ok...ok..ok, great game UGA fans..

crankdatfalcon

Thanks for returning the favor of what we did to yall last year running over yall. I guess 2 weeks was entirely too long to be preparing for yall. Although we had a chance to come back and win in the end, our run defense was MIA the whole game. Cox could of had another TD or 2 under his belt and the score wouldnt have been any close if the balls he threw were caught by the recievers. Even though we basically had nothing to play for but another win under the standings, it was a great game though and yes im here to eat the crow up til next year when we go up to athens with basically the same team again and more experience in this great offense and do what we did last year. I wish yall luck in the music city bowl if thats where yall end up playing, and until next year enjoy the win. I guess i can take my sig off now, just had to see it one more time.

Even though we basically had nothing to play for but another win under the standings,

He's alive!!! lol, well thanks, crankdatfalcon. Thank you for not making excuses, it was a great game. I can't wait to see how next year's version will turn out. Best of luck against Clemson next week, and against whoever y'all play in your bowl game.

well he got a small excuse in. It was a great game and I doubt either team over looked this one.

Nothing to play for my ***.

lol, well i mean come on. we already clinched the ACC..If we would have won, we wouldnt have jumped no higher in the BCS standings. Yea we dropped 3 spots but a win against clemson will get us into a great bowl game. But yea yall are right, there is no excuse to still not come out and play to win. yall were the better team this time around.

Thanks for returning the favor of what we did to yall last year running over yall. I guess 2 weeks was entirely too long to be preparing for yall. Although we had a chance to come back and win in the end, our run defense was MIA the whole game. Cox could of had another TD or 2 under his belt and the score wouldnt have been any close if the balls he threw were caught by the recievers. Even though we basically had nothing to play for but another win under the standings, it was a great game though and yes im here to eat the crow up til next year when we go up to athens with basically the same team again and more experience in this great offense and do what we did last year. I wish yall luck in the music city bowl if thats where yall end up playing, and until next year enjoy the win. I guess i can take my sig off now, just had to see it one more time.

lol, well i mean come on. we already clinched the ACC..If we would have won, we wouldnt have jumped no higher in the BCS standings. Yea we dropped 3 spots but a win against clemson will get us into a great bowl game. But yea yall are right, there is no excuse to still not come out and play to win. yall were the better team this time around.

Oh brother...

You shouldn't have said anything at all. :lol:

Told you not to sleep on us, crankdat. ;)

I know I'm in the minority of UGA fans by not running up the wall talking trash... it's really not important to me to dish it, at least not this year. We didn't rob Tech of anything in their season besides beating us (which is important to everyone on both sides, but let's face it... Tech has a bigger fish to fry this week). You guys can still end up in a BCS bowl and the best we can do is the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

So I give props to Tech on taking care of business all season long, but take pride in the fact we beat a very very good Georgia Tech team. I feel really good about it after the season we've had.

So good luck against Clemson and whatever bowl you guys end up in, whether it's the Orange Bowl or the Gator Bowl.

Told you not to sleep on us, crankdat. ;)

I know I'm in the minority of UGA fans by not running up the wall talking trash... it's really not important to me to dish it, at least not this year. We didn't rob Tech of anything in their season besides beating us (which is important to everyone on both sides, but let's face it... Tech has a bigger fish to fry this week). You guys can still end up in a BCS bowl and the best we can do is the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

So I give props to Tech on taking care of business all season long, but take pride in the fact we beat a very very good Georgia Tech team. I feel really good about it after the season we've had.

So good luck against Clemson and whatever bowl you guys end up in, whether it's the Orange Bowl or the Gator Bowl.

well said

Very classy of you crankdatfalcon. :D

I think UGA ends up like gt last year in the chick-fil-a bowl. I am hoping we play miami, but it could be vt. Gary S would love to get UGA back on his bowl game. Thanks for not providing excuses and you are dead right regarding the score. With how we were running if a few more guys caught balls (man we missed aj green) it would have been a bigger spread at the end. You guys now can move on and play clemson and it will be interesting to see how both teams rebound after losing their rivalry games. One thing I liked was how the gt players and coaches really encouraged d thomas after his drop. He is a heck of a wr and that one drop is not what he should be remembered for this year.

I leave with man with some GT Player quotes after the game:

Aback Roddy White:

On Fighting Back

“I thought we had a chance there at the end, and we did have a chance. We fought back hard. It was a crazy game again, but we dug ourselves into a hole in the first half.”

On Josh Nesbitt’s Injury

“I don’t know that it affected us that much. We know that football is a game where injuries happen. Nesbitt got hurt, Jaybo stepped up, and I thought Jaybo did a pretty good job. He came in, and managed the offense until Josh came back.”

