Would you spend a mid-round draft pick?

Rambler

Leigh Tiffen is a Groza finalist and a senior who has been an outstanding kicker for Alabama his

whole career. I like Brandon Walsh but of course he has 2 more years at Georgia. The Lou Groza finalists

are Tiffen, Walsh, and Kai Forbath of UCLA. Below is a link to all the semi-finalists.

My link

I wouldn't draft him at all. He lost the ALA/ARK game single-handedly back in 2006 I believe. That game was in ARK and he missed two extra points and five field goals. I wouldn't touch a kicker who has the ability to choke a game like that.

2006? really?

and a midround pick on any kicker is idiotic.

Yes really - 2006. see below:

Alabama kicker Leigh Tiffin rebounds from disastrous 2006 loss at Arkansas

Alabama kicker Leigh Tiffin rebounds from disastrous 2006 loss at Arkansas

Thursday, August 14, 2008

By GENTRY ESTES

Sports Reporter

TUSCALOOSA — While part-time drill sergeants dressed as Alabama coaches drive players through the summer heat, Leigh Tiffin stands on an adjoining practice field with all the freedom in the world.

It's good to be a place-kicker, especially one assured of a starting role before the beginning of preseason camp. Most of the time, Tiffin leisurely does his own thing. No coaches, little pressure, just a snapper, holder and booming kicks that — one after another — sail through uprights from varying distances.

As much as anyone, Tiffin would just as soon take on Clemson right now.

"I had a really good summer," Tiffin said, "so I'm just trying to carry it over and put the finishing touches on it."

He was one of the best stories of the 2007 season, a walk-on Crimson Tide kicking legacy who finally made good when given a second chance.

As teammates and fans can attest, it's hard for anyone to not want to root for Tiffin. The son of former Crimson Tide All-American kicker Van Tiffin, Leigh was the freshman who so famously missed two potential game-winning field goals and an extra point in overtime that meant a heartbreaking one-point loss at Arkansas in 2006.

For Tiffin, the bitter aftermath of that afternoon may finally be behind him. Following a stellar 2007 campaign, Tiffin heads into the 2008 season being tagged as one of the top kickers in the Southeastern Conference.

That extra point at Arkansas was the only one he has missed in 49 career attempts at Alabama.

He made all 36 point-after tries last season, along with 25-of-34 field goals, including a 10-for-15 clip from beyond 40 yards.

No longer is there anything for Tiffin to prove, even to himself.

"I can tell a huge difference from the first time he stepped on the field until now," said punter P.J. Fitzgerald, who also serves as Tiffin's holder. "It's a tremendous and drastic improvement. His confidence is sky-high now."...