My Best Guess Regarding Elam...

Elam is cut first thing Monday morning. Either Matt Bryant or Brandon Coutu is signed immediately afterward in time for our practices for this week. That kicker will remain our kicker for the remainder of the season. If it is Coutu and he does well, he will be looked at as our longtime kicker.

At least, that is what they SHOULD do. You gotta cut him now if for nothing else to prove to the rest of the players that unacceptable play like that is well, unacceptable.

Replacing Elam AIN'T gonna happen...in my opinion. I agree, we shouldn't give him the opportunity to "screw up" our playoff run by missing easy field goals. Short, but on line is one thing,....but wide left, is another...his accuracy just sucks this year!

Too much money on the line here, too, and "a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush"...meaning, I don't think they'll bring an unproven kicker in, to replace a (mostly) proven veteran, who may be able to work through his problems, if given the time. But do we have the time....that's the question.

Guess we'll just have to trust TD and Smitty to do the right thing. They know who they have "in the wings", and what their options are, a lot better than we do.

IN TD WE TRUST!!!

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

Replacing Elam AIN'T gonna happen...in my opinion. I agree, we shouldn't give him the opportunity to "screw up" our playoff run by missing easy field goals. Short, but on line is one thing,....but wide left, is another...his accuracy just sucks this year!

Too much money on the line here, too, and "a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush"...meaning, I don't think they'll bring an unproven kicker in, to replace a (mostly) proven veteran, who may be able to work through his problems, if given the time. But do we have the time....that's the question.

Guess we'll just have to trust TD and Smitty to do the right thing. They know who they have "in the wings", and what their options are, a lot better than we do.

IN TD WE TRUST!!!

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

i was giving elam the benefit of the doubt for a while now.

after the miami game i was saying he just had a bad game.

after the new orleans game i said he just had some problems he needed to work out and that he was a vet and could fix it.

after the carolina game i was extremely ticked but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

after the giants game i thought we should've cut him, but with a gimme game against the bucs we could probably spare a miss or two. if he missed even one kick he should be gone the following day.

and here we are. he should be AXED.