On the Effect of the Bye Week

“I don’t think so, we just didn’t play well. The bye week was something that I thought was good for us, everybody came back refreshed and with a little bit of bounce in their step, but we just didn’t come out and play well tonight.”

On Looking Past Georgia to Clemson

“No. You never look past a rivalry like this. We knew that they were a talented team, and that they had a lot of guys that could make plays. They came out today and they played well and we didn’t. Now we’ve got to look towards the ACC Championship game.”

On the ACC Championship

“I think we will definitely use this as motivation for Clemson game. I know they lost their rivalry game too, so they are going to come out just as fired up and it is going to come down to execution. We’ve just got to come out this week and tune things up in practice and correct the mistakes that we made.”

Quarterback Josh Nesbitt

On Close Misses at the End of the Game

“That’s the type of game this is. It’s a dogfight, and a game of inches.”

On the ACC Championship

“We have just got to take all of our anger out on Clemson and play our hearts out in that game.”

On What Was Said to Demaryius Thomas After the Game

“Just keep your head up, you have done a lot of great things for this team, and don’t let one play define what you have done.”

B-Back Jonathan Dwyer

On Only Getting 33 Yards

“It wouldn’t matter if I ran for one hundred million yards tonight or zero. I just wanted to win the game. I don’t think we played our best game. They came out hungry and ready to play, and we didn’t respond.”

Very classy of you crankdatfalcon. :D

I think UGA ends up like gt last year in the chick-fil-a bowl. I am hoping we play miami, but it could be vt. Gary S would love to get UGA back on his bowl game. Thanks for not providing excuses and you are dead right regarding the score. With how we were running if a few more guys caught balls (man we missed aj green) it would have been a bigger spread at the end. You guys now can move on and play clemson and it will be interesting to see how both teams rebound after losing their rivalry games. One thing I liked was how the gt players and coaches really encouraged d thomas after his drop. He is a heck of a wr and that one drop is not what he should be remembered for this year.

Aback Roddy White:

On Fighting Back

“I thought we had a chance there at the end, and we did have a chance. We fought back hard. It was a crazy game again, but we dug ourselves into a hole in the first half.”

On Josh Nesbitt’s Injury

“I don’t know that it affected us that much. We know that football is a game where injuries happen. Nesbitt got hurt, Jaybo stepped up, and I thought Jaybo did a pretty good job. He came in, and managed the offense until Josh came back.”

“I don’t think so, we just didn’t play well. The bye week was something that I thought was good for us, everybody came back refreshed and with a little bit of bounce in their step, but we just didn’t come out and play well tonight.”

“No. You never look past a rivalry like this. We knew that they were a talented team, and that they had a lot of guys that could make plays. They came out today and they played well and we didn’t. Now we’ve got to look towards the ACC Championship game.”

On the ACC Championship

“I think we will definitely use this as motivation for Clemson game. I know they lost their rivalry game too, so they are going to come out just as fired up and it is going to come down to execution. We’ve just got to come out this week and tune things up in practice and correct the mistakes that we made.”

Quarterback Josh Nesbitt

On the ACC Championship

“We have just got to take all of our anger out on Clemson and play our hearts out in that game.”

“Just keep your head up, you have done a lot of great things for this team, and don’t let one play define what you have done.”

B-Back Jonathan Dwyer

On Only Getting 33 Yards

“It wouldn’t matter if I ran for one hundred million yards tonight or zero. I just wanted to win the game. I don’t think we played our best game. They came out hungry and ready to play, and we didn’t respond.”

i like the quotes, especially from demaryius. he has done alot of this team, and i hope he doesnt hang his head on that one missed ball no matter how big it was. But yea with AJ in the lineup, i probably wouldnt have came back to this forum after the embarrasement of aj probably scoring twice along with us being ran over all day long. But good luck to yall, i hope yall get to play miami in whatever bowl so we can feel better about ourselves for them beating us earlier on in the season. i hate it for clemson, you got a mad tech team coming after yall. much respect for cj spiller and his speed, but its on!!!!!

i like the quotes, especially from demaryius. he has done alot of this team, and i hope he doesnt hang his head on that one missed ball no matter how big it was. But yea with AJ in the lineup, i probably wouldnt have came back to this forum after the embarrasement of aj probably scoring twice along with us being ran over all day long. But good luck to yall, i hope yall get to play miami in whatever bowl so we can feel better about ourselves for them beating us earlier on in the season. i hate it for clemson, you got a mad tech team coming after yall. much respect for cj spiller and his speed, but its on!!!!!

