Anybody watching NFL primetime?

nolafan33

micheal vick was a match up nightmare but he was still bad at his position the same applys to reggie bush

This is what I hate about casual fans. Tell me master debater, what position does Reggie Bush play?

And if you say Running Back, You fail!

If I had to describe Reggie's "position" on our team... It wouldn't be a traditional one... I'd call it... "Touchdown Back".

I'll take that.

We might be screwed... Greer, Porter, Bush, and Moore officially out for tonight. That means Gay and Jenkins are our starting CBs.

Someone may score 50 tonight, and that may not win it.

*sigh*

Looks like that may be the saints scoring 50 tonight. Brees making New England's secondary look like they have Brent Grimes and Chris Houston out there.

I didn't think McKenzie and McAlister were going to play tonight (only been on the team a week or 2)... both played amazing... that was the difference.

Imagine when we actually get our starters back?!?!?!

ph34r.gif

My insider told me Saturday that McaAlister was a sure go, and that if Greer couldn't go Mckenzie would be active. If Greer could go, Mckenzie would be inactive. Turned out to be correct.

just because reggie bush FAILS at runningback we are inventing new positions for him?

fine! michael vick wasnt a QB he was a QUARTERTAILBACK....that position isnt held down by meaningless QB stats....you make a fine point...but touchdownback for reggie bush fails sense he has less td's then turner and williams and many other runningbacks outside our division...nice try though ******

No asshat... We aren't inventing anything. Offensive coordinators and Head Coaches are. The days of the "Every Down Traditional Running Back" are nearly over. They are fewer and farther between. Nearly all successful teams now have a running back rotation and a "mis match or situational player" that they use as a WR, RB, Split End, etc.

That's what Reggie is... he's not... never will be... or should be considered a traditional "casual fan" version of a running back. The guy creates mis matches... scores points... and creates 1st downs.

Call him what you want... When he's on the field... he puts points on the board. Comapring him to Williams and Turner is like comparing apples to bowling balls... Reggie is not an every down player or traditional RB... and he's not going to account for 50% or more of our offense (especially with all of the weapons we have).

If you want to comapre something.... compare how many TDs each player scores per touch. At least that would be comparing apples to apples.

Edited by nawlinsaintfan

Reggie Bush IS a matchup nightmare.

Lucky for the defense, he really loves running out of bounds.

Thanks to that, he'll be a matchup nightmare for years to come.

anybody who has been around knows I have been critical of Bush, but he was playing different this season. Payton didn't play him much early because he wanted to make sure the knee was 100% healed. Bush was just getting back into the offense and he was not going out of bounds, he was hitting holes quickly, and was not dancing as much. Too bad he tweaked his knee trying to recover Colston's fumble on the Rams' goal line

anybody who has been around knows I have been critical of Bush, but he was playing different this season. Payton didn't play him much early because he wanted to make sure the knee was 100% healed. Bush was just getting back into the offense and he was not going out of bounds, he was hitting holes quickly, and was not dancing as much. Too bad he tweaked his knee trying to recover Colston's fumble on the Rams' goal line

WELL .... THE PAT's OUGHT TO BE GLAD THAT REGGIE DIDN'T PLAY LAST NIGHT.

HE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE A SHARK WHO SMELLED BLOOD IN THE WATER. AND THATS

A FACT. THATS RIGHT .... I'M PRO-REGGIE! :rolleyes: