Willie Martinez outcoached Paul Johnson tonight..

SacFalcFan

It was a better showing than last year but I'm not gonna call it a great game defensively. A lot of us winning had to do with Ealey and King going off for 339 rushing yards keeping that Tech offense off the field. Winning the T.O.P. battle even by a small margin is what won us the game IMO.

gt just couldn't handle sec speed and physicality. :P

Hey Sac... does CWM come back next year in ANY capacity. Gotta say I have hated most games he has called, but seeing him teary eyed at the end was still pretty hard. I'm guessing he's gone, but it'd be nice if we could keep him as the DB coach (unlikely as it may be).

Edited by Dawgy

Hey Sac... does CWM come back next year in ANY capacity. Gotta say I hated all the games he called, but seeing him teary eyed at the end was still pretty hard. I'm guessing he's gone, but it'd be nice if we could keep him as the DB coach (unlikely as it may be).

no he is gone.. that was why he was teary eyed at the end.. he knows it's the end of his stay in athens.

no he is gone.. that was why he was teary eyed at the end.. he knows it's the end of his stay in athens.

Thought as much, and I really feel bad for him.

btw-- did you see CMR's reaction when Gatorade was dumped on him as well as his demanor on the sidelines? I have never seen him look this intense in public- critics need to notice and undestand that there is this other side of CMR that exists behind the scenes.

Thought as much, and I really feel bad for him.

btw-- did you see CMR's reaction when Gatorade was dumped on him as well as his demanor on the sidelines? I have never seen him look this intense in public- critics need to notice and undestand that there is this other side of CMR that exists behind the scenes.

That said a lot. Hope that fire carries over into next season.

Willie did a great thing to end his career, he was the better coach tonight between him and CPJ. The dawg defense held tech to 100 yards under their average and held GT to their lowest amount of points at home all year. Why in the world did CPJ throw 4 straight times to end the game?

Because he realized his high school gimmick offense wasnt working. Only problem is Nesbitt makes Vick look like Tom Brady

It was a better showing than last year but I'm not gonna call it a great game defensively. A lot of us winning had to do with Ealey and King going off for 339 rushing yards keeping that Tech offense off the field. Winning the T.O.P. battle even by a small margin is what won us the game IMO.

agree, one of the few times all year Bobo made a solid gameplan, AND stuck with it for more than 2 series. Still, like others hope that CWM doesn't have his job saved for 1 good game, I hope the same with Bobo.

Willie did a great thing to end his career, he was the better coach tonight between him and CPJ. The dawg defense held tech to 100 yards under their average and held GT to their lowest amount of points at home all year. Why in the world did CPJ throw 4 straight times to end the game?

My wife & daughter are both tech fans & we were watching & I was surprised, but could understand the 1st down throw...maybe catch the D off guard. But when he dropped back on 2nd down, I said we've just won this game. Really, really stupid play calling there at the end by GT.

Way to GATA Dawgs

Maybe your not a fan but didn't you say in another thread that you were "rooting" for tech because they were having a better season?

he may not be a tech fan, but he was rooting for tech so thus he was a fan of tech and it's clear he is with his comments regarding the game. he may root for another team, but he was rooting for tech in that game and he said so.

he may not be a tech fan, but he was rooting for tech so thus he was a fan of tech and it's clear he is with his comments regarding the game. he may root for another team, but he was rooting for tech in that game and he said so.

Pretty hard, too... he was all over the "Tech is gonna roll up UGA" bandwagon all week. Tech fan or not, he's got some crow to eat.