Sac we need info

ugadawg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DL? Garner isn't going anywhere. He's our best recruiter and a heck of a DL coach.

The only coaches in the hot seat would be Willie for sure (DC/DBs) and perhaps Jancek (LBs).

Most people think if Willie is let go and Garner is passed over for the DC job then he's going to leave as well. Both UT and Auburn went after him last year specifically for his recruiting ties and DT coaching skills but he wants to be a DC or HC very badly.

Most people think if Willie is let go and Garner is passed over for the DC job then he's going to leave as well. Both UT and Auburn went after him last year specifically for his recruiting ties and DT coaching skills but he wants to be a DC or HC very badly.

I'm aware that he's been wanting a promotion for a while now. I just don't think he'll be going anywhere though.

Alright Sac it is Monday have you started hearing any names mentioned as new DC,LB,DL, or CB coaches.

Any info on recruits after the game

First off there are a lot of rumors right now flying around. I saw an article where the players like jeff owens and joe cox are waondering what is happening. Nothing will come out today IMO, but i can't see CMR waiting too long to announce staff changes. The sooner you do it the better.

Here is what I feel will happen with all I have heard (again lots of rumors):

Willie is gone. He won't be retained as db coach either.

The rest I really have no idea, because it's impossible to separate fact from fiction. I know what I hope happens.

Some stuff is trickling in like Garrison smith was in usc for the usc/ucla game. That was expected however due to his past comments.

TJ Stripling met with rodney garner on monday and he said he is 100% dawg and he bleeds red and black.

I know ut mods have said they know of a uga commit who is going to switch to uga, but this is the same bunch that guaranteed marlon brown to ut and that austin long was considering ut as well. FWIW

UGA is out visiting commits and there will be more info out there soon.

thanks this is a very touchy time. actually exciting in some ways. With the talent we have recruited in over the last several years if we make the correct selection our new DC could make some good things happen for us. I think CMR will be on the phone alot this week with coaches and especially recruits confirming his dedication and expecting theirs.

Really hope we can keep Martinez as DB coach and Garner on staff. I think it would be a blow to lose Garner.

garner is a tremendous coach and recruiter. One of the best in the business. I would have to lose him even to a head coaching job at like tennessee tech for instance because if he doesn't succeed there he will be back on the market and could end up back at UT. He turned down a whole lot that was promised at UT to stay and coach at UGA. Someone I know saw the offer he was given and boy was it something. Willie can go for all I care. I think we can find a db coach.

garner is a tremendous coach and recruiter. One of the best in the business. I would have to lose him even to a head coaching job at like tennessee tech for instance because if he doesn't succeed there he will be back on the market and could end up back at UT. He turned down a whole lot that was promised at UT to stay and coach at UGA. Someone I know saw the offer he was given and boy was it something. Willie can go for all I care. I think we can find a db coach.

I'm really worried we'll lose both Garner and Searels. If we can keep either, preferably both, it would be awesome. They are both amazing coaches.

Really hope we can keep Martinez as DB coach and Garner on staff. I think it would be a blow to lose Garner.

maybe if had more time to focus on it, but since he took over DC the secondary has been one of the worst units. Against GT Evans and Cuff were the worst on the field.

I'm really worried we'll lose both Garner and Searels. If we can keep either, preferably both, it would be awesome. They are both amazing coaches.

me too.. if mack brown retires and will finally takes over i expect them to go after CSS. I hope we can keep garner and searels and just add some quality coaches.

hey sac i heard a rumor about bob sanders becoming our new D coordinator. He was the packers D coordinator for three years until coming over to the bills this season i believe? heard that name at all?

yep heard it a few weeks ago regarding the rumor, but i remember him because he coached on the gators in the mid 90s. I wouldn't be that upset with him being our D coordinator if that is the case. He has a nice bio and knows the SEC and he is an nfl guy.

yep heard it a few weeks ago regarding the rumor, but i remember him because he coached on the gators in the mid 90s. I wouldn't be that upset with him being our D coordinator if that is the case. He has a nice bio and knows the SEC and he is an nfl guy.

I also read somewhere someone talking about his coaching style and it seemed alot like willie. Alot of pressure with just the 4 man front and not many blitzes. With all of our top DT leaving and still not a consistent DE in sight here i hope thats not true (in that hes not just like willie)

Only if we could bring in Dungy. Him and richt teamed up for the all-pro dad thing. We would be a RECRUITING JUGGERNAUT if he came. Who wouldnt want to play for freaking tony dungy.

I would settle for Dic k LeBeau though :rolleyes:

Edited by Ronaldo77

I also read somewhere someone talking about his coaching style and it seemed alot like willie. Alot of pressure with just the 4 man front and not many blitzes. With all of our top DT leaving and still not a consistent DE in sight here i hope thats not true (in that hes not just like willie)

Only if we could bring in Dungy. Him and richt teamed up for the all-pro dad thing. We would be a RECRUITING JUGGERNAUT if he came. Who wouldnt want to play for freaking tony dungy.

I would settle for Dic k LeBeau though :rolleyes:

there are a lot of great coordinators who expect their front 4 to put pressure on the ball.. that's not uncommon and yes even willie will blitz.. willie just stinks at making changes and making the right calls.. dungy is busy trying to save athletes like mike vick or working with cmr on helping these young men to become great fathers to consider coaching again and that's great for him. Recruiting is not a problem for uga. Having solid coaching is.

Okay I will post this, but it's from someone who has pretty reliable in the past.

He has heard the following:

Fabris, CJJ, and CWM have been told they will not be retained for 2010. Rodney Garner will stay unless he gets a DC/HC job. Rodney won't be handed the DC job. He would have to interview like anyone else if he is considered.

Saban will not allow Kirby Smart to be interviewed this week due to the SECCG.

Jon Tenuta is just one of a handful of guys high on their DC list.

Okay I will post this, but it's from someone who has pretty reliable in the past.

Fabris, CJJ, and CWM have been told they will not be retained for 2010. Rodney Garner will stay unless he gets a DC/HC job. Rodney won't be handed the DC job. He would have to interview like anyone else if he is considered.

Is the above implying that he thinks we will/will try to interview Kirby Smart? Doesn't make much sense unless we triple his salary or something.

I really hope we don't get Tenuta. I just don't think he is very good and I am sure he won't fit in with the current staff.

I don't see Mack Brown retiring this year or really in the next couple. I think Muschamp should be approached for sure. He probably won't leave, but it isn't like he is going to be TX's HC very soon unless they have a FSU-like collapse.

I hope we keep Rodney, and I think we MUST keep Searels. It took him a few games, but he finally got that line clicking and once he finds his combination on the OL, they are really good.

I was watching MNF tonight and they were talking about a Dungy to ND rumor. One of the reporters whose name I should know and don't was saying that he called Tony directly and asked him and that Dungy said that he made the right decision to retire and the only way he would be coaching again is if it were for one of his kids peewee teams. So I think it is safe to say that he won't be coaching the UGA D next year. :lol:

Is the above implying that he thinks we will/will try to interview Kirby Smart? Doesn't make much sense unless we triple his salary or something.

Probably. He would be stupid not too and Kirby would be stupid to not interview for the job and at least get a pay raise out of it. He deserves it and since Daddy Warbucks is apparently one of Bama's boosters, it won't break the bank.