Bucs Defensive changeup

Haven't seen this talked about, but one of the problems with our offense. Was the fact that Tampa brought back the defense they've played for the last 10 years and mixed it with the schemes Bates installed this year.

We practiced this week for Jim Bates defense, what we actually played against is a Tampa 2 that that team is VERY comfortable with.

I see people complaining about how our team played against the worst defense in the league, but we didn't play against that defense. We played against a defense that was ranked 9th in the league last year.

They know the Tampa 2, and they play it as well as anyone. Bottom line we did what we needed to do to get the win.

Haven't seen this talked about, but one of the problems with our offense. Was the fact that Tampa brought back the defense they've played for the last 10 years and mixed it with the schemes Bates installed this year.

We practiced this week for Jim Bates defense, what we actually played against is a Tampa 2 that that team is VERY comfortable with.

I see people complaining about how our team played against the worst defense in the league, but we didn't play against that defense. We played against a defense that was ranked 9th in the league last year.

They know the Tampa 2, and they play it as well as anyone. Bottom line we did what we needed to do to get the win.

i think you right

yea, we didnt' have film on the tampa 2 this year to prepare for

Try not to sound like a smart ***, cause from this end it makes you sound like a dumb ***.

The point is Tampa was the 32nd ranked defense playing Jim Bates scheme, this week they played the scheme that had them ranked in the top 10 last year.

So you're the Falcons staff and you're preparing to face a team that just fired their DC in the middle of the week. You have to study this years film with his scheme, and you have to be prepared if they change it up.

We managed to get the win, but if Tampa keeps playing their scheme by the end of the year no one is going to be laughing at that D.

That defense also had Derrick Brooks and Simeon Rice. Just saying.

2 old guys on their last leg ... and we all know they've drafted (scheme Specific) and plugged guys into the defense ever since Dungy was there.

I'd say one of the big problems this year is 90% of the guys there were drafted specifically for the Tampa 2 and didn't fit what Bates was trying to run.

+1. exactly what I was thinking and what mcclure said in an interview.