Redman did well Sunday against a Defense older than Moses

C'mon guys. I have a little faith. I hope he goes off like no other. But lets be realistic here.

Remember in 07 when Redman played against TB and had a QB rating of like 3 or something?

This guy is not Tom Brady coming off the bench when Drew Bledsoe was hurt.

He's well studied I'm sure. He played well in college. But holding a clipboard is totally different than the Philadelphia Eagles blitzing schemes.

Yes, there is a chance that Redman can go off. But there is also a chance that he will die Sunday.

Let's be clear....the only two guys on the Yucs defense these days older than 30 are Ronde Barber and Chris Hovan. Just about every other guy playing on that defense is relatively young. Now, if you want to say that they aren't really that good, than I will buy that. But, they have gotten considerably younger over the past year or two.

And, yes you are also correct that the Eaglets will present a completely different test for Redman on Sunday. However, that same Eaglet defense also gave up 24 points to a one-dimensional Redskins offense led by Jason Campbell yesterday.

C'mon guys. I have a little faith. I hope he goes off like no other. But lets be realistic here.

Remember in 07 when Redman played against TB and had a QB rating of like 3 or something?

He's well studied I'm sure. He played well in college. But holding a clipboard is totally different than the Philadelphia Eagles blitzing schemes.

Yes, there is a chance that Redman can go off. But there is also a chance that he will die Sunday.

No need for us to be negative about Redman yet. We just have to wait and see how he does. Redman isn't a Tom Brady coming into the game for Dew Bledsoe but with that being said I believe he is better then many of the backup QBs in the league and also better then atleast a couple of starters in the league.

If Redman protects the ball very well, and moves the ball some, then I think we have a chance.

However, if he throws a pick 6 or Jake Delhommes it, then I think the team will give up on him.

Did he give up on this team in 2007? This team was in peril, and he stood there with us to take the pain. He could have quit like Bobby Petrino, and cried like Deangelo Hall. No, he too an opportunity, and made the best of it.

and this guy called me negative :lol::lol:

The same tampa bay team that beat green bay <_<

Edited by L

I'm not going to complain. The way that Redman played Sunday impressed me because it showed me he's working hard at the mental aspect of the game, not just standing around doing nothing, collecting a check. In a very difficult situation, he had to come in cold having had little or no reps during practice. He was obviously ready to play mentally. Give him a week with the offense putting in the game plan and we'll get a better idea. Don't forget, the Tampa D we faced is not the same D they've been playing (and sucking with) all year. They went back to their old style Tampa 2, which all the vets are well familiar with, so we had schematic issues to deal with as well.

It sucks that Matt got hurt but I'm glad we have Redman. I can't think of any unsigned QB out there that I would rather have right now. It wasn't long ago that we would be looking Harrington or Leftwich.