THE ANTICIPATED VICK RETURN!

Now i know a lot of people are tired of hearing about Vick HE11 so am i, but i have to comment on what ive been reading about him, on this board, the past few days.

i dont care if you like vick or not, IMO many people who dislike him, dislike him because what he did to those animals. And thats fine. i personally believe vick WAS a great player. and was a MAJOR factor in the Falcons turning the franchise around. so he didnt bring a championship to ATL, Dan Marino didnt win one either. i see a lot of people compare Matt Ryan to VICk , Ryan has only been in the league for a year and a half. im not sayin he is a bad player, im am impressed with what he did his first year, but lets turn back the clocks. Vicks first year, as a starter, 9-6-1 with a BS loss to the Browns last game. with a win against GREENBAY in GREENBAY, pretty good to me, the next year he breaks his leg, on a horse collar tackle, his next fully year as a starter 11-5 with a trip to the NFC title game.

so Vick didnt have back-to-back winning seasons, but im pretty sure everyone reading this post can name the only ATL QB that has.... oh wait..!!

im in no way tryin to insult anyone intelligence who reads this post, but put the personal life of MV7 aside, MV7 won games for the Falcons, and i know there are a lot of you who can admit that A LOT of games were lost because the Defense. i know ill cheer for him and i hope he does well, not against the falcons though.

Now i know a lot of people are tired of hearing about Vick HE11 so am i, but i have to comment on what ive been reading about him, on this board, the past few days.

i dont care if you like vick or not, IMO many people who dislike him, dislike him because what he did to those animals. And thats fine. i personally believe vick WAS a great player. and was a MAJOR factor in the Falcons turning the franchise around. so he didnt bring a championship to ATL, Dan Marino didnt win one either. i see a lot of people compare Matt Ryan to VICk , Ryan has only been in the league for a year and a half. im not sayin he is a bad player, im am impressed with what he did his first year, but lets turn back the clocks. Vicks first year, as a starter, 9-6-1 with a BS loss to the Browns last game. with a win against GREENBAY in GREENBAY, pretty good to me, the next year he breaks his leg, on a horse collar tackle, his next fully year as a starter 11-5 with a trip to the NFC title game.

so Vick didnt have back-to-back winning seasons, but im pretty sure everyone reading this post can name the only ATL QB that has.... oh wait..!!

im in no way tryin to insult anyone intelligence who reads this post, but put the personal life of MV7 aside, MV7 won games for the Falcons, and i know there are a lot of you who can admit that A LOT of games were lost because the Defense. i know ill cheer for him and i hope he does well, not against the falcons though.

Mike Vick plays...I mean sits for the Philadelphia Eagles. They are the enemy and if he thinks this is his town...he'll find out different. Of course there will be those faithful that will cheer for him, but they can go back to Philly with him. "Everyone love Mike Vick". Ahhh memories!

Guest The Masked Falcon

I just don't care. Seriously.

I don't wish anything bad for the guy but there are people in this world who have tragedies visited upon them every day (like sick children, lost jobs through no fault of their own) who are much more deserving of my good wishes and hopes for success than one Michael Dwayne Vick.

I don't care what happens to him.

I loved Vick when he played for us (and even before that in his VT days), but I don't see any reason to cheer for him or give him any thanks for what he did for us when he returns. He should have been a great player, but through his own laziness and stupidity squandered perhaps the most extensive package of talent a player has ever had in this league. Throughout this whole process he has made it abundantly clear that he cares little for the people whose undying affection he commands, barely offering even an apology for his actions that cost his fans so much heartache and a number of people their jobs.

Why should I cheer for someone who, even after all he has done, has the gall to call this "his city"?

Mike Vick is in a tough spot right now and he

would do well to realize he doesn't own Atlanta.

He is not real popular in Philly when he comes

in and "breaks up the momentum" as a guy said on

Sirius this afternoon. Maybe some team will give

him a chance next year and he can find traction.

Edited by LADBABY

How many plays does Vick get a game? About 6? He is something like 3 for 9 in passing for a total of 6 yards. They are calling it a Bust, Philly picking up Vick. Vick coming to Atlanta? Who cares.....and with stats like his, I hope they do put him in.....Gives the Falcons a better chance of winning.

