Egg Bowl: Ole Miss at Miss State

SacFalcFan

That was an awesome win. Going to energize the whole campus with exams coming up this next 2 weeks. I'm pumped.

Congrats on the win, man. I missed the game because i was at work but i was keeping up with it on my phone. I think ya'll are moving in the right direction and again congrats on finishing the season strong. That being said, we're gonna go play a bowl game now. later!

McCluster has a chance to make history

November, 28, 2009 Nov 285:29PM ET By Chris Low

The 41-27 loss to Mississippi State was a huge bummer for Ole Miss, but senior running back Dexter McCluster still has a chance to make SEC history.

McCluster finished with 82 rushing yards and 63 receiving yards, giving him 985 rushing yards and 475 receiving yards for the season.

He’ll have a chance in the Rebels’ bowl game to become the first player in SEC history to rush for 1,000 yards and have 500 receiving yards in the same season.

McCluster had a 52-yard touchdown catch against the Bulldogs.

Ya probably Cotton again. Hopefully not though, that would be 3 in a row for us.

the talk is they will make a deal and have ole miss go to the outback bowl and tennessee to the cotton bowl. that's a lose for you guys IMO.. i hate the outback bowl.. it's the worst bowl IMO due to it's 11 am start time.

Houston Nutt told ESPN that Ole Miss is going to Cotton Bowl again.

well that's a great move for them then.. i didn't see that interview.. i would go back.. you don't want that horrible outback bowl.. I can't wait til next year when the acc loses the gator bowl and the sec picks up once again another new year's day bowl game.

well that's a great move for them then.. i didn't see that interview.. i would go back.. you don't want that horrible outback bowl.. I can't wait til next year when the acc loses the gator bowl and the sec picks up once again another new year's day bowl game.

Article is mainly about SC but theres a snippet in here....

USC, SEC bowl picture still murky

Written by JOSEPH PERSON

Most bowl scenarios take Steve Spurrier and the Gamecocks to Atlanta; Nashville, Tenn.; Shreveport, La.; or Birmingham, Ala.

South Carolina's name did not come up last week when the Music City Bowl's selection committee discussed possible SEC teams.

But after a wild weekend that saw USC and Georgia upset ACC division winners Clemson and Georgia Tech, respectively, a lot of the conference's bowl partners have gone back to the drawing board.

"It's not making the decision any easier given South Carolina's and Georgia's wins this week," Music City president Scott Ramsey said Monday.

The top half of the SEC's bowl picture looks pretty clear. The winner of Saturday's SEC championship game between No. 1 Florida and No. 2 Alabama will play in the BCS title game, with the loser headed to the Sugar Bowl.

LSU looks like a lock for the Capital One Bowl, while Mississippi coach Houston Nutt told ESPN.com Monday that the Rebels are going to the Cotton Bowl for the second consecutive year.

After that it gets murkier for the middle of the SEC, which features six 7-5 teams jockeying for position for the league's bowl spots in Tampa, Fla.; Atlanta, Nashville, Tenn.; Memphis, Tenn.; Shreveport, La., and Birmingham, Ala.

The SEC bowl lineup will be announced Sunday after the BCS bowls are set. SEC spokesman Charles Bloom said the conference's bowl partners could announce their picks earlier if the BCS guarantees a spot for the Florida-Alabama loser, although that is considered unlikely.

Chick-fil-A Bowl officials are confident USC fans would be excited about the school's first appearance in the Atlanta-based bowl in 40 years, especially after the Gamecocks' win against their state rivals.

But USC's path to the Georgia Dome could be blocked by Georgia, which finished 4-4 in the conference - a game ahead of USC - and beat the Gamecocks 41-37 in September.

Chick-fil-A officials are not opposed to having local teams in their game. Georgia Tech stayed in Atlanta last year to face LSU in the Dec. 31 bowl; Georgia has played in the Chick-fil-A (formerly the Peach) three times since 1995.

Chick-fil-A Bowl president Gary Stokan said he would not make a decision based on which team would fill the most hotel rooms. He also said he would not be influenced by any perceived political pressure to keep Georgia close to home.

"We try to go through a process that really focuses on who deserves to be playing in our game," Stokan said. "If you do that every year, you have some integrity in our process."

The Chick-fil-A's choice of its ACC team could affect which SEC team goes to Atlanta. Stokan said he would not consider a rematch between teams that met in the regular season.

So if the Chick-fil-A decides it wants Clemson should the Tigers lose Saturday in the ACC title game, USC would be out; likewise for Georgia in the unlikely scenario the Chick-fil-A selects Georgia Tech for the second year in a row.

Many bowl observers believe the Chick-fil-A is eyeing No. 11 Virginia Tech, the ACC's top-ranked team.

Stokan said USC has a lot working in its favor: an excited fan base in close proximity to Atlanta, a well-known coach in Steve Spurrier and a number of Georgia natives on its roster, including Butkus Award candidate Eric Norwood.

"You put it all together, South Carolina's got a great bowl resume, certainly," Stokan said.

If USC does not go to Atlanta, the Gamecocks could drop to the Papajohns.com Bowl, which gets the last SEC selection.

The thinking is the Liberty and Independence bowls will go with West Division schools Arkansas and Auburn, respectively, whose fans will not have as far to travel. Ramsey said travel also is a concern for Music City officials with the game moving to Dec. 27, which is a Sunday.

With the bowl kicking off two days after Christmas, Ramsey said several committee members favor selecting a team that is within a half-day's drive of Nashville. That would include Kentucky, whose campus is about three hours from Nashville.

The Wildcats played in the Music City two of the past three years. But Ramsey said that would not discourage the bowl from considering the Wildcats, who brought a lot of fans to Nashville both years.

USC athletics director Eric Hyman spent part of Monday talking to bowl directors and others involved in the SEC bowl selection process. Hyman said whichever bowl selects the Gamecocks will be getting an energized program.

"I think people look at South Carolina as having great karma and ending the season on such a huge positive note with a convincing win against a great football team," Hyman said. "There's so much energy at the University of South Carolina, you've got to factor that into the decision-making process."

As I have said in the other bowl thread Gamecocknfire, it's going to be uga/vt in the chickfila bowl and if clemson does lose it will be clemson/uga. If GT loses, they will fall to as far as the champ sports bowl. Chick-fil-a won't take gt back to back years. South Carolina will travel well if they end up in the liberty bowl. At least it's not the outback bowl.

As I have said in the other bowl thread Gamecocknfire, it's going to be uga/vt in the chickfila bowl and if clemson does lose it will be clemson/uga. If GT loses, they will fall to as far as the champ sports bowl. Chick-fil-a won't take gt back to back years. South Carolina will travel well if they end up in the liberty bowl. At least it's not the outback bowl.

Odds are we wont end up in Chickfila bowl, but I can still hope. B)

Odds are we wont end up in Chickfila bowl, but I can still hope. B)

Oh yeah it's my prediction based on what stoken has said in a number of friday interviews with a local station and someone i know who used to work with those guys a few years ago. That's just what I believe, but you never know til it's official. I love the chick-fil-a bowl. It's one of the best bowls period year in and year out. It usually has a great matchup of acc/sec teams and it's a night game and has all the viewership all to itself. That is one reason I hate the outback bowl. It's in the morning and it's usually a bad matchup with a big 10 team (gag). I may talk about the ACC being a middle tier conference, which it is, but it's still better than than the crap big 10..

Oh yeah it's my prediction based on what stoken has said in a number of friday interviews with a local station and someone i know who used to work with those guys a few years ago. That's just what I believe, but you never know til it's official. I love the chick-fil-a bowl. It's one of the best bowls period year in and year out. It usually has a great matchup of acc/sec teams and it's a night game and has all the viewership all to itself. That is one reason I hate the outback bowl. It's in the morning and it's usually a bad matchup with a big 10 team (gag). I may talk about the ACC being a middle tier conference, which it is, but it's still better than than the crap big 10..

Yeah don't know for sure until sunday. Theres a lot of positives going for both teams. I would deff rather travel down to Atlanta myself than any other place. Chickfila bowl is one of my favorites as well because the matchups. Not a big fan of the Outback bowl either. Rather play the ACC since the team is closer to SC, and matchup could be meaningful. I'd love to see Norwood be able to go out near his hometown. Well find out Sunday for sure. Havent been to Atl since playoff game against Rams in 2004.