We have injuries but so does Philly

thamill

McNabb is not having a "great" year. Westbrook is out. DeSean Jackson will most likely be out. The Philly defense is not the same Philly D it was under Jim Johnson. I think we have a pretty good shot in this game. One thing TD was focusing on bringing us was depth. I think we are getting there. Last week we won a divisional game primarily with backups. Don't let the Bucs record fool you. They beat GB (a playoff team) and have been in quite a few games in the last few weeks. If you look at the injuries we have had this year (especially on defense) I think our team has fought hard and battled adversity. I've had enough of the "Oh my god the sky is falling". Snelling is a good football player. Redman is a good football player. Do I need to remind most of you that before Ryan was drafted, the consensus on this board (for the most part) was to draft Dorsey and have Redman start? I like our chances in the dome on Sunday. I believe we are undefeated there this season.

McNabb hasn't had a great year?

Neither has Cutler, Eli, or Delhomme and they all torched us.

Absolutely Correct.

Many years ago we had a similar problem when we were called the Boo Birds.

If a team had a problem, Atlanta was the Fix.

Same thing now with our Corners.

It is not that the opponents try to torch them on every play, but more

so that they are setting our guys up on every play, and then all a sudden

STRIKE Like a COBRA.

Is like real ugly man.

Losing Brian Williams hurt us, especially now that Owens is ready.

Ouchy!

Yeah but we beat Cutler, went to OT against Eli, and beat Delhomme in ATL. The games we lost to Delhomme and Eli were both on the road. We play the Eagles at home. Once again, I like our chances.

Cutler did not torch us...... he threw 40+ times and barely got 300 yards also threw 2 picks.

thats not torching someone

And in all honesty neither did Delhomme, first time we played he also had to throw 40+ times and also barely got 300 yards, the second time, he did not even crack 200 ( 197) he did have two tds...... but those were on hill who is not our starter.

Eli yea he toreched us likea marshmellow, but the other 2 did not

Yeah, I like our chances at home, too, against the Eagles. Both teams are beat up a little (as are a lot of teams nowadays), but with us playing in the Dome, I think that levels the playing field for us, somewhat (key word - somewhat).

The deciding factor may well be how good, or bad, our secondary plays against a resurgent Donovan McNabb....and how good, or bad, Redman responds to this challenge.

I mean, if you think about it, Redman didn't have a chance to get a big case of "the nerves" this past Sunday....he was called on, and went in and did the best he could....and thankfully it was JUST ENOUGH to win. Now, he's having a whole week to think about it all. Hopefully though, he can just come in and play as efficiently as he did against the Bucs, and we MAY just have a shot at winning a BIB, BIG game....and that's putting it mildly.

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

Edited by FalconJim

I look at it this way as well.

I think I am just going to have to enjoy a real good hatefest. I am sick of the eagles and I think the young falcons players are out to prove just how much pride they have in this game. If you ask me, and no-one did, this game is gonna get nasty. Fights, shoving, trash talking, and good ol' hate... The Eagles are a team that everyone is tired of at this stage and they are beatable. C'mon Falcons lets just get down and ugly and refuse to lose...

We need to get pressure on McNabb. If he's comfortable, he will burn our CB's. No Westbrook & possibly no Jackson, but they still have others that can beat us. The Falcons just need to elevate their play and please come up with some different schemes on defense, so McNabb doesn't get comfortable. The Eagles really aren't that good of a team, but they usually find ways to win. We just need to make it impossible for them to find a way to win. Like not dropping any TD passes or missing FG's. We can't afford to miss on points.

We need to get pressure on McNabb. If he's comfortable, he will burn our CB's. No Westbrook & possibly no Jackson, but they still have others that can beat us. The Falcons just need to elevate their play and please come up with some different schemes on defense, so McNabb doesn't get comfortable. The Eagles really aren't that good of a team, but they usually find ways to win. We just need to make it impossible for them to find a way to win. Like not dropping any TD passes or missing FG's. We can't afford to miss on points.

Mistakes are huge. I believe we addressed the kicking issue well with Bryant. Honestly, I like puting Snelling out there at close to 100% rather than Turner at 55-60%. Redman helped Roddy get his first 1000 yard season so I really think those two can prosper. With that said, I believe Gonzo will have a huge game since Samuel will be shading Roddy.

Mini me wont be in there much though. Owens is the starter now.

:lol: You know Owens is the same size as Grimes don't you?

And I'm not talking about what either is "listed" as since we all know that isn't correct. But Owens is just as small as "mini-me".

However, Owens doesn't play small like Grimes. He's much, much, and I mean MUCH more physical that Grimes. So, I get what your saying. ;)

Yeah, even without Jackson and Westbrook, the Eagles still have dangerous weapons in McCoy, Maclin, Avant, and Celek. We need to get the ground game going early and do well on 3rd down to keep the time of possession in our advantage.

Defensively, it will be interesting to see if McNabb picks on Owens all day long. We have been playing better against the run recently, but we HAVE TO GET SOME PRESSUE ON MCNABB to stand a chance. Hopefully Abe, Babs, JA98, and Beerman all bring an A+ effort. It would be nice to see Van Gorder try blitzing DeCoud here and there again... he's done pretty well when given the chance to do so.

Philly has THREE times the injured players we have, however they still have McNabb. He's hot and cold............one week ON, the next week mediocre.

Let's hope for MEDIOCRE this Sunday.

They are 3-2 on the road. They beat carolina in week 1, lost to Oakland in week 6, beat Washington in week 7 (mainly due to DJack who is out this game), lost to SD week 10, and won against Chicago week 11.

You are right. They are hot and cold.