I thought you would like the quotes. There is some good stuff there and I agree about thomas. He is a heck of a wr and it's just one mistake. We had a wr here who is more known for his drop (terrence edwards) than all of the great plays he did for uga and there were plenty of nice catches he did. I just hope AJ is healthy enough for our bowl game. I don't want to face a mami or vt without aj green. Yep it will be on in the acc title game. They played a great game earlier in the year. Should be very interesting to see what happens on saturday.

Aback Roddy White:

On Fighting Back

On Josh Nesbitt’s Injury

On the ACC Championship

Quarterback Josh Nesbitt

On the ACC Championship

B-Back Jonathan Dwyer

On Only Getting 33 Yards

classy kids. They stated it correctly. Both sides gave it their all. Both sides wanted to win. GT did not overlook UGA. 1 team just played a little better than the other. I hope GT is really pissed off and takes it out on Clem. Now that the rivalry game is over I can rout for the GA. kids and they compete for a conference championship and a bowl.

Why do Clemson and GT fans say they had nothing to play for when they lose? Its a state rivalry game. One game out of the year, that no matter what the circumstances its a game you show up for. If GT or Clemson had won it wouldve meant everything. I like the effort that some people put in with excuses, but a loss is a loss.

everyone had something to play for...now if Tech or Clemson loses, there goes that BCS invite likely, and slide on down to a lower tier bowl.

the winner goes to the orange, but the loser could end up at the champ sports bowl. miami or vt to chickfila, then the next team to the gator bowl (actually an fsu fan told me that it's on their board that if bowden is coaching fsu, the gator bowl will take them FWIW), and then the next bowl is the champs bowl and that could be the acc title game loser. Should be very interesting to see how far down the acc title game loser falls. I thought that the losing acc title team could only fall as far as the gator, but was told (correct me if I am wrong here) that is no longer the case.

the winner goes to the orange, but the loser could end up at the champ sports bowl. miami or vt to chickfila, then the next team to the gator bowl (actually an fsu fan told me that it's on their board that if bowden is coaching fsu, the gator bowl will take them FWIW), and then the next bowl is the champs bowl and that could be the acc title game loser. Should be very interesting to see how far down the acc title game loser falls. I thought that the losing acc title team could only fall as far as the gator, but was told (correct me if I am wrong here) that is no longer the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_bids_to_college_bowl_games#2009-10_Non-BCS_bowl_games

Next year the ACC title game loser is guaranteed to go no lower than the Sun Bowl, which picks in conjunction with the Gator Bowl. That team will play the Pac-10 #3 team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_bids_to_college_bowl_games#2009-10_Non-BCS_bowl_games

Next year the ACC title game loser is guaranteed to go no lower than the Sun Bowl, which picks in conjunction with the Gator Bowl. That team will play the Pac-10 #3 team.

carter the ACC loses the gator bowl next year to the SEC.

The Gator Bowl finalized an agreement with the Southeastern Conference and the Big Ten Conference. The Gator Bowl will alternate with the Insight Bowl for the Big Ten's #4 and #5 picks, while the bowl will have no lower than the #6 pick of SEC teams.[29]

The Champs bowl moves up and the sun moves in getting the 5th selection. So if you lose in the acc title game you can fall as far as the 5th pick.

carter the ACC loses the gator bowl next year to the SEC.

The Gator Bowl finalized an agreement with the Southeastern Conference and the Big Ten Conference. The Gator Bowl will alternate with the Insight Bowl for the Big Ten's #4 and #5 picks, while the bowl will have no lower than the #6 pick of SEC teams.[29]

The Champs bowl moves up and the sun moves in getting the 5th selection. So if you lose in the acc title game you can fall as far as the 5th pick.

Sorry, I misunderstood the article in posting it as quickly as I did. The Sun Bowl HAS been working in conjunction with the Gator Bowl.

The Brut Sun Bowl matches the Pac-10 Conference against either the Big 12 Conference, Big East Conference or the University of Notre Dame from 2006–09. The rotating deal will feature a Big 12 school twice over the next four years and a Big East school (#2 in the conference unless that school has qualified for the BCS) or Notre Dame twice from 2006–09. The Sun Bowl's selection is done in conjunction with the Gator Bowl during this contract, with the latter bowl having first choice of team to take. Since the Sun Bowl has taken Big East teams in both 2007 and 2008 (South Florida and Pittsburgh) it will take a Big 12 team in 2009. Starting in 2010, the Sun Bowl will match the Pac-10 against a team from the ACC. The ACC Championship Game loser is guaranteed to be selected no lower than this bowl with regards to the ACC's bowl partners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Bowl

The Sun Bowl this year could possibly be USC vs Oklahoma. Crazy as that sounds. It could also be Stanford vs Texas Tech. I know which one I wanna see. Unfortunately Texas Tech is a west Texas team so they might get the pick over Oklahoma because of that.