Our offensive line is horrible!

5uperbad06

So I was looking on NFL.com at the offensive line stats and the crazy thing is we are ranked #7 in the whole NFL as far as offensive lines go. Behind this offensive line we have the 4th most rushing TDs in the NFL and 7th least amount of sacks left. We are number 9 in QB hits allowed. When rushing to the right we have the 3rd least amount of negative plays and 2nd when rushing to the left. Not so good up the middle though. Top 10 in rushing 1st downs when rushing to the left or the center. 16th to the right (still top half sorta). Our Oline power to the right and center is top 10. To the right is actually tied for numero uno, but we get the nod because our name starts with an A.

I ain't saying we have the best line, but it is far from the worse.

just because the O-Line is ranked fairly well in allowing sacks and QB hits doesnt mean that the opponent's defenses arent getting through them, Ive seen Matt Ryan and Chris Redman have to hurry and scramble out of the pocket and throw it away because the defensive pressure screwed up their chemistry, or in Ryan's case, has caused him to throw some picks

So I was looking on NFL.com at the offensive line stats and the crazy thing is we are ranked #7 in the whole NFL as far as offensive lines go. Behind this offensive line we have the 4th most rushing TDs in the NFL and 7th least amount of sacks left. We are number 9 in QB hits allowed. When rushing to the right we have the 3rd least amount of negative plays and 2nd when rushing to the left. Not so good up the middle though. Top 10 in rushing 1st downs when rushing to the left or the center. 16th to the right (still top half sorta). Our Oline power to the right and center is top 10. To the right is actually tied for numero uno, but we get the nod because our name starts with an A. I ain't saying we have the best line, but it is far from the worse.

Are those season stats or stats for the last seven games when they got trashed? Couldn't run the ball and got beat down like an old turnstyle in the passing game.

You definately have to take in to account that Ryan gets the ball out of his hands quickly.

But this year I think he's been forced to get the ball out quicker than he wants to because of the protection.

At time our line can pass block well, but they can also look downright terrible. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though; it happens to all teams.

You definately have to take in to account that Ryan gets the ball out of his hands quickly.

But this year I think he's been forced to get the ball out quicker than he wants to because of the protection.

This. Our QB has like 2 seconds to get rid of the ball or he's screwed. We really, really need to upgrade the line. Blaylock is alright, Sam is good when healthy, but those other guys need to be either shifted around or upgraded. If our line was better, we would probably have more big plays instead of getting stuffed for negative runs a fair amount and the lack of deep passing plays.