Matt Ryan is a long term investment

I still don't understand why Turner played today...we should've rested him for another week so that ankle could be stronger against the Eagles. What happened exactly with him though? I didn't get a chance to watch the game today, so I don't know if he may have tweaked his ankle and the coaches took him out as a precaution or it was something serious.

I still don't understand why Turner played today...we should've rested him for another week so that ankle could be stronger against the Eagles. What happened exactly with him though? I didn't get a chance to watch the game today, so I don't know if he may have tweaked his ankle and the coaches took him out as a precaution or it was something serious.

He got bent over backwards. A lot of his weight went on his ankle/knee.

About Turner...it looked more serious than the last one...he was on the ground for quite a while, and holding his leg up off the ground. I heard somewhere (can't remember where, on TV or something), that it was another sprain, but in a different place (whatever that means). I DO know he was favoring it pretty bad, when he left the field, and I don't expect him to be available for the game with Philly, which really hurts! I wish they would have given him more time to heal.

But yeah, Ryan is a long-term investment, and I hope they treat him as such. If he's 70 or 80%, then let him dress out, and be available ONLY if Redman can't get the job done.

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

in all honesty it was a vicious tackle, i think even if he was not hurt before that that tackle would have put him down anyway