Abe another disappearing act on sacks

Ice1974

I dont get it with him, this game he actually had a sack in his hands, but let Freeman juke him out of it

I'm really starting to wonder whats up when JA98 did a better job of getting to the QB than Abe???

if Abe where to ever have the best 5 game streak of his life, now is the time

Edited by Ice1974

I dont get it with him, this game he actually had a sack in his hands, but let Freeman juke him out of it

I'm really starting to wonder whats up when JA98 did a better job of getting to the QB than Abe???

if Abe where to ever have the best 5 game streak of his life, now is the time

agreed but i think he may be just a tick slower this year than last year. thus he is getting their just a moment to late.

agreed but i think he may be just a tick slower this year than last year. thus he is getting their just a moment to late.

agreed, he was always great and basically starting to move when the snap happened, this year I see him being a second behind, there is no SPEED RUSH from him.

if i remember correct, his 3 sacks have been

1.bull rush

2.stunt

3.QB stepped up

there have been no sacks where he has just blown by the tackle

You guys are missing a big part of his game. He is in on a LOT of tackles after recovering from his rush. He is still covering a ton of field. Our line is just not all getting it done.

Sacks don't tell the whole story. Abe is still a great player for us.

Yes, he is still very much in there. He is low on sacks, without a doubt, but he is still that impact player. Just not with the impact he had last year.

I do think we should be giving Sidbury some playing time to see what he has got. Not sure how long the coaching staff will keep him around knowing that he is declining, and considering we need someone to get tot he friggin QB.