Vick to Redman

IronHead34

I will preface this posting by saying: I want us to field the BEST possible team for next week. I am just putting this out there for the sake of curiosity.

If Matt Ryan cannot start and we have to throw Chris Redman out on the field next week, I think it would be a little ironic (or is it coincidence?) if the Falcons won while he was at the helm. The guy who gave us a little bit of hope after the YKW fiasco and the Harrington / Leftwich / coaching blunders could lead us to victory over the team who picked up the guy who embarrassed our franchise.

Like I said, I want us to field the best team, but I think Chris Redman starting would be interesting.

Your thoughts?

I love Redman as a backup...he's got good character and like you said, he got himself thru quite a bit of flak. he persevered and has earned his spot on the team. If he has to play and we win out - good, that's what a backup is supposed to do. This is still Matt's team and he is the future, but there are 52 other guys out there and this is a team game.

I will preface this posting by saying: I want us to field the BEST possible team for next week. I am just putting this out there for the sake of curiosity.

If Matt Ryan cannot start and we have to throw Chris Redman out on the field next week, I think it would be a little ironic (or is it coincidence?) if the Falcons won while he was at the helm. The guy who gave us a little bit of hope after the YKW fiasco and the Harrington / Leftwich / coaching blunders could lead us to victory over the team who picked up the guy who embarrassed our franchise.

Like I said, I want us to field the best team, but I think Chris Redman starting would be interesting.

Your thoughts?

I think that Ryan is more moble than Redman.

I think Ryan gets rid of the ball quicker than Redman.

I believe Redman throws a better deep ball than Ryan.

I believe Redman would throw fewer ints than Ryan.

Ryan was antsy when he was 100 percent.

How antsy will he be at less than 100 percent?

I'd play Redman.

Ryan was antsy when he was 100 percent.

How antsy will he be at less than 100 percent?

I'd play Redman.

Those are interesting thoughts. What I believe is "good" out of this injury is this, Ryan got three quarters of rest (lets hope that is all he needs to heal his foot / toe) he would otherwise not have had. With our early bye week, I think some of our guys needed a rest. Typically, you do not rest starters and win.

All that said, lets hope this rest helps Ryan to settle down and come back poised.

I would much rather start Ryan, but it would be fun (if we win) to start Redman as an "in your face, sucka!" to YKW.