I cant believe some folks are still hung up on mike vicks nuts! Wake up!!!!

The guy smoked pot, killed dogs, did a bunch of illegal stuff, lied to everybody, and dragged the team that did everything for him down....I'm sorry but, everything that mike vick did good (which was few and far between) went out the door with him.

Also he betrayed alot of FALCONS fans......

Now, are you a vick fan or a Falcons fan? If your a vick fan, I suggest you go follow his nuts to philly!

Fact: Vick is a convicted felon that did despicable things to one of the most precious creatures God put on this Earth.

Fact: Vick was NOT a great player. He was a great athlete with plenty of potential that was never realized.

Fact: Vick didn't put in the maximum effort required to realize that potential and therefore was nothing more than mediocre.

Fact: Vick did a ton of damage to the team, the fans and the franchise image by being a selfish, immature punk.

That's why I can't stand Vick, it goes far beyond his crimes--that was just the icing on the cake...

fact is atlanta allows special people to come into the stadium... glad that they let him back in there also. he is a special guy, he should get a special parking spot too............ oops. did i give it away. my bad, sorry.......... will accept my few negative ones for this post as i am a neutral fan......

How many plays does Vick get a game? About 6? He is something like 3 for 9 in passing for a total of 6 yards. They are calling it a Bust, Philly picking up Vick. Vick coming to Atlanta? Who cares.....and with stats like his, I hope they do put him in.....Gives the Falcons a better chance of winning.

I dont't know how they are calling it a bust. I'm sure its hard getting into a rhythm when you come in for a play at a time. You cant judge whether he's a bust or not on 9 passes.

Vick was part exciting and part excruciating to watch play at times. He had an embarrassment of physical talent that he relied on to win games but, when opposing teams figured out how to defend him he could never adjust to how they were playing them. I'm happy that he got another chance to play in this league but, when he and the Eagles come here Sunday they are the enemy and I hope we beat the crap out of them :angry: .

I dont't know how they are calling it a bust. I'm sure its hard getting into a rhythm when you come in for a play at a time. You cant judge whether he's a bust or not on 9 passes.

Well I think you can judge his effectiveness based on the fact that he's thrown the ball 9 times. Considering all the hoop-lah (as coach Romeo would put it) that was gone through and especially the potential talent of the athlete...I'd say "bust" is an in-bounds term to use.

I liked Vick a lot...he was a lot of fun to watch. But he was equally responsible for the crash after the turnaround he gave us, how can we forget that? He is wearing a Philadelphia Eagles jersey, how can we overlook that? I wouldn't even cheer for Matt Ryan if he was wearing a Philadelphia Eagles jersey, why in tarnation would I cheer for Vick? He will be hearing my full forced boos on Sunday, he might even catch a glimpse of my middle finger as a return favor.

They know . They just choose to whine because they can. It is the Victim mentality. I am so use to it, I really don't care anymore. Good post and I hope he is able to get on next season and resume his career.

He is a gimmick and gadget player whose gimmicks and gadgets never work, so who cares? He was a dude who at one time was the fastest player in the NFL at a position that has never seen that kind of speed.

Once that shine wore off and people saw how bad he sucked though people stopped caring.

He was here, and now he's gone, BFD.

Wouldn't be surprised to see his passes (if he has any) go for 50+ yards and his runs (if he has any) go for 20+ against our defense though. We're the only defense in the league who makes every single crappy to mediocre player look like an All Pro.

Fact: Vick is a convicted felon that did despicable things to one of the most precious creatures God put on this Earth.

Fact: Vick was NOT a great player. He was a great athlete with plenty of potential that was never realized.

Fact: Vick didn't put in the maximum effort required to realize that potential and therefore was nothing more than mediocre.

Fact: Vick did a ton of damage to the team, the fans and the franchise image by being a selfish, immature punk.

That's why I can't stand Vick, it goes far beyond his crimes--that was just the icing on the cake...

gotta say i agree with you there Cappy!!!