Is there a reason why we didnt sign McCallister and Mike McKenzie?

Andre5000

Instead, we let the 2 midgets play corner for more than half the season.. while 2 vets that can play BETTER than these clowns were sitting waiting for a phonecall.

OH.. i almost forgot about another guy walking the streets named DARREN SHARPER!!!!

Edited by SkiFalcon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's already a thread about this Ski come on :lol:

Theres probably 10,, sorry.. :mellow: I just watched that Saints game and it pizzed me off bad.. Our guys can NOT make a play on the ball.. those guys were all over the place.. guys off the street are playing better than our midgets.. ALOT had to do with the fact they have a PRO FOOTBALL DC coaching them and not a college reject.

I'm not hating, but TD has done a poor job in 09. Except for getting T Gonzalez.

I agree. He cvan say he was looking towards the future, but we coulda got those 2 guys for a year and let Owens or whoever develop. I think BVG is the biggest problem.. i hope they watched the Saints game and how the Saints were all over the field on defense last night with the SAME players they had last year and 3 starters out in the secondary.. OH, and Darren SHARPER would have been a decent pickup dont ya think?

Theres probably 10,, sorry.. :mellow: I just watched that Saints game and it pizzed me off bad.. Our guys can NOT make a play on the ball.. those guys were all over the place.. guys off the street are playing better than our midgets.. ALOT had to do with the fact they have a PRO FOOTBALL DC coaching them and not a college reject.

Seriously I was pissed. These guys come off the street and make more of an impact than Houston and Grimes. It takes Hill half the season to get playing time and he is pure garbage. I give TD a C_ foir his 09 job. Would bve an F if not for getting TG.

Seriously I was pissed. These guys come off the street and make more of an impact than Houston and Grimes. It takes Hill half the season to get playing time and he is pure garbage. I give TD a C_ foir his 09 job. Would bve an F if not for getting TG.

But getting TG means no 2nd round pick this year so we BETTER SIGN SOME GOOD FREE AGENTS this offseason...

Posted a response to one of the other threads. Stuff like this makes it really tough to keep being a Falcons fan (after 27 years of being one). I really thought after last year that the front office was commited to winning at all costs. The failure to at least try and get better through free agency makes me wonder what is going on.

LOL!!!!

wow, talk about turning the tables. Its funny how people was all on TD sac in the beginning talkin bout TRUST IN TD!!!!now, look. Its a whole different story.

Well, who knows, maybe next year Jerry will implode the middle of the field and and Moore will be taking off heads at safety and Owens .will have 8 INT's at corner and Captain spin move Sidbury will be more than a special teams body that does pirroette's on every pass rush and...... ... well,.. i can dream cant I?

I agree. He cvan say he was looking towards the future, but we coulda got those 2 guys for a year and let Owens or whoever develop. I think BVG is the biggest problem.. i hope they watched the Saints game and how the Saints were all over the field on defense last night with the SAME players they had last year and 3 starters out in the secondary.. OH, and Darren SHARPER would have been a decent pickup dont ya think?

The only person I'm mad at TD for not getting is Sharper. But I can see his logic for not getting him. A lot of these guys everyone wants are old and maybe washed. They're not as good as they were back in their prime. Who knows, they might not even be worse than what we have. Then there are possible injuries and their injury history to consider. I suspect our CB situation will be addressed in the offseason. Also, everyone seem to forget we took a big salary cap hit with Vick's salary this season. Next will have more free money to pursue a big name CB.

Edited by Chitown2ATL_Falcon

Pretty simple McCallister had already tried out for a number of teams and was not signed and at least at the time their were a lot of reports he did horribly and was not ready to play. McKenzie was re signed by the Saints because he already knew the Saints defense and could step in right away, if we signed him he would still be on the bench learning the playbook.

WRONG!!!

mckenzie did not know the saints playbook. When he played there, greg williams was not there. totally different defense.

LOL!!!!

wow, talk about turning the tables. Its funny how people was all on TD sac in the beginning talkin bout TRUST IN TD!!!!now, look. Its a whole different story.

Can't speak for the others, but yers I gave him all the credit he deserved for what he did last yerar. But that was last year. I'm going to criticize him when he dfoes a poor job just as well. It goes both ways. I'm in no way saying we should fire him. But you have to admit he is not addressing or biggest weaknesses, like other teams are addressing there's. We should have never gone into training camp with Houston and Grimes as starters. We got Williams, only cause he was cut at training camp. What if Jax hadn't of cut him? We shoiuld have brought in sonmeone as soon as Williams went down. Would it not have been great to have McCallister or McKenzie a month ago? Also, please explain why we still have Elam? He's going to miss some more and I hope we are not relying on those FG's to win.

WRONG!!!

mckenzie did not know the saints playbook. When he played there, greg williams was not there. totally different defense.

Exactly! They run a completely different type of D from last year. Just shows how a good coach can maximize the skills of the players you have.

I have already gone over this... Free Agents are free to sign with the team of their choosing. McKenzie lives here in New Orleans, and has just been waiting to get back on the Saints roster when he became healthy enough and when the Saints needed him. He was never going to sign with another team. McAlister had a choice... his choice was to wait and join a good team poised for a Super Bowl run... and that's what he did.

Edited by nawlinsaintfan