Tom is a just a young face for the same old Falcon regime...

Mr. Right

The new regime sold the fans on building the team the right way, but after the second year under Tom's rule, Falcons fans have come to realize that this new regime is the same as the old one. Our 2009 season is eerily similar to the 2005 and 2006 seasons where we started 6-2 only to end up 8-8 and 7-9. At 6-5 (with a godsend win against the Buccaneers), a failure to attain back to back winning seasons again is not far from reality.

I remember back during the Mora era, one of our glaring problems was the o-line. We had trouble protecting the quarterback and the only reason our run game was affective was because the defense had to account for Michael Vick. When Petrino took over and with Mike Vick was on leave, our rushing offense declined dramatically and Warrick Dunn failed to reach the 1000 yard mark for the first time since 2003.

Fastforward to today: While Mike Smith did attempt to instill a run first offense and our o-line do seem to be geared for that, we still sorely lack one thing - pass blocking. Yes our linemen have tenacity and nastiness i.e. Harvey Dahl, but at the same time are mediocre at protecting the quarterback. This was especially seen through this weekend's game against the Bucs.

You can make the excuse that our starters were injured, and our back ups could not pass protect, but you have to remember, Tim Crowder and Stylez White aren't exactly DeMarcus Ware and Albert Haynesworth.

So this begs the question. After years and years of terrible offensive line play, and now with Young Tom at the helm, is this problem still going to be ignored? Young Tom promised to build the team the right way, but right now, we haven't even built the trenches yet. We can't rush the opposing quarterback and we can't protect our own quarterback. The Falcons have had this problem for a while, yet Young Tom fails to recognize it.

Edited by Mr. Right

Look, we know you aren't a fan of this team, Vick-75, so all of your bellyaching only reminds me how we are defintely heading in the right direction. I know our success pisses you off, so you might want to buy some Tums, because Dimitroff, Smith and Ryan are building a franchise that is going to be very good for a long time.

I only want to help you. I know are so emotionally invested in our failure, I'm worried about a horrible ulser in your near future.

The new regime sold the fans on building the team the right way, but after the second year under Tom's rule, Falcons fans have come to realize that this new regime is the same as the old one. Our 2009 season is eerily similar to the 2005 and 2006 seasons where we started 6-2 only to end up 8-8 and 7-9. At 6-5 (with a godsend win against the Buccaneers), a failure to attain back to back winning seasons again is not far from reality.

I remember back during the Mora era, one of our glaring problems was the o-line. We had trouble protecting the quarterback and the only reason our run game was affective was because the defense had to account for Michael Vick. When Petrino took over and with Mike Vick was on leave, our rushing offense declined dramatically and Warrick Dunn failed to reach the 1000 yard mark for the first time since 2003.

Fastforward to today: While Mike Smith did attempt to instill a run first offense and our o-line do seem to be geared for that, we still sorely lack one thing - pass blocking. Yes our linemen have tenacity and nastiness i.e. Harvey Dahl, but at the same time are mediocre at protecting the quarterback. This was especially seen through this weekend's game against the Bucs.

You can make the excuse that our starters were injured, and our back ups could not pass protect, but you have to remember, Tim Crowder and Stylez White aren't exactly DeMarcus Ware and Albert Haynesworth.

So this begs the question. After years and years of terrible offensive line play, and now with Young Tom at the helm, is this problem still going to be ignored? Young Tom promised to build the team the right way, but right now, we haven't even built the trenches yet. We can't rush the opposing quarterback and we can't protect our own quarterback. The Falcons have had this problem for a while, yet Young Tom fails to recognize it.

You do realize that you will be labeled TOP TROLL for this don't you? I agree with the array of points made here

You do realize that you will be labeled TOP TROLL for this don't you? I agree with the array of points made here

He already is top troll. This same guy has plagued these boards for years. He has no interest what-so-ever in seeing the Falcons win. His comments aren't intended to be constructive, they are intended to be destructive.

Look, we know you aren't a fan of this team, Vick-75, so all of your bellyaching only reminds me how we are defintely heading in the right direction. I know our success pisses you off, so you might want to buy some Tums, because Dimitroff, Smith and Ryan are building a franchise that is going to be very good for a long time.

I only want to help you. I know are so emotionally invested in our failure, I'm worried about a horrible ulser in your near future.

If success to you means being sacked 6 times by a no name defensive line then you are right, your definition of success does piss me off.

This is such a moronic post....

To even give credence to your line of thought (and I use that word thought loosely in your case) you have to make the following assumptions:

1. The Falcons can get any great players to fill in the holes at will

2. The rookies and 2nd year draft players should be top caliber NFL players

3. The team isn't allowed to make any mistakes

4. Injuries don't happen.

5. Front office and coaches are infallible.

6. Growth isn't allowed....a player must be prefect from day 1.