Dawg Fans Alec Ogletree is a freaking beast.

SacFalcFan

Not sure if anyone caught the newnan-grayson game tonight on css, but oh my goodness i can't wait til he gets to Athens. Alec is just something. He was the main one responsible for the game winning touchdown drive. He had a great one handed catch for the TD. He is all over the place on defense. He then blocks the field goal to win the game for Newnan.

My brother was on the line, saw the play for himself. They jumped. It was crap.

I have it on my dvr and i replayed it and paused it and alec ogletree did not move until after the ball was snapped.. if you are talking about the interior lineman who moved it was very close, but this has really nothing to do with his great play to block it.

Yeah I'm not talking about the dude. I'm pissed about the game, ignore me.

oh okay.. just wondering if you meant alec because i was watching him, but yeah a guy inside for newnan looked to have moved early, but they didn't catch it. i was very surprised that grayson didn't win tonight.. they have a ton of talent. i saw the 2nd half of the game, but i believed grayson has some turnovers that hurt them. i know they had a hard time passing.. in the 4th quarter they had up to half way just 6 yards total passing.

• 3 weeks later...

From Rivals.com:

On the Hoof: Ogletree has wide shoulders and long arms with a narrow waist with athletic legs. It is not just his game, but also his frame that remind most people of Carolina Panther Thomas Davis.

Needs Improvement: He will need to improve pass coverage skills in order to play safety at the next level. Ogletree is a tad stiff in the hips and a bit slow coming out of his backpedal.

Most Impressive: He comes up in run support maybe better than anybody else in the nation, wiping out anything out in his path. Ogletree also seems to have a knack for either making a key tackle or block on special teams.

Conclusion: His affinity for being a special teams monster alone will make it hard for a coaching staff to keep him off the field. Don't be surprised if he ends up playing both safety and linebacker at the next level. His physicality will force coaches to get him on the field in some capacity sooner than later.

Sounds like he'll be a fun player to watch when he gets to Athens B)

From Rivals.com:

On the Hoof: Ogletree has wide shoulders and long arms with a narrow waist with athletic legs. It is not just his game, but also his frame that remind most people of Carolina Panther Thomas Davis.

Needs Improvement: He will need to improve pass coverage skills in order to play safety at the next level. Ogletree is a tad stiff in the hips and a bit slow coming out of his backpedal.

Most Impressive: He comes up in run support maybe better than anybody else in the nation, wiping out anything out in his path. Ogletree also seems to have a knack for either making a key tackle or block on special teams.

Conclusion: His affinity for being a special teams monster alone will make it hard for a coaching staff to keep him off the field. Don't be surprised if he ends up playing both safety and linebacker at the next level. His physicality will force coaches to get him on the field in some capacity sooner than later.

Sounds like he'll be a fun player to watch when he gets to Athens B)

All this tells me is they'll try and make him a RB.

:lol: