensive player of the year. I would have to say Ingram.

As for freshman of the year, I wish Ealey could have played from day 1 (instead of Richard Samuel), instead he didn't get to play until week 5. But then again the coaches though Samuel was going to do well at RB, oh well. I guess they know now, since Samuel is getting moved to LB, lol.

Good to see two Gamecocks get real recognition. I wish they would offer defensive and offensive awards to the Freshmen because I think Stephon Gilmore would have a good shot at the award on defense.

Yeah. Gilmore deff had a shot. Nice to see Alshon getting recognition although he really didn't start playing until week 6. ;)

Kind of expected to see some other Gamecocks on there such as Cliff Matthews. Man Im sure going to miss Norwood making plays. He'll always be in Gamecocks hearts after returning for his senior year and playing like he did. Kid is amazing. One example is when he asked Beamer if he could be on the kickoff team because of our struggles. Would have like to see him have a shot at the heisman down the stretch but hes numbers werent too great for a couple weeks and he virtually had no shot just playing defense.

Yeah. Gilmore deff had a shot. Nice to see Alshon getting recognition although he really didn't start playing until week 6. ;)

Kind of expected to see some other Gamecocks on there such as Cliff Matthews. Man Im sure going to miss Norwood making plays. He'll always be in Gamecocks hearts after returning for his senior year and playing like he did. Kid is amazing. One example is when he asked Beamer if he could be on the kickoff team because of our struggles. Would have like to see him have a shot at the heisman down the stretch but hes numbers werent too great for a couple weeks and he virtually had no shot just playing defense.

Yeah I appreciate the heart and effort of Norwood and he's been a very good playmaker for us through the years. But I wonder about the position he will play in the pro's. Seems to me that he wasn't that great at shedding blocks when he was playing lb, but he's a very good pass rusher so maybe he plays DE up there.

And all in all I believe Cliff Matthews has the potential to be a better all around player; especially at the next level.

Yeah I appreciate the heart and effort of Norwood and he's been a very good playmaker for us through the years. But I wonder about the position he will play in the pro's. Seems to me that he wasn't that great at shedding blocks when he was playing lb, but he's a very good pass rusher so maybe he plays DE up there.

And all in all I believe Cliff Matthews has the potential to be a better all around player; especially at the next level.

There will be questions about Norwoods size, but I thin he could be a pretty good outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

Forgive me...I'm not familiar with the numbers they put up...but should Hodge and Adams be 1st team over AJ?

I mean, it's not like it's based on who the best WR/most talented receiver is b/c we all know that'd pretty much be AJ and Julio (still not sure why they're having trouble getting him the ball like they should)...I'm just saying.

Do I agree? Not even close. 1 Gator defensive player mentioned and that's it? Seriously, something is very wrong there...

Beat me to the punch. #1 defense in the country, and one player from the defense makes 1st and 2nd team??? Pretty disgusting that Cunningham or Dunlap didn't even make the SECOND team for DE.

Are you sure Chris Low didn't write this, because that guy really hates Florida? Who cares though, you'll always be wrong on this board.

Edited by Chili Dog

I really love the list. All of the 1st and 2nd teamers on defense deserve it and are some of the best players in the country. I think Mallet, Norwood, and Jeffrey all were deserving as well. Overall a great list IMO.

There is no excuse for AJ Green not being on the first team!

I whole heartedly agree with Norwood as DPOY. And honestly, I wouldn't be sad at all if the birds could land him in the draft.

I still think you have to put Tebow in there as OPOY though, and put him on the first team. I hate the guy, but he does something no one else does, and that's flat out wins.

I also think AJ would have been a first teamer if it weren't for his injury. As it is, I'd like to see Greg Childs on the list instead of Darvin, or at least get second team honors. Darvin was 3rd in yards, where Childs was second, and Childs had a higher YPC. Toss up though cause Darvin had 3 more TD's.

That's all I can really think of at the moment though...