I have a problem with the fans at today's game

durrdbyrd

I just got back home from Atlanta and I have to say that I was disappointed in many of my fellow Falcons fans this afternoon. First of all, I expected the crowd to be much larger than it was. I realize the Bucs have a terrible record so maybe it's not a "marquee matchup" but the Falcons are right in the middle of a playoff run so the Dome should have been packed. However, that's not my biggest issue. My biggest problem was with the large number of fans that left the game early. After Elam missed that kick, it was amazing how many people headed for the exits. Even more left after the Falcons gave up the ball right after that. By the time Roddy was securing the game with that great grab, I'd say the stadium was about half full. That's a shame. Why leave? Why not stick it out? Is beating traffic really worth abandoning the team and missing a great finish? I don't get it. I don't care if I had to sit in a jam for 3 hours, I'm not going anywhere. I don't care if we're down 20. I'm not going anywhere. I came to support my team and I'm sure as **** not going to leave them early. I just wish so many others felt the same. Thoughts from anyone else there?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back home from Atlanta and I have to say that I was disappointed in many of my fellow Falcons fans this afternoon. First of all, I expected the crowd to be much larger than it was. I realize the Bucs have a terrible record so maybe it's not a "marquee matchup" but the Falcons are right in the middle of a playoff run so the Dome should have been packed. However, that's not my biggest issue. My biggest problem was with the large number of fans that left the game early. After Elam missed that kick, it was amazing how many people headed for the exits. Even more left after the Falcons gave up the ball right after that. By the time Roddy was securing the game with that great grab, I'd say the stadium was about half full. That's a shame. Why leave? Why not stick it out? Is beating traffic really worth abandoning the team and missing a great finish? I don't get it. I don't care if I had to sit in a jam for 3 hours, I'm not going anywhere. I don't care if we're down 20. I'm not going anywhere. I came to support my team and I'm sure as **** not going to leave them early. I just wish so many others felt the same. Thoughts from anyone else there?

I'm at the dome every home game.

That's nothing new.

I simply wish the fans were louder when the opposing team has the ball on third down.

The Falcons fanbase needs improvment.

There is no excuse for it. I've complained about our fans often this year. The total lack of getting loud at the right moment, staying until the end, getting to your seat for KO, and the list goes on. We seem to have a great mix of ignorant and lazy fans. Kudos to you who stayed and participated like fans should.

There is no excuse for it. I've complained about our fans often this year. The total lack of getting loud at the right moment, staying until the end, getting to your seat for KO, and the list goes on. We seem to have a great mix of ignorant and lazy fans. Kudos to you who stayed and participated like fans should.

There was a perfectly good "Lets go Falcons!" chant building up on one of our late drives and the stadium people had to douse it with their stupid Red Zone highlights. I hate when they do that... they have no feeling for what's going on in the game.

Wasn't there...but it happens to every team. I remember when we played Tampa towards the end of '05 and we went to OT and they fumbled the kickoff. Everyone was clearing out of the stadium...then we got to 4th down and they blocked the kick, the remaining fans were screaming so of course they all ran back to their seats.

There was a perfectly good "Lets go Falcons!" chant building up on one of our late drives and the stadium people had to douse it with their stupid Red Zone highlights. I hate when they do that... they have no feeling for what's going on in the game.

There was another time when it was a tampa third down the crowd was beginning to get in to it and they show a eagles/wash. game update on the screen> I was floored

I said this yesterday. We are still alive. Why are Atl fans not taking our games seriously anymore?!!

Wasn't there...but it happens to every team. I remember when we played Tampa towards the end of '05 and we went to OT and they fumbled the kickoff. Everyone was clearing out of the stadium...then we got to 4th down and they blocked the kick, the remaining fans were screaming so of course they all ran back to their seats.

Hated that ****in day!

If your going to do all of that anyways, then why whine about it on here? People leaving early is nothing new. You payed your hard earned money and stayed to the end, the people who left early paid their hard earned money and left early, so what. People leave early when we are winning big too.

I'm at the dome every home game.

That's nothing new.

I simply wish the fans were louder when the opposing team has the ball on third down.

The Falcons fanbase needs improvment.

I have to agree with you there^^^^^^^^^. I refuse to leave a game until the clock reads triple zeroes and get embarrassed when opposing fans outnumber and show more spirit than we do. I believe those "fans" who leave the game early should give their tickets to charities or someone who will appreciate 11 guys playing their heart out for their city.

If your going to do all of that anyways, then why whine about it on here? People leaving early is nothing new. You payed your hard earned money and stayed to the end, the people who left early paid their hard earned money and left early, so what. People leave early when we are winning big too.

By your logic, there's really no point in having a message board. I had a complaint and I came here to voice that complaint. Why are you whining about me "whining"? I take it you're one of the ones that left early. <_<

By your logic, there's really no point in having a message board. I had a complaint and I came here to voice that complaint. Why are you whining about me "whining"? I take it you're one of the ones that left early. <_<

If you didn't complain to the people who you actually saw leaving, what does complaining on a topic that gets made multiple times each home game do? This isn't brand new. If I was to leave any game early, I would strong arm past somebody like you, like what, you don't know what I have to do. The message board stadium police doesn't know how anyone feels about the team solely based on people leaving early, like I said in my previous post people leave early when we win big too.