Schefter: Expect New Long Snapper, No New Kicker

sporkdevil

I expect this not to go over well on the board:

"Adam_Schefter

Busy special teams day: Falcons working out long snappers and kickers. Expected change at long snapper, not at kicker."

I guess the timing is off?

"Adam_Schefter

Long snappers in Atlanta today: Joe Zelenka and Jeff Robinson. Kickers in Atlanta: Matt Bryant and Paul Edinger."

Edited by sporkdevil

such bull s###...the long snapper is not the problem. Talk about beating around the bush. LET ELAM GO!!!!!!

Don't be so sure of that, the long snapper is the fulcrum to the kicking game be it a punt or field goal attempt. Considering a punt was blocked AND there was another missed FG, it's worth investigating the long snapper. Outside of my opinion, I trust the Special Teams coaches, who have the Falcons playing great special teams over anyone here.

:o:o UNBELIVEABLE...Everyone in the FO is apparently BLIND as HELLLLLL!!!

There HAS to be something else behind the FO's reluctance to cut this guys...has to be!! <_<<_<

Right, like there might be another issue outside of the kicker and holder. Elam's not missing with distance he's probably missing because of timing.

Ok so that's 1 team out of 32...

If you look around the league, most place kickers are identical. From top to bottom, there is not much difference between their abilities and accuracies. Why sign Bryant if you already have a good kicker?

Notice, not many teams just draft a new kicker every couple years.