Ryans injury not serious

savage77

I believe that Ryan could have played today.

The coaching staff wanted to see if Redman could spark the Offense.

In a day full of dumb opinions, this one ranks in the top 5. Kudos.

Why the **** would the coaching staff put in a backup QB that hasn't had a regular season snap since 2007? What "spark" is he going to provide? Spark to the offense that scored 31 points last week? Ryan was in the game for one ******* series, the offense was not in need of a "spark". Good lord....

SC also reported that Turners has a high ankle sprain and would be out for a few weeks. SC also reported that the Braves signed... we shall see if he practices and how well wed. Thats honestly the best bet up until then everything is pure speculation unless he was able to actually to back into the game but they didnt want to b/c they thought they would be a 1-9 team.

Hoping this is true. I honestly was shocked to hear how serious it might be, considering that Matt was moving around on the sidelines / celebrating the winning TD with a few hops / joking and laughing with Roddy, etc. That just doesn't seem like the behavior of someone who thinks he's suffered season-ending damage, particularly when that player is someone with Matt's insane work ethic.

Hope you're right, dude. But I just don't know how much stock you can put in Sports Center's evaluation. We'll surely hope for the best, though. We need ALL of our guys back for the Philly game. In my mind, this is a one game playoff.

every game is a potential playoff game, i think it could still be a race to seven, that being seven losses, you get seven losses you are for sure done.

According to here ( http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/falcons-qb-ryan-has-ligament-damage-in-toe-mri-scheduled/ ) he has ligament damage in his toe and is getting a MRI on monday morning. Hopefully, it's not serious.

they cant necessarily know if ligament damage has been done until mri is done. i still think it was all precautionary

Let's relax. First, I don't think Turner should have played. If we needed Turner to beat TB we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway. As long as Norwood can play, along with Snelling, we'll be fine. Redman has proven that he can play and teams won't come at him in the same manner as Ryan. There's not much tape to review on Redman. But the biggest reason we can be easy is that Philly's top reciever Desean Jackson, whom would rip us a new A-hole sustained a concussion yesterday. He may be inactive and that would be big break for us.