Weis officially let go from ND.... any biters?

Falco4

I know that there are a lot of peeps who think that Mularkey is doing a poor job this year. With that said, Jesus cut Charlie Weis from Notre Dame just now. Should TD consider brining in Weis as an OC? I'm sure there will be some communication because of the TD/Weis/New England connection. What do ya'll think???

Mularkey isn't going anywhere. They are trying to create the same environment that Peyton has. He's had the same OC for his entire career.

Even though I think Mularkey sucks

Weren't there a bunch of rumours that Mularkey would be trying to get a head coaching job after this season?

No. I am in the camp that thinks TD got us this far, so we should have faith that he'll take us the rest of the way. A new OC would mean that the team has to learn a new playbook and that would set us back a year. I think the direction we are going now is a good one. We just need to be patient and let it work.

Are you suggesting that we trust "The Process"?

oh my.

No. I am in the camp that thinks TD got us this far, so we should have faith that he'll take us the rest of the way. A new OC would mean that the team has to learn a new playbook and that would set us back a year. I think the direction we are going now is a good one. We just need to be patient and let it work.

I think you make a very valid point: The offense would have to learn an entirely new playbook. This would be the largest "con" of the argument. However, are we hitching our wagons to the wrong ox (in mularkey)? I mean, are we going to be complaining about this offense 5 years down the road? And what has more risk? Changing the offense now or 5 years down the road when everyone has already acclimated to the system. This is what I'm scared about the most.

I know that there are a lot of peeps who think that Mularkey is doing a poor job this year. With that said, Jesus cut Charlie Weis from Notre Dame just now. Should TD consider brining in Weis as an OC? I'm sure there will be some communication because of the TD/Weis/New England connection. What do ya'll think???

If ND just released him, then I need to start going to ESPN.com before I come hear.....I hadn't heard that, but then again, I was having an argument w/my 7 year old.

Personally, I think this is a bad move by ND. They will never reach their glory days if they keep firing coaches. Every time it happens it hurts recruiting. Weis had the program going in the right direction. He made the best of what he had. They were in every game they played. They either won games or lost game late. And they did it against better teams than they played 5 years ago. Clearly they weren't a BCS team when they got killed in the sugar bowl and they still aren't. But they are closer. I think that in 2 years they would have been winning those close games they lost. The program has taken a big step back. Now they really need a big name to bring in talent. Something that Weis was laying the ground work for.

I agree with this. People do not have patience anymore. It takes several years before they are ready to completely unleash everything, at any point & time during a game. Mularky has been a proven success as an NFL OC, let the process complete.

That said, Weiss is a heck of an NFL OC & if Mularky leaves for a HC position somewhere, I definitely would not be opposed to Weiss replacing him.