Pathetic

Do most of you who bash the team know that this team is building from youth? That's why we didn't sign any vets beside Peterson....Also, do you know the plan TD and Smith had drawn up for the team? Do you know if this vet will fit the plan or the system we are running? This is pathetic how so many of you bash the management when something is going wrong and does not do what you want. What you want may not be the best for the team in the long run? Quit Bashing start supporting....built a true fan base. Strong fan base helped team be more competitive. Look at Mississippi State, a week teams but the strong fan base help the team be more competitive. So quit the whining or become the aints, pats, colts, or other teams fan.

Do most of you who bash the team know that this team is building from youth? That's why we didn't sign any vets beside Peterson....Also, do you know the plan TD and Smith had drawn up for the team? Do you know if this vet will fit the plan or the system we are running? This is pathetic how so many of you bash the management when something is going wrong and does not do what you want. What you want may not be the best for the team in the long run? Quit Bashing start supporting....built a true fan base. Strong fan base helped team be more competitive. Look at Mississippi State, a week teams but the strong fan base help the team be more competitive. So quit the whining or become the aints, pats, colts, or other teams fan.

Dude....do you realize we have been rebuilding since 1966? I know there has to be something you wanna complain about.

If your looking for instant gratification best go watch the Colts or the Saints. If you not the patient fan then this team is definalty not for.

I'm not sure how Chris Houston, Chevis Jackson and Jamaal Anderson are TD's fault. We are still working the roster from McKay's reign of terror. We already cut several veterans in the offseason. Should we have just cut the enite team?

Edited by atl falcon 89

What frustrates us is that we were a better team than the Saints last year. Now they are headed deep in the playoffs and it's in large part to signing guys that the Falcons could have made a play on. Plus, it's apparent that a lot of the young guys aren't any good.

Chevis Jackson?

I like him. He is a prototyp cover 2 corner. But the falcons do not run a cover 2. Because the MLB(Lofton) cannot do the job in a cover 2. And then the cover 2 corners are getting exposed in man to man.

Chevis Jackson was drafted by Dimitroff by the way....In my opinon with good reasons or like Mike Mayock explained it: protoyp cover 2 corner....

What frustrates us is that we were a better team than the Saints last year. Now they are headed deep in the playoffs and it's in large part to signing guys that the Falcons could have made a play on. Plus, it's apparent that a lot of the young guys aren't any good.

Amen!

If your looking for instant gratification best go watch the Colts or the Saints. If you not the patient fan then this team is definalty not for.

I'm not sure how Chris Houston, Chevis Jackson and Jamaal Anderson are TD's fault. We are still working the roster from McKay's reign of terror. We already cut several veterans in the offseason. Should we have just cut the enite team?

So, just out of curiosity, are you aware that the Colts have started rookies at both CB positions for the last 5 games? One of them was a free agent.

In those games, they've beated the Patriots and the vaunted Texans passing offense twice.

So either the Falcons aren't bringing in good players, or the coaches aren't getting it done. The youth excuse really doesn't fly.

Chevis Jackson?

I like him. He is a prototyp cover 2 corner. But the falcons do not run a cover 2. Because the MLB(Lofton) cannot do the job in a cover 2. And then the cover 2 corners are getting exposed in man to man.

Chevis Jackson was drafted by Dimitroff by the way....In my opinon with good reasons or like Mike Mayock explained it: protoyp cover 2 corner....

So is this another reason why we suck at defense...we cant run other defenses. Man, we are really in a hole.

So, just out of curiosity, are you aware that the Colts have started rookies at both CB positions for the last 5 games? One of them was a free agent.

In those games, they've beated the Patriots and the vaunted Texans passing offense twice.

So either the Falcons aren't bringing in good players, or the coaches aren't getting it done. The youth excuse really doesn't fly.

Amen x2!!

I agree we were the "better" team last year, but our schedule was definitely easier than it is this year, and we were fortunate with injuries. On top of that the coaching staff was fresh and took a lot of teams by surprise last year.

The Saints made decent moves on defense and that is what propelled them this year. On top of that if you look at their schedule all of their tough games are at home. Their toughest road game arguably was the Eagles game in week 2 when Mcnabb was out. They play(ed) the Pats, Giants, and Cowboys at home. We played those same teams on the road, and 2 of them were coming off of bye weeks. Did the Saints have to deal with that? No.

I'm not making excuses I'm just saying that it isn't as cut and dry as saying we were better than them last year and we regressed while they progressed. They found a defense, got a much more favorable schedule, and have been able to avoid injuries outside of their secondary.

yeah, but saints will be a bad team again in a few years and then need to rebuild. I think it's better to be competitive the next 10years to come then just have one good season and then suck again. how do you know our younger guys aren't any good? you didn't see mcuh from them, there were injuries, we had a tough schedule and players need to develop.

yeah, but saints will be a bad team again in a few years and then need to rebuild. I think it's better to be competitive the next 10years to come then just have one good season and then suck again. how do you know our younger guys aren't any good? you didn't see mcuh from them, there were injuries, we had a tough schedule and players need to develop.

The Colts are playing good D with two rookie cornerbacks, I don't want to hear how our guys can't get it done because they have only been in the league three years.

And I disagree that the Saints are going to be bad any time soon. They are set up for sustained success.

And I disagree that the Saints are going to be bad any time soon. They are set up for sustained success.

with three 30+ year old DBs, an old QB etc.? think they have that easy schedule every season? think they ahve that injury luck every season? think they have the refs on their side every season? NO

The Colts are playing good D with two rookie cornerbacks, I don't want to hear how our guys can't get it done because they have only been in the league three years.

Colts have a pass rush? and it's like with ryan some players don't need that much time, but they're rare.

There is no chance the Saints would be undefeated with our schedule. They don't have a road test this year, and unfortunately are going to end up getting home field advantage due to that. Everyone knows how tough we play at home, especially when we are healthy. The Saints are the similar. Yes they have won their road games, but look at the teams and situations they have played those teams on the road.

Are the Saints for real? Yes. Do I think they would be 11-0 with our exact schedule, teams coming off bye weeks and everything? No not a chance.

I agree they are set up for long term success, and we are building that same success. Sean Payton and the Saints front office didn't build that team in 2 seasons. It's going to take time. TD has made some great moves, and has missed on some things. You can't call 100% of the things that seem like misses busts yet though since it's only the second year. If we're still talking like this 2 years from now, sure, but I doubt we will be. We won't have schedules like this every year, with such tough road games, and a really early bye week. We also won't be this riddled with injuries either.

If you take out the equivalent of the people we are missing from any other team, they would have the same record as us, and that's a best case scenario.

Mathis and Freeney would make Tye Hill look like Asomaugh