Atlanta Falcons sign K Matt Bryant, LS Joe Zelenka signed.

atljbo

Adam Schefter twitter (also on rotoworld)

# Jason Elam has had a great career. With all the teams that need kickers, bet he's not out of work long. But he does not excel at kickoffs. 2 minutes ago from web
# Filed to ESPN: wholesale special teams changes in Atlanta. K Jason Elam, LS Bryan Pittman released; K Matt Bryant, LS Joe Zelenka signed. 5 minutes ago from web

I'd better do this quick and get it out of the way...

OH NOES! HEZ GUNNA GO TO ANOTHER TEAMZ AND KICKZ OUT BUTTZ OFF! HEZ GUNNA MAKE IT FROM 70+ YARDS WHEN HEZ PLAYZ AGUNST US BECAUZ HE HATES US'N NOWZ!

There.

And Elam...thanks for the kick against the Bears last year, bud. That was epic.

Needed to happen. Thanks for a great season last year Jason. Sucks that it had to happen like this, but we needed to address this. I wish Elam the best of luck with whatever team he ends up with. Great guy, great kicker, sadly ended up costing us a couple of really important games and maybe the playoffs.

Its a shame we lost a few games earlier due to kick, honestly we should be 7-4 at the worst.

I 100% agree.... The kicking game has cost us atleast 2 games... I feel like vs the Giants, Saints and Panthers...In all 3 of those games Elam missed a kick that would have put us ahead or tied the game.....

I'd better do this quick and get it out of the way...

OH NOES! HEZ GUNNA GO TO ANOTHER TEAMZ AND KICKZ OUT BUTTZ OFF! HEZ GUNNA MAKE IT FROM 70+ YARDS WHEN HEZ PLAYZ AGUNST US BECAUZ HE HATES US'N NOWZ!

There.

And Elam...thanks for the kick against the Bears last year, bud. That was epic.

Epic, sure, but Elam missed a 33 yard field goal with 2:50 left in the 4th quarter of that same game. More epic was Matt Ryan and Michael Jenkins (and a dumb decision by the Bears special teams to squib the kickoff), giving Elam a chance to redeem himself with the 48 yard winner. The 33 yarder missed, practically a gimme, would've put the Falcons up by 9 with less than three minutes